Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PHP]Mail(); SMTP.

Reaction score
I'm currently messin' around with the PHP 'mail();' function, and recently found out I need a 'SMTP Mailserver' for it.
My xampp has MercuryMail included, but when I use mail();, it doesnt send/receive (the mail is sent to my Gmail) it.

I really wanna get this workin' =x
Can anyone sortta teach me how to work with it/advice me a good SMTP MailServer?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Do not use mail(), instead use PHPMailer or SwiftMailer (didn't I advice it to you earlier?).

Mail() does not send headers correctly and is considered being slow.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
What Daevius said.
mail() sucks at the headers part, and god forbid you send something properly.
Also, don't use XAMPP.

[Fd]

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm using something different on my site, I'm redesigning. I have a PHP script that mails through a SMTP server. I have mine mail through Comcast.

Thats the one I use.

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with classes/etc.. I get this error with the script bitblaster posted:
Code:
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\runescape\class.smtp.inc on line 82

Ln. 81: if(!isset($this->status)){

EDIT:
Seen to fix that with some googling, but now it'll just load until max. execution time is over..

Back