• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arr

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [v1.1] Odin Install Guide

Step #10.3

Copy this into a new line at the end of the file:

Code:

127.0.0.1 stubedore.t

Does it have to be the ip 127.0.0.1 or the ip of the server?

with that format I have to save
When I get to keep him. Txt
server - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: [v1.1] Odin Install Guide

Does it have to be the ip 127.0.0.1 or the ip of the server?

with that format I have to save
When I get to keep him. Txt
Put 127.0.0.1
To save it, choose 'All Files' from the dropdown list and remove the '.txt' part from the name. You may have to save it to your desktop and replace it manually if it won't let you overwrite it.

Arr

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [v1.2] Odin Install Guide

to manually since I can not see it or removing the antivirus makes me that this file is read only, you have any idea?

* run as administrator notepad and not let me see it

Last edited:
Reaction score

Copy it to your desktop and edit it from there, then you paste it back into the etc folder and replace the already existing file. When you edit the file, make sure to save it with no file extension.

Arr

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Copy it to your desktop and edit it from there, then you paste it back into the etc folder and replace the already existing file. When you edit the file, make sure to save it with no file extension.

I put the file on the desktop.
Modify the.

File Type: Archive

When I try to change it makes me that the hosts file is read-only and will not let me replace

Arr

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I have problems with the computer, which will not let me see the file and to modify read-only. I will try to solve it, as this forum is not for such problems. While not rejecting help.

What if you do not modify the host file?

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I have problems with the computer, which will not let me see the file and to modify read-only. I will try to solve it, as this forum is not for such problems. While not rejecting help.

What if you do not modify the host file?

If you do not modify it, it will simply not work.

Easiest way to edit host file if your system rejects to let you do anything with it:

- create a blank text file somewhere
- enter the line you have to fill in that host file
- rename you textfile to hosts ( without .txt and stuff )
- copy it to the place it belongs ( computer will ask for admin rights. Say yes to it )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

guys i'm getting the error "Authentificathion Failed" and all it's ok -.-

some pics

pls help

if need more info tell me -.-

bat.JPG - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums Host.JPG - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums Log.JPG - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums ODBC.JPG - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums Tokens.JPG - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I don't really like the words "getting error" & "and all it's ok" in one sentence ~
When everythings ok, there would be no error, right? :D

Try to use my Localserver-launcher instead of the .bat/the DOS-command, on some PC's it don't work, i dunno why but yeah.
Check if the filesize of your "OdinRestServer.exe" is a ca. 65kb, if it is like ~37kb get the newest version from my guide.
Also check your "OdinRestServerSettings.shn", the "ExpireDate" must be set to "false" for testserver, else the token will expire after 60 seconds.

The "AuthError" is mostly caused by used ports. Close allother applications like Skype, FTP-Server,Browser and so on which can use port 80. RESTServer can only run on this port because it communicates via http-requests and those are sned trough http-port (80).
Google for PortScanner and check if port 80 is free when OdinRestServer-services is offline.

++++++++++++++++++

I think i´ll create a F.A.E. thread (Frequently appearing errors) for the OsinRestServer-service, dudes spamming my skpye with AuthError help requests ~

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I was wondering if anyone had a bat to start server services etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Seem to be having the
DB_Init FAILED = DSN=AccountLog;UID=sa; PWD=12345
DB_Init FAILED = DSN=w00_GameLog;UID=sa; PWD=12345
DB_Init FAILED = DSN=w00_Character;UID=sa; PWD=12345
issue. Doesn't seem to be working. So far using 127.0.0.1
The Dsn and the databases are named correctly as of the guide and the password is correct. Tried creating other UID but it doesn't seem to work either. Set full permissions. still not working.
TCP/IP enabled... Can't tell if its even connecting to it or not.

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

seem to be having the
db_init failed = dsn=accountlog;uid=sa; pwd=12345
db_init failed = dsn=w00_gamelog;uid=sa; pwd=12345
db_init failed = dsn=w00_character;uid=sa; pwd=12345
issue. Doesn't seem to be working. So far using 127.0.0.1
the dsn and the databases are named correctly as of the guide and the password is correct. Tried creating other uid but it doesn't seem to work either. Set full permissions. Still not working.
Tcp/ip enabled... Can't tell if its even connecting to it or not.

its been so many years, learn to Ducking read, look through the thread.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Been looking through it . Did see a few others having that issue have yet to really come across a solution such as checking PWD and UID. logging in fine on studio and I looked in a few other places too. The dsn is named correctly.
Yeah already read post #124 #128 #179
Databases are spelled correctly, so are the DSN in the ODBC Learn how to read yourself. You act like you've found a solution. Already seen a few that didn't reply and your post is unproductive. Already tried setting up the server again 3 times. I've only set up the old files several times.

Oh it was just wasn't running the odbc from the syswow 64 bit. Got used to running odbc with win+r due to
Csharp's guide. Though. Never had that issue when I was using the old files but yeah, different version of 2008 MSQL. Thought I already had checked both versions of MSQL2008

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back