Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[LucidCMS] CMS Development - Advanced - Smooth - Complex - Fast - Secure - Modern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm 99% positive, that you don't have a single clue, that most CMS that'a released ar3 using mysql_ and not PDO.
Second of all, I don't really want any one to copy my work and claim they did it, that's why. It's not illegal to use your brain.

Every CMS I've developed since 2011 has used MySQLi and most others have used it or PDO. RevCMS is the only popularly used CMS that is behind the times (and you're using it!)

If you were to release this, your credits would just get replaced by someone elses, code snippets released or not. And also, releasing snippets I think is section rules, as well as the fact snippets can't exactly be 'copied' considering they are but a fraction of the project.

You're right, using your brain is free. Please try it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Every CMS I've developed since 2011 has used MySQLi and most others have used it or PDO. RevCMS is the only popularly used CMS that is behind the times (and you're using it!)

If you were to release this, your credits would just get replaced by someone elses, code snippets released or not. And also, releasing snippets I think is section rules, as well as the fact snippets can't exactly be 'copied' considering they are but a fraction of the project.

You're right, using your brain is free. Please try it.
Oh it's Jonty lmfao. Please don't try to teach me stuff bruh, you can't even figure out how to fix a mixed content error, nor probably generate/setup a SSL without using scamming CF service. You never obviously developed anything else than retros I suppose. Nice 1 click force HTTPS button LOL

Reaction score
Oh it's Jonty lmfao. Please don't try to teach me stuff bruh, you can't even figure out how to fix a mixed content error, nor probably generate/setup a SSL without using scamming CF service. You never obviously developed anything else than retros I suppose. Nice 1 click force HTTPS button LOL

Guess you're pretty angry. First you take your small man syndrome aggressive behaviour out on one of the most helpful and respected people in the section (@Joopie) and now you make small minded claims against me.

Grow up and learn to code, and learn to take advice from people who know more than you. Also, code snippets?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guess you're pretty angry. First you take your small man syndrome aggressive behaviour out on one of the most helpful and respected people in the section (@Joopie) and now you make small minded claims against me.

Grow up and learn to code, and learn to take advice from people who know more than you. Also, code snippets?
You prejudice, and you claim you know more about coding than me, yet you're so single-minded to think that a bit of forum reputation is everything.

I'm not mad at all, it's just some pretty weird "feedback" which is irrelevant to the subject.

Well atleast I know a lot more about network and security than you obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't use CloudFlare, lmfao. See ya Jonty, hypocritical little skid, you can't even take some constructive criticism yourself without banning people over a retro hotel. Grow up.

Btw you can code? You cant even figure out how to show errors for when someone is trying to log in on your ugly index page.

Last edited:

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm 99% positive, that you don't have a single clue, that most CMS that'a released ar3 using mysql_ and not PDO.
Just because a lot people are doing stupid stuff doesn't means they're right.
mysql_ is deprecated since PHP 5.5.0. ->

> 100 results shown in 2.2 seconds? This performance is a nightmare.

The design is pretty okay, but I assume the code is hell poop. Good luck.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just because a lot people are doing stupid stuff doesn't means they're right.
mysql_ is deprecated since PHP 5.5.0. ->

> 100 results shown in 2.2 seconds? This performance is a nightmare.

The design is pretty okay, but I assume the code is hell poop. Good luck.
You do realize its not just a mysql query right?

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You do realize its not just a mysql query right?

PHP:
  final public function secure($var)
    {

return strip_tags(stripslashes(htmlspecialchars(trim($var))));
    }
In a "mysql" class? Dafuq?

PHP:
$class      = __CLASS__;
self::$inst = new $class;
Why not just ez pz
PHP:
self::$inst = new self;

[PHP]

[PHP]
final public function tagUser($string)
    {

global $_CONFIG;
        $regex = "/@+([a-zA-Z0-9-_]+)/";
        $str   = preg_replace($regex, '<a href="' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] . '/@$1">$0</a>', $string);

return $str;
    }

final public function getToken()
    {

return hash('sha1', session_id() . date('H:i'));
    }

final public function timeZone()
    {

if (!isset($_SESSION['user']['time_zone'])) {
            $now  = new \DateTime();
            $mins = $now->getOffset() / 60;
            $sgn  = ($mins < 0 ? -1 : 1);
            $mins = abs($mins);
            $hrs  = floor($mins / 60);
            $mins -= ($hrs * 60);
            $_SESSION['user']['time_zone'] = sprintf('%+d:%02d', ($hrs * $sgn), $mins);
        }

return $_SESSION['user']['time_zone'];
    }
And whatever they have to do with the mysql class..
seems to be the wrong place for these ones

Last but not least: using "global" is bad practice.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PHP:
  final public function secure($var)
    {

return strip_tags(stripslashes(htmlspecialchars(trim($var))));
    }
In a "mysql" class? Dafuq?

PHP:
$class      = __CLASS__;
self::$inst = new $class;
Why not just ez pz
PHP:
self::$inst = new self;

[PHP]

[PHP]
final public function tagUser($string)
    {

global $_CONFIG;
        $regex = "/@+([a-zA-Z0-9-_]+)/";
        $str   = preg_replace($regex, '<a href="' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] . '/@$1">$0</a>', $string);

return $str;
    }

final public function getToken()
    {

return hash('sha1', session_id() . date('H:i'));
    }

final public function timeZone()
    {

if (!isset($_SESSION['user']['time_zone'])) {
            $now  = new \DateTime();
            $mins = $now->getOffset() / 60;
            $sgn  = ($mins < 0 ? -1 : 1);
            $mins = abs($mins);
            $hrs  = floor($mins / 60);
            $mins -= ($hrs * 60);
            $_SESSION['user']['time_zone'] = sprintf('%+d:%02d', ($hrs * $sgn), $mins);
        }

return $_SESSION['user']['time_zone'];
    }
And whatever they have to do with the mysql class..
seems to be the wrong place for these ones

Last but not least: using "global" is bad practice.
What do you recommend instead of global then? Lol

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
What do you recommend instead of global then? Lol

Pass the variable into the function/class as a parameter (like using setters for example).
i.e:

PHP:
class MySQL {
	private $_config;

public function __construct($config) {
		$this->_config = $config;
	}
}

and class names always start with a uppercase letter

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pass the variable into the function/class as a parameter (like using setters for example).
i.e:

PHP:
class MySQL {
private $_config;

public function __construct($config) {
$this->_config = $config;
}
}

and class names always start with a uppercase letter
I'm just gonna edit it using dependency injections or registry instead of globals. Didn't really think of it until I researched a bit more, ty for the response.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys, be nice plz

not a bad project - it got much better reviews on DB
That just proves this forum is filled with more arrogant fools, so I might aswell just head back to DB lol.

I will begin to update from global variables to Dependency Injections.

Geo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
poop bruh, give me some feedback then. You ever used RevCMS? Thats what is called awful coding.
RevCMS isn't modern, it was developed over 5 years ago on PHP5. A lot of today's features were either unavailable or not used often, now there is no reason not to use PDO etc unless you are maintaining legacy software which even then it is quite easy to upgrade small projects to MySQLi and benefit greatly on both performance and security.

You are claiming this is modern and secure, but how can you be sure if the original source was derived from Rev which used deprecated libraries that are no longer supported?

This is much the past of CMS for Habbo retros.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
You prejudice, and you claim you know more about coding than me, ...
I'm not mad at all, it's just some pretty weird "feedback" which is irrelevant to the subject.
Well atleast I know a lot more about network and security than you obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't use CloudFlare, lmfao. ...
Why is your Snipped code so out-dated? No one would even bother converting it anyways it is Habbo, they still use revCMS after years...

Stop showing such a 'cocky' attitude towards others and stop bringing off-topic elements into this endless discussing to get your right, you will not get it. It is only going to make you look bad.

You claim to be modern? Show us modern code instead of getting salty over some feedback. The actually code is the only representation of your skill.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why is your Snipped code so out-dated? No one would even bother converting it anyways it is Habbo, they still use revCMS after years...

Stop showing such a 'cocky' attitude towards others and stop bringing off-topic elements into this endless discussing to get your right, you will not get it.

It is only going to make you look bad.

You claim to be modern? Show us modern code instead of getting salty over some feedback. The actually code is the only representation of your skill.
Couldn't really care less. I didn't ask for you to download it once its released not did I ask you to come with "feedback". You're just as hypocritical as the others. Your comment is pretty irrelevant to the subject too.
Btw cocky attitude? You expect me to be nice, when some Ducking idiots comment bs and prejudice everything? They probably cant even code poop themselves.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Btw cocky attitude? You expect me to be nice, when some Ducking idiots comment bs and prejudice everything? They probably cant even code poop themselves.
I am telling you to calm down as a moderator.

Also your demo site does not work, fix it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also your demo site does not work, fix it.
I'm switching OS, my hosting support is retarded and it takes them 1-2 days to reply withing every message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Maybe instead of posting a code snippet that is full of debug lines, post something that is actually finished and is unlikely to change?

Your layout and design looks cool so nothing wrong with that. I am just wondering what makes you think everyone here are 'arrogant fools'? Have you written and released CMSs' before? Do you work for a software company as a software developer? A lot of people here actually do. Or have studied things like this.

Sure your code may work. And it could be fast but if it is unreadable (For others hard to wrap their head around what is happening) and hard to maintain then there is something wrong in your design.

And if you do not want feedback, as arrogant as this feedback can be, you shouldn't post a development thread here...

Just my $0.02

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If your "code" is finished and unlikely to change, you probably don't care that much. Coding is never finished nor unlikely to change. Almost anything can be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back