Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PixelBuilder [HTML5, Pixi.js]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We tried to create our own menubar, any opinions about it? I have no idea if it's good or not..
RR8teej - PixelBuilder [HTML5, Pixi.js] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Run, but I'll find you.
Reaction score
We tried to create our own menubar, any opinions about it? I have no idea if it's good or not..
RR8teej - PixelBuilder [HTML5, Pixi.js] - RaGEZONE Forums

That's really cool! Brings back a modernised version of their old flash menu bar :)

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pMKWUGX - PixelBuilder [HTML5, Pixi.js] - RaGEZONE Forums

I managed to get the database working (with a temporarily fix). You can log in now with demo:demo. The rooms aren't working anymore (I assume they are, but I can't get the box working with the button to go in a room).

I'm working on that bug now, while Joery is working on the layout.

UPDATE: If you log in, you can't log out (without removing cookies and stuff) yet.

Attachments

Run, but I'll find you.
Reaction score
lol.je isn't working for me any more. Its a URL shortener now :S

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We are planning to make everything again.

Why?
- Bug in the code. We were handling the events while drawing the controls. If you would have 2 draggable boxes and you would drag them on top of each other, and you would've a button on each box. Then you would press the button on the form in the back, while pressing on the front button. We found this bug while making the boxes. We found a solution but we only used it for the boxes. In the new version we're going to solve this everywhere so we're not going to get problems in the future.
- Performance: Some pieces of code are really bad and need to get recoded. Performance is bad in some parts of code.
- The code needs to be splitted into multiple files. At the start of the project it wasn't a problem to change a few things quickly, but now with 4.000 lines, 180.000 characters it is much harder and this will also become a problem in the future.

How?
We're going to make everything again. Also not in JavaScript, but in TypeScript. This will not be noticeable for the client, because the TypeScript is being transformed in JavaScript. For ourselves it is very handy, the syntax is nice to work with and you can use it easily for big projects. We're going to take account of the future so it isn't going to be a problem to add or change something later. Also, we are going to take account of the new user interface. We're going to change some things in the standard user interface and give it our own style.

How long does this gonna take?
We worked already a month on this and we're going to make everything again. Well, that's not really true. We're going to make the core again. Big pieces of code (like the walking part/UI/...) can be copied into the new code. We unfortunately do have school again, so it will go a little bit slower.

Last edited:
Rogu3
Reaction score
@antonn is re-doing a lot of the work as stated in his above post. He also said it will probably take a bit longer. Please read up before you post "dead project?".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
please don't stop now on this project, the previous version has disappointed me .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There isn't really progress at the moment, we started the project again in Dart, but we don't have enough time to make big progress on the project. So there are no new feautures.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thread should be closed if there's no further work put in to it.

If you would have read the above posts, you would know that the devs are putting quite some effort in rewriting it from (almost) scratch...
People have to understand that sometimes it's necessary to refactor or even completly rewrite code because most of the people on this forum don't use UML. And that refactoring can take quite a lot of time, sometimes even more time than implementing the things themselfes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back