Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Photography] Panorama of Edinburgh, Scotland.

Reaction score
Download it here, you have to download it or you won't see the full effect. ;)

Now you might wonder, what's so special about it, especially since the quality isn't that amazing. That's mostly because of how it was put together. You see when I took those pictures I had no intention of making a panorama, instead I just took so many pictures that this brilliant program (autopana giga 2) was able to make a panorama out of it. What the program does is detect in the pictures where they match up, it alligns them and will do pretty much everything to make it allign perfectly, so even if you take the pictures in the weirdest way, it will still come out as a whole picture, on top of that with things such as clouds it can just put it together extremely natural.
This can be great for panorama's, but also just regular pictures where you just want the option to zoom in much further.

Here is the unedited one, you can clearly see that the pictures were all over the place, and if zoom in you will see that some parts are more clear then others due to the various amounts of zoom I used.

The whole image quality is dodgy, I only had the camera a few days, it was extremely windy and quite cold and I couldn't lean my arm on anything to get some stability.

Ofcourse when you actually take the pictures in a proper way and instead of of 10 you take maybe 50 or a 100 pictures, the image quality would be absolutely amazing.

Due to my harddrive getting a firmware flash (known bug, everything should be fine), I can't access the majority of my pictures, including those I took in Scotland, but I got some awesome pictures, especially one from Edinburgh Castle where I took about 15 pictures from the city centre (princes street for those who are familiar), because I took those with the idea to turn it into a panorama manually (obviously didn't know about this program yet), it should be awesome. I'll post it when I got it.
That panorama will also be printed on a poster and I will frame it, I quite like pictures like that, plus it's something I made myself plus the whole view is something quite personal as I got great memories of it.

Anyway with this program I got some great ideas, I'm think about doing one with atleast about 70 pictures, perhaps even more, because it works so easily the number of pictures is no longer a issue, it just adds more detail.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice panarama, I had software like that back in the 90s, crappy job, but these are Nice.
I'm curious you live in Netherlands but did you take these on a trip to scotland ^^?

Reaction score
I study to be a social/support worker and me and 3 classmates had the oppertunity to go on a work placement in Scotland for 2,5 months, everything was paid for (ticket, food, rent etc etc), so yeah I basicly lived there for 2,5 months. Was really quite amazing, especially since our workplacement (I was there with 1 of my classmates) was so amazing.

Btw incase you have looked further on my account, those pictures from rageparties and all were made in Manchester/Hadfield, where Exclamatio used to live.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the unedited image is a very david hockney style. if you took loads more and put them together and left like the unedited one, people would be like "o wow i leik daved hocknay"

but i love the power of panorama.
nice i like :D

Reaction score
i did a picture like this before of my mate, it came out wrong.

GohanSSJ - [Photography] Panorama of Edinburgh, Scotland. - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't seem to compensate. What it does it put it together at the right spots but it didn't change the angle.

What program did you use? Because the program I mentioned before should be able to do this fine, especially if you put the detection mode on high.
the unedited image is a very david hockney style. if you took loads more and put them together and left like the unedited one, people would be like "o wow i leik daved hocknay"

but i love the power of panorama.
nice i like :D
Definitely should be possible with this program, as things such as the color changes is just 1 of the settings, if switched off you would get a whole different view. Might try that later on and see what happens.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't seem to compensate. What it does it put it together at the right spots but it didn't change the angle.

What program did you use? Because the program I mentioned before should be able to do this fine, especially if you put the detection mode on high.

Definitely should be possible with this program, as things such as the color changes is just 1 of the settings, if switched off you would get a whole different view. Might try that later on and see what happens.

definatly post it up, im intrested to see the outcome.

Back