• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

OdinMS Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use the profile tool in netbeans to profile your channelserver.
Let the server run for 24hours with players playing. After that just look trough your log carefully :):

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use the profile tool in netbeans to profile your channelserver.
Let the server run for 24hours with players playing. After that just look trough your log carefully :):

The problem is JVM crashes easily when profiling, therefore it isn't a good idea.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I like pie.
random

i'm new to ms private severs and coding them, so if i say something noobish i'm srry
Back to topic~
odin sources/repacks are pretty stable, me and my friend where playing around on my sever and stuff like that for a few days and it didn't crash we got d/ced alot but the sever didn't crash until my friend did a wrong command -_-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I prefer Vana over Odin, just because it seems more complete. Vana seems more stable in my past experience.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Well, im a noob here looking forward to be good as you people in the future.

And i wanted to say, That if you have auto-save and auto-restarter would not be a problem for you right?

Even tho Auto-Save might cause some problems to your MySQL if you have lots of players online.

And even tho while reading this thread i saw some posts about RydahMs. True that RydahMs owner is a noob (No offense), Most of his Npc's are not working, its just there for fun as i see. And even tho his server may be will last for 2 days without no restarts, but the server will be so laggy and responds slow as hell. Which Means if you use HP pot, it will take up to minimum 20secs for it to occur.

@downloadmebitch the thread you started is very interesting i read it since post one xD till the end.

Im actually a beginner in this Server development skills, but i know basics. OdinMS seems really fked up, and do Nexon have the rights to sue you???

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How does the timer manager even work anyway? Create a new instance of a class that inherits Runnable, and override the run method to whatever you want and pass it to a method in timer manager? Couldn't you just create a new thread and let it sleep for the duration and then let it run the same behaviors (or is this basically the same thing)?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back