Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Must read for ep3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Solved] Question about ep3 config files

Most if not all EP 3 q_000000 files are broken. Questloader doesn't accept them and errors out, this one is fixed and an EP 2 server will load all the EP 3 quests fine I just can't start them cause I don't have the needed stuff. If I had a way to add in the EP 3 mobs/maps then yeah... Try these and delete q_000004 from the server's quest folder at the same time, as in do not delete and replace, just delete it completely.

Questloader shows errors because of this line QUEST_EPISODE_TYPE.
So, I recieved NPC Init Error with your q_* files and moved q_000004 file and same error with my q_* files...
Then I tried to use XorTool (very useful tool) and took q_* files from russion official AO server but... error again "Failed to load quest"

My problem is that when it should load the quests a cmd saying press any key to continue appears.

I have same error...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@usarov Download

#######################################
fails to SCMonitor :S

FieldServer
NPCServer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@usarov Download

fails to SCMonitor :S

FieldServer
NPCServer

OK, quests loaded but NPC Srver IOCPInit Error... :huh:

Code:
01-06 14:21:50|[Error] WndProc(), Can't connect to FieldServer[      127.0.0.1:15103] Reconnect
01-06 14:21:56|[Error] WndProc(), Can't connect to FieldServer[      127.0.0.1:15103] Reconnect
01-06 14:22:02|[Error] WndProc(), Can't connect to FieldServer[      127.0.0.1:15103] Reconnect
01-06 14:22:08|  [Notify] CNPCGlobal::InitServerSocket# Starting... 
01-06 14:22:08|[Error] NPCServer IOCPInit Error

Solved... NPC Running :)
I just changed IP in global cfg from 127.0.0.1 to my LAN IP.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ep3 Config & Bin It should work 100%

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

we got the server running no problem with that.
But we cant get the HappyHour system to work any infos on that would be nice

Reaction score

I got it to work but it has to be done evry time i start the server. Im not sure what exactly i did but: i used the old ga tool and suddenly after some refreshing it loaded. Hope itll help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

PANKJ

fails to SCMonitor
FieldServer
NPCServer

You can see the top picture message

Reaction score

I dont know if you realize this scmonitor is older than the server and thats why it doesnt run correctly, like all ep2 tools. I dont think anyone has got it working and i dont see a point in doing so. You need either the updated tools or a custom one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i got a problem my client dc all 2min 20 seconds from the server and in log it only says: socket closed reason 6 :( any idea how to fix it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

PanKJ, hello! You do not know how to add new armor to Lucky Machine? I fix all armor and it work perfectly, but i have only 7 armor and i want to add all 12 :)
P.S. You have progress .sma files?
P.P.S. Item shop dont work?

Last edited:
Reaction score

I have some progress with the sma files. Atm i have a 100% working sma directory reader - it reads all smas you put in a folder and returns a text file with details about each spawn in each map. It can edit/add spawns as well but it doesnt handle some errors atm and under certain circumstances it corrupts you files before you know it. The problem is that i have to do too much error checking and i cant write the program fast. Anyway, once im done with the dll im making atm, ill use labview to make it some gui and in the future maybe ill make a standalone. About the lucky machine, what you wanna do shouldnt be difficult if you have the armors in the db already. All you need to do (i suppose) is adding some entries in ti_luckymachine table and the relevant mysteryitemdrops and then adding the drops you want in the mysteryitemdrops youve made (i obviously know how to add the armors, just didnt know where to find the nums). And about the item shop, it works, but the credits dont work (in other words you always have 0 creds so you cant buy anything).

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I did a clean start and now I'm facing client issues.
This is the structure I use now..

DB:
Basis by PanKJ, added some more entries from EP2 and applied the bugfixes listed in this thread to get server running.

Server:
- *.sma from "AO_Stuff" and "SERVER UPGRADE DEC 09"
- *.dat from current Ace Online client
- omi.tex from current Ace Online client
- quest.cfg's extracted from current German AirRivals client (as suggested by predi24, they load without errors)

Client:
- current Ace Online client
- quest.tex from German AirRivals client

All subservers seem to boot normally as usual.
I could login with the second last BattleGears client, but not anymore after the last update (along with many other files, the executable and omi.tex were updated).

Now the gear selection screen stays just black.
I guess I need to choose another set of client files?
Or is this a DB incompatibility problem?

Thanks in advance.

@empilein:
Take a look at Server/Hackshield:
There is "3N.mhe" and "HShield.dat". Both can be found in your Client/HackShield. Maybe try to synchronize them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

We could upload our own data but the server already has 2.7 gigabytes and then the client ^ ^ 2.75 is pretty large package.

PS:
Concerns must be that the AceOnline.atm, quest.tex and omi.tex the server and the client the same.

Last edited:
Reaction score

No need for uploading so much data. From what i know, the current ace online client (ep3.3) is incompatible with the ep3.2. I had the black screen issue with zumina ep3.2 client and the airrivals client tho, so its not just incompatibility. Anyway, it looks like some clients just dont work with the server. Idk what the problem is nor have i tried to find a fix cause the battlegears client worked. You can try exchanging the .atm files or the res files to see what happens. The easiest solution is to use a battlegears based client. Thos the best would be to find why it doesnt work the other way.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@PanKJ:
Thats exactly the problem. BattleGears was updated to v3.3 some days ago, just read it on their forum.
Btw, how is the progress with your sma tool?

@predi24:
Can you please upload your version of "AceOnline.atm" and the corresponding HackShield folder? The rest is basically identical anyway.

Meanwhile I do some tests with the old BattleGears.atm ..

Thank you :)

Reaction score

Oh i didnt know about that. Luckily i keep every single client (i have about 10 atm). About the sma tool, its almost finished - the code is actually there, all i need is to add some exception handling and error checking cause atm whenever somethings (like having a .sma file in your directory which isnt sma format tho) wrong itll just crash and youll probably not know why. The problem is i have school and i cant work on it now. You gotta wait for the release.

PS: i suspect time isnt always in secs, i gotta confirm what happens with it.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

@PanKJ:
Thats exactly the problem. BattleGears was updated to v3.3 some days ago, just read it on their forum.
Btw, how is the progress with your sma tool?

@predi24:
Can you please upload your version of "AceOnline.atm" and the corresponding HackShield folder? The rest is basically identical anyway.

Meanwhile I do some tests with the old BattleGears.atm ..

Thank you :)

What exactly do u want to know about the "old" BattleGears.atm?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I just thought the only difference between ep3.2 and ep3.3 was the database.. now the executable updates makes more sense :)

Currently I'm staying with BattleGears v2.0.0.5 as this is the latest ep3.2 version and it has compressed resource files already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back