• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

OdinMS Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, im a noob here looking forward to be good as you people in the future.

And i wanted to say, That if you have auto-save and auto-restarter would not be a problem for you right?

Even tho Auto-Save might cause some problems to your MySQL if you have lots of players online.

And even tho while reading this thread i saw some posts about RydahMs. True that RydahMs owner is a noob (No offense), Most of his Npc's are not working, its just there for fun as i see. And even tho his server may be will last for 2 days without no restarts, but the server will be so laggy and responds slow as hell. Which Means if you use HP pot, it will take up to minimum 20secs for it to occur.

@downloadmebitch the thread you started is very interesting i read it since post one xD till the end.

Im actually a beginner in this Server development skills, but i know basics. OdinMS seems really fked up, and do Nexon have the rights to sue you???

Em, and you know rydahms lags how? Stop guessing what will happen and go try it before guessing crap.. 20 seconds for a pot to occur... you disgust me. Jk. Jk. I Keed (; .
There's much more problems than just pots, which would be the least of your worries.
Not everyone has time to go through every npc on their server and give it a function.
The only problem auto-save may cause is possible duping, lag if your optimization sucks on mysql, Why would you need auto-save unless it's when ccing..
What exactly do you mean by auto-save, If you mean implemented with a Auto re-starter than lol..
You don't even know the fact if Nexon has the right to sue you.. Nexon has every right to sue for using their wz files, Odinms is not fked up, It just wasn't heavily worked on, Odinms was really just worked on for 3 Verisons I think v.53 - v.55, After that it was odinteh which was v.59, If I'm wrong someone may correct me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Odin is decently stable, Just needs a few optimizations here and there. And another thing, MCDB, Kills XMLs in it's tracks, Uses less ram, And is faster. Only con is WZ-editing. Except it's rarely integrated to any repacks.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Odin is decently stable, Just needs a few optimizations here and there. And another thing, MCDB, Kills XMLs in it's tracks, Uses less ram, And is faster. Only con is WZ-editing. Except it's rarely integrated to any repacks.

The only thing bad about MCDB is that it's not fully complete like the XML files are. Just to name something that I can think of right off the top of my head, the MCDB doesn't have Skill Effects, while the XML files do. Once the MCDB is an exact replica of the XML files, I'll be switching over.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Em, and you know rydahms lags how? Stop guessing what will happen and go try it before guessing crap.. 20 seconds for a pot to occur... you disgust me. Jk. Jk. I Keed (; .
There's much more problems than just pots, which would be the least of your worries.
Not everyone has time to go through every npc on their server and give it a function.
The only problem auto-save may cause is possible duping, lag if your optimization sucks on mysql, Why would you need auto-save unless it's when ccing..
What exactly do you mean by auto-save, If you mean implemented with a Auto re-starter than lol..
You don't even know the fact if Nexon has the right to sue you.. Nexon has every right to sue for using their wz files, Odinms is not fked up, It just wasn't heavily worked on, Odinms was really just worked on for 3 Verisons I think v.53 - v.55, After that it was odinteh which was v.59, If I'm wrong someone may correct me.

1.I know about RydahMs because i use to play on it.
2.Your comment was just mean, as you see i wrote that im just a beginner.
3.You should at least give me some tips not to go around every point i wrote and hypnotis it, i asked about simple points and you may answer it, or don't post.
4.As far as i know Auto-restart and Auto-saver are way different that each other.

Upvote 0
Dead & gone...
Reaction score
Well apparently DestinyMS can handle up to about a week without restarts at about 200-400 online average.

All thanks to Xterminator; he's a god. <3

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what you use. Weather its odin or titan it depends on what your better in handling. If your prefer java use odin if you prefer c++ use titan....

Also of this is based on peoples opinions. Some people will think if it can go up 1 day straight without a restart its stable and some people will think it has to be up for a month to be stable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back