• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Nexon wins $750,000 in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Holy poop.. 750k... I feel so bad for him lol I wonder what his parents reaction was like o.o

Nexon you dirty bastards, I don't think they realize that they probably literally ruined this dudes life, like they don't already have enough money? How low down can you be to sue someone for 750,000$ over a damn Game? I mean come on. I could understand a few hundred, MAYBE a thousand, BUT 750,000$?!..

Reaction score
Holy poop.. 750k... I feel so bad for him lol I wonder what his parents reaction was like o.o

Nexon you dirty bastards, I don't think they realize that they probably literally ruined this dudes life, like they don't already have enough money? How low down can you be to sue someone for 750,000$ over a damn Game? I mean come on. I could understand a few hundred, MAYBE a thousand, BUT 750,000$?!..

Game or not its still breaking a copyright and copyrights can turn into a big deal. I don't see Nexon as a dirty bastard though, its there game and there going to protect it. Your reasoning is "hes a nice guy so why sue him" private servers break copyrights and theres not really anything you can do to get around it accept to be smart and stay offshore. I agree its sad that he was got sued for 750k but in the end it was entirely his decision, and sense he didn't talk the proper protections like staying offshore it wouldn't have happened.

Reactions: 404
Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
some can, its not that much money, if his annual salary is 50k USD (which is even low for canada), i believe he can pay 25K to maple story for the next 30 years.

It's not as simple as "Oh I'll just give half of every paycheck I ever earn to Nexon and everything will be alright."

Sucks, another reason to not to use anything real over the internet.
such as real names.
Avg can salary is 22k ^^

Not sure what country you're talking about but when I searched it for America it's about 40,000 a year. Assuming that's correct, paying off 750,000 all while still making a living for yourself is pretty impossible unless it's paid over many decades. In other words, MapleStory will most likely not be even around by the time he could pay this off.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Game or not its still breaking a copyright and copyrights can turn into a big deal. I don't see Nexon as a dirty bastard though, its there game and there going to protect it. Your reasoning is "hes a nice guy so why sue him" private servers break copyrights and theres not really anything you can do to get around it accept to be smart and stay offshore. I agree its sad that he was got sued for 750k but in the end it was entirely his decision, and sense he didn't talk the proper protections like staying offshore it wouldn't have happened.

They're going to protect it? If it was protected they wouldn't make it redistributable, and this would've never happened, it's their fault for not making their files secured. Copyrights are broken every day with no consequences, what about all the other Private servers why aren't they getting sued? My reasoning is not "hes a nice guy" I don't even know him so how can you conclude that? My reasoning is 750,000$ is blatantly absurd. Like I said they probably ruined his life, over a stupid internet game that I wouldn't pay a dime for, that's where my problem comes in. I guarantee if you got sued for 3/4 of a Million dollars you wouldn't think that Nexon was so innocent.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
duck. 750 Ducking thousand dollars is too much to comprehend. Best of luck to this guy.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
They're going to protect it? If it was protected they wouldn't make it redistributable, and this would've never happened, it's their fault for not making their files secured. Copyrights are broken every day with no consequences, what about all the other Private servers why aren't they getting sued? My reasoning is not "hes a nice guy" I don't even know him so how can you conclude that? My reasoning is 750,000$ is blatantly absurd. Like I said they probably ruined his life, over a stupid internet game that I wouldn't pay a dime for, that's where my problem comes in. I guarantee if you got sued for 3/4 of a Million dollars you wouldn't think that Nexon was so innocent.

What are you talking about? Even the most advanced and secured programs can be cracked or modified, anything can be hacked. In fact, Nexon even took measures to protect their game client, which they are not even required to do. So you're completely wrong about saying that it was Nexon's fault for making their client insecure.

As for other private server owners, they are not relevant. The fact is that he was running an illegal private server, it doesn't matter who they catch first. They may only go after who they may deem to be the easiest targets for them to make an example out of.

Also, you do realize that they probably issued him several warnings through emails to shut down his server before taking action? He had ran more than one server before this and risked himself being sued.

Now don't get me wrong, I definitely feel bad for him and 750k is unreasonable, but I don't think that Nexon is guilty. Anyway, Anujan was a pretty cool guy, it's sad to see it happen to him and I wish him the best.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
obv they didnt take enough measures if their files were so special and they cared so much they wouldnt make them easy enough for some1 with half a brain to steal. so youre completely wrong about saying that it wasnt Nexons fault

but they r both at fault here neither one is more guilty than the other

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
obv they didnt take enough measures if their files were so special and they cared so much they wouldnt make them easy enough for some1 with half a brain to steal. so youre completely wrong about saying that it wasnt Nexons fault

It wasn't someone with a half a brain who cracked the files, it was actually a very skilled guy who did it (spudgy). They do not have to protect their files. It does not matter if their files are protected or not. Even if their files were unprotected and somebody made a private server out of them, they can still sue and get the same result. Again, they don't have to protect their files.

Reaction score

I'm guessing you and Justice don't come into this section a lot because it's common knowledge in this section that:
1. We wrote the emulator for the serversided stuff ourselves
2. Only a total of 2-3 people in this section have the knowledge to reverse the client to be usable (which we use) so I don't think "half a brain" would make sense here.
3. People here didn't steal any files. However, this is Nexon's argument that people in this section stole Nexon's official code.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It wasn't someone with a half a brain who cracked the files, it was actually a very skilled guy who did it (spudgy). They do not have to protect their files. It does not matter if their files are protected or not. Even if their files were unprotected and somebody made a private server out of them, they can still sue and get the same result. Again, they don't have to protect their files.

but still man 750,000$ is a lot of money :s

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lets take all our coding skills and hack the living poop outta GMS and any other servers. and by hack i don't mean flying around killing monsters with an item vac to get all the loot lol. i mean thousands of people doing SOMETHING to their servers. Unfortunately i haven't thought of anything that we can do...not to mention the penalty if we were ever caught.

But hey, if a bunch of hackers took down the PSN, why can't we do that to nexon's servers? lol we could make them lose millions! duck greedy corporations. excuse my language.

okay...i'm done dreaming now =/ *pinches self*

Reaction score
lets take all our coding skills and hack the living poop outta GMS and any other servers. and by hack i don't mean flying around killing monsters with an item vac to get all the loot lol. i mean thousands of people doing SOMETHING to their servers. Unfortunately i haven't thought of anything that we can do...not to mention the penalty if we were ever caught.

But hey, if a bunch of hackers took down the PSN, why can't we do that to nexon's servers? lol we could make them lose millions! duck greedy corporations. excuse my language.

okay...i'm done dreaming now =/ *pinches self*

Umm no. I don't like nexon but nobody is going to start poop here especially hacks. We don't promote nor allow it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anujan, the one from DestinyMS? Did he get sued for DestinyMS or? I remember DestinyMS received tons DMCA letters before, they ignored all of them, and they wrote letter back to Nexon/Llyod with challenges.

But still, $750,000 is really a lot, Nexon's crazy.

Btw, just curious if anyone know what happened to uMaple?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Umm no. I don't like nexon but nobody is going to start poop here especially hacks. We don't promote nor allow it.

No, i know. Hence only a dream. I don't feel like going thru the legal poop and all the other fun stuff that follows. I like RZ and RZ is already on Nexon's shitlist. Don't want to give them more reason to try to come after you lol. I don't believe any of us can afford a $750,000 fine. I just think nexon is pretty fucked up for ruining someone's life over something like this.

But it's true, what's done is done, nexon does have every right to sue. I think this may be to try to scare us, and i think the question is...will it work? How many servers do you guys think will be shutting their door just because of this? I mean, OdinMS was sued for what....350,000 euros right - but it doesn't look like to many people gave into that "scare". Thoughts?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if i was Anujan, i'd:

1)Change my name.
2)Change my appearance, find new swag.
3)Move in with Tupac, i mean, no1 can even find him. HE IS ALIVE, i know it.
4)Profit.

or

1)Invent something and become a billionaire.

Burn the land,
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Edit: Oh, I see, nevermind. Good luck Anujan. I haven't heard his name since MapleTales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back