• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Kerning City v55

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What version will Kerning City most likely be based off of?
Kerning City will most likely be based off of v55 of v62, the reason why I am not looking to base the server off anything v75+ is because, to my understanding, sources that are v55 and v62 have a very small bug list, and me being a novice coder to Java I will only be able to fix a small amount of bugs, if any at all without a little help from the community and whatnot.

What are some of your custom ideas that will make the server unique?
I have a few ideas up my sleeve that I have always wanted to implement into my own server. Here I will be explaining them into detail, keep in mind that there is no doubt that a lot of other people have thought about these ideas as well. This still doesn't mean I am copying their ideas, just being creative.

[Custom Story Line]
This is, by far, the greatest feature that Kerning City will have, yet it is also the biggest feature that other server developers have in their servers, so I believe it to be well known, if not a default thing in most servers. Having Kerning City being very GMS like, there will be a side portion of game play that ties into the original Maple story with reasonable extensions and whatnot.

Here is a player's perspective that I have written out so far, it is supposed to be what a normal Kerning City player would be experiencing:
Upon creating my character and logging in for the first time, I spawned in a moving subway with one NPC in it. I talked to the NPC, and he explained to me that Kerning City was a very underfunded place, those along the lines of the ghetto.
He explained to me that the best thing to do is to do everything I can that will get me out of this city, and onto better parts of the Maple world where I can prosper without doing these illegal currency generating methods. He taught me various ways on how I am supposed to make my own Mesos while living in Kerning City, since apparently I am going to be here until I am level 10, and after that I am free to move onto the rest of the Maple world.
These ways in which I will be generating the Mesos to get me started in this city involve stealing, robbing and mugging, drug selling, assassinations, and various other quests that help benefit my knowledge in order to move on.
I have already completed all the quests and am now level 10. There are tons of other quests available in Kerning City, so while I am playing the normal GMS gameplay, I can always come back for more of the extra adventures in Kerning City!

That may have been a little sarcastic at some places, but it nails the point. That's what my goal is with this feature, to increase and exercise my narrative skills in this project and make a lot of quests haha. I feel like I'm writing a book. I suppose that's good for the players if they like the story line and want to keep finding out what happens!

[Property]
So basically this feature includes the player being able to buy a house or apartment, something similar to these. I definitely do not posses the coding ability to really make this happen, what I originally wanted to do is make a section of residential properties that the player can purchase for Mesos, which includes a daily rent price. In order for this to work, I have would to somehow make it so when the player purchases a 'map', it creates a separate instance that is tied to the player and only the player. I am definitely going to need some help with those one...that's for sure. :glare:

[Special Occupations]

Basically harnessing the original occupations system, this basically allows you to pick one occupation, or profession, and each one is completely unique. One may be named "Pickpocket' or maybe 'Drug Dealer' and each one provides certain perks that affect maybe experience gained, Mesos gained, and other variables that would help. Also, you have a set field in which you are able to level up your profession, maybe to increase a said variable or decrease costs of certain things. Another variable I thought of would be skills, you may be equipped with certain skills as other jobs, such as Teleport or Flash Jump, or Heal.

[External Tools]
I have a good grasp on Visual Basic, and am able to construct various programs depending on what they are needed for, or what are found useful. In this case, for Kerning City, I am developing an external program that provides useful information such as player hang out spots, FM item prices, channel population, most populated maps, training spots, ranking system, GM ticket system, chat room, and more features which I am working on. This is all managed in a secure database program which requires you to log in to with your Kerning City game account. Just a little extra that most servers do not have.

MORE FEATURES WILL BE ADDING AS THEY ARE ACCORDINGLY PLANNED!

When do you expect this project to be finished?
This really depends on the team that I manage to recruit. The more time we put into this server, the better it will really turn out to be in the end when we release it on GTOP100 fully out of beta. I would probably give the whole project around 3 months to be able to enter open beta testing, where you guys can actually check it out and provide feedback or some ideas with some things.

THIS DEVELOPMENT THREAD IS REALLY IN DEVELOPMENT AS WELL, LOOK FORWARD TO MORE UPDATES AND MANY SCREENSHOTS! :eek:tt:

Last edited:
8===D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How about.. NO! :*:
1st. Whats the point of a v55 server? There's plenty of them around.
2nd. No one is going to fund you.
3rd. I love the idea but only if it was a newer version or beta.
4TH! THIS IS NOT THE RECRUITMENT SECTION! :scared:

Last edited:
FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it seems like you couldn't do anything special as a NOVICE coder.
not only that, that version won't really be fun without lots of special new features
and systems. without that, it'll be just another "nostalgic" v55 server made for users
that want some nostalgic moments. but the gameplay is not gonna be fun.
again, unless you're going to add lots of specials....

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
How about.. NO! :*:
1st. Whats the point of a v55 server? There's plenty of them around.
2nd. No one is going to fund you.
3rd. I love the idea but only if it was a newer version or beta.
4TH! THIS IS NOT THE RECRUITMENT SECTION! :scared:

I browsed every sever on GTOP100. This is the first v55 server that showed up in order.
KerningCity - Kerning City v55 - RaGEZONE Forums

Notice that it is #54.

And where did you think that other people would be completely supporting this? I could support the whole thing if I wanted to, cash isn't a problem for a VPS fee every month (around $84 already since I'm setting up a plan) and a paid CMS designer and PHP developer (over $100 for the CMS itself, along with a package deal around that for it to be fully developed PHP wise as well). I'm funding all of that. I am funded.

Thank you for loving the idea. Cool!

I UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT THE RECRUITMENT SECTION. I AM STILL AS OF NOW WORKING ON A THREAD TO ADVERTISE THROUGHOUT THE RECRUITMENT SECTION. This is the development section. As you can see, I didn't leave any information that would look like I was recruiting, such as my MSN, EMAIL, SKYPE, OR ANYTHING ELSE. Pretty sure this is crystal clear that these are my ideas for my server. Sorry if I somehow did NOT make that clear. :glare:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
EDIT: Oh and I saw that you edited your post with the reason Last edited by Hubba; 1 Hour Ago at 07:20 AM. Reason: high as duck.. duck up lol

I am very blazed right now, just torched some Butane Hash Wax haha!

I'm sorry but it seems like you couldn't do anything special as a NOVICE coder.
not only that, that version won't really be fun without lots of special new features
and systems. without that, it'll be just another "nostalgic" v55 server made for users
that want some nostalgic moments. but the gameplay is not gonna be fun.
again, unless you're going to add lots of specials....
You are right here, but this server isn't going to exist for those of the people who just want to experience the small nostalgic moments, it's for the whole experience of old fashioned, classical working Party Quests, boss runs, and old quests that work. And there will be lots of "specials", I haven't even completed listing all the features that I had in mine. I would never let one of my players ever 'just do old GMS poop', that's just really boring. I wanna give them the chance to experience that if they really desire to, yet also having direct access to special features like custom NPCs, the whole Kerning City quest line, and just more than that.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
EDIT: Oh and I saw that you edited your post with the reason Last edited by Hubba; 1 Hour Ago at 07:20 AM. Reason: high as duck.. duck up lol

I am very blazed right now, just torched some Butane Hash Wax haha!

You are right here, but this server isn't going to exist for those of the people who just want to experience the small nostalgic moments, it's for the whole experience of old fashioned, classical working Party Quests, boss runs, and old quests that work. And there will be lots of "specials", I haven't even completed listing all the features that I had in mine. I would never let one of my players ever 'just do old GMS poop', that's just really boring. I wanna give them the chance to experience that if they really desire to, yet also having direct access to special features like custom NPCs, the whole Kerning City quest line, and just more than that.

Good luck!

Tell me if you need any help sometimes, i'll be glad to in times i don't work too hard on my FL project.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good luck!

Tell me if you need any help sometimes, i'll be glad to in times i don't work too hard on my FL project.
Thanks a lot man, it means a lot! I'll let you know if I am having any trouble with anything!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This sounds like a project of a few hours in total.

"When do you expect this project to be finished?
This really depends on the team that I manage to recruit. The more time we put into this server, the better it will really turn out to be in the end when we release it on GTOP100 fully out of beta. I would probably give the whole project around 3 months to be able to enter open beta testing, where you guys can actually check it out and provide feedback or some ideas with some things."

3 months? LOL? what the `**** are you doing? Staring at the wall?

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score

This really depends on the team that I manage to recruit. The more time we put into this server, the better it will really turn out to be in the end when we release it on GTOP100 fully out of beta. I would probably give the whole project around 3 months to be able to enter open beta testing, where you guys can actually check it out and provide feedback or some ideas with some things."

You obviously don't know the meaning of NEW features, do you?
If he really plans to add lots of them, code events and full party quests,
quests and stuff, it could take quite much time.
i believe he wouldn't work on it nonstop, people have life.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Oh what LOL look who we have here LOL it's Mr. LOL, LOL! Well Mr. LOL, if I could please explain LOL, I actually have a life and am interested in coding this server while I live my life outside of my computer LOLOLOLOL MR. LOL LOL!!!

You really think this is gonna take a few hours in total? What with all I'm busy on my brand new KTM 250SX, why wouldn't I want to spend 3 days in Pala then go home (not to mention stoned) and just work on this server by myself. And just download all these repacks and rip all these features that I half looked at into my server.

I'm gonna go ahead and spend time in my server. LOL! :eek:tt1:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You obviously don't know the meaning of NEW features, do you?
If he really plans to add lots of them, code events and full party quests,
quests and stuff, it could take quite much time.
i believe he wouldn't work on it nonstop, people have life.

All party quests that exist in v55 have already been coded.

Any new he adds -> poop

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
All party quests that exist in v55 have already been coded.

Any new he adds -> poop

Sorry bud, but there was a little duck up in your syntax. Let me give you an example:
"Any new he adds -> poop" is what you said. I still fail to understand what the duck you attempted to say to me. Please elaborate.

THANK YOU motherlover, FOR POINTING OUT THAT ALL V55 PQS THAT WERE ORIGINALLY RECODED SINCE ITS V55 WORK, THANK YOU SO Ducking MUCH FOR LETTING ME KNOW. But take into consideration that some of them, 'Kerning PQ' have VERY fucked up reactors, if you didn't notice, IN EVERY Ducking STAGE BRO. You can already go to the next stage because it doesn't check for the NPC verification that you already completed the current stage that you are on.

poop, thank you for submitting your consideration, though, it really helps contribute to my dedication to creating this server. Just so you can actually play and think to yourself that you're actually having a good time. I'll be there. Look forward to Kerning City!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Must I remind you that the development section isn't the showoff section? This would be considered a showoff thread as opposed to a deveopment thread as development threads usually (not always actually... rarely) lead to a actual release of the source. However, if you plan on establishing this server, this would be considered a recruitment thread / Show off / advertisement thread.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
BankaiStory was a v55 server. Back in the day, it was the most famous v55. Lots of players to play lol. I'd like to see a successful v55 again. :D

I would love to see a successful v55, but this one doesn't seem like it can be one. It is my guess that it will fail.
Edit:
Around 3 months to finish this project? It seems like you can finish coding most of these features within a week. (Even with only like 30 minutes to an hour a day)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
a Nostalgic Server (v55 and below) is only fun if it had the same community as MapleStory used to have. If you play on a not so populated server (0-30 online) it gets really boring since there is no place to merch, people to take boats with, meet new people, etc etc. I think that no matter what version of MapleStory you play on, as long as the community was like it used to be, it won't be much fun.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
a Nostalgic Server (v55 and below) is only fun if it had the same community as MapleStory used to have. If you play on a not so populated server (0-30 online) it gets really boring since there is no place to merch, people to take boats with, meet new people, etc etc. I think that no matter what version of MapleStory you play on, as long as the community was like it used to be, it won't be much fun.
This never occurred to me, but you are so right. In my vision of this project, I could only hope to have a large community if they saw my dedication to this project and they decided to stay. At the same time, I really do not have the ability and the team to be able to update any source at all, I just do not understand sniffing packets and stuff that's required to update sources to another higher version.

That being said, no matter how many players any source I choose to use attracts, I'm still creating a v55 or a v62 because I am NOT going to create another v83 since that's the highest version of a source that is released with the fewest bugs. This cancels out v88, v97, and the recently released v111.

Even if the community hates my server, (which I doubt you guys will), I believe that it will still be a great learning experience for me. And those of you who don't like it, then don't support the server! You can encourage or discourage whatever you want, just keep everything in this thread while I script my NPCs elsewhere!

Waste of time, no one uses v.55 just quit.
Then why am I using it? You could answer with various responses, maybe I'm Ducking retarded and am trying to look cool with everything I do, or perhaps I don't have that much time and just want to start with something small? This is definitely a waste of time in general, but it's also considered a waste of time for me to try and update a v111 server or even try to develop a v83 even though I don't want to be one of those people.

Either way, you trying to tell me that my project THAT I HAVE ALREADY STARTED is pointless, is such of a waste of time on your part. There's no stopping for me, buddy :8:

Back