Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PixelBuilder [HTML5, Pixi.js]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only thing i don't like about it is the font. It simply looks better using a SWF unlike via CSS. No idea why though...

There is no CSS involved in this project, everything is made in canvas with plain JavaScript.

I can't do really much about the font :/

I also tried to create a new habbo-like design for the client, but it failed so I wasted my time.

Reaction score
There is no CSS involved in this project, everything is made in canvas with plain JavaScript.

I can't do really much about the font :/

I also tried to create a new habbo-like design for the client, but it failed so I wasted my time.

Nothing is wasted time as long as you learned things from it. Maybe you could post some screenshots of the new design you tried to make so we can give our opinions :p: ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah damn! I was going to start doing a similar project from next week. You beat me to it, I'll be following the development of this thread closely.
Maybe even doing my own version when I get all client work done.

P.S have you looked into Node.JS for handling the multiplayer side of things?

Reaction score
Ah damn! I was going to start doing a similar project from next week. You beat me to it, I'll be following the development of this thread closely.

There is no such thing as beating others when they start a development. In the end it should be all done for the community and for yourself as a learning process. I suggest you to start your project and see how it goes and you will gain experience with projects if done correctly :):

There is no such thing as waste of time.

Hakuna Matata
Reaction score
The site works perfectly on Chrome.
Firefox however.. No success.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. It looks amazing!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes, I started yesterday with the server-side. The online example ( ) will not be multiplayer because we don't have a server (yet) to run the NodeJS on.

The site works perfectly on Chrome.
Firefox however.. No success.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. It looks amazing!

Thanks for reporting this bug. I'm working it now :8:

Bytheway, I'm that "friend" Redsn0w was talking about :D:

UPDATE: We also found out that it didn't work in IE (what did we expect?) so we're fixing that now. FireFox is now working fine

Another update:
We fixed the bugs with FF and IE. We're working on the inventory and the emulator. Logging in (wich will work with the canvas and emulator) works already, partially.
SpdxMF0 - PixelBuilder [HTML5, Pixi.js] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whats up with that "Licensed to: " part? You're going to sell it / not release it?
It was just some fill text for the screen, we don't really know what to put there and it looks stupid when empty :p:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whats up with that "Licensed to: " part? You're going to sell it / not release it?

Two weeks ago they hosted a live stream on a rival forum. They were talking with each other about closing the thread because they won't release it. They just want too lure people to their project...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Two weeks ago they hosted a live stream on a rival forum. They were talking with each other about closing the thread because they won't release it. They just want too lure people to their project...

I was talking about closing the thread on that forum because they are acting like 3-year old people, closing a thread has nothing to do with releasing. We are NOT going to sell this, this is a project we do for fun and we learn from it at the same time.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Redsn0w - PixelBuilder [HTML5, Pixi.js] - RaGEZONE Forums

Working on the input. Too bad I can't get it working on touch devices (I need to change a big part of the core of the game if I want to). Also, selecting with mouse and overflow need to be fixed.

For mobile devices I'm going to use a prompt() window. maybe we'll fix it in the future.

If the inputs are done, then I can make the login window.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Combobox is done:
RtrpiuO - PixelBuilder [HTML5, Pixi.js] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not really from scratch because he using jQuery, socket.io ..

We removed jQuery since it was not neccesary and only slowing things down.

All the code is made by ourselves except socket.io and the AStar pathfinding algorithm.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
We removed jQuery since it was not neccesary and only slowing things down.

All the code is made by ourselves except socket.io and the AStar pathfinding algorithm.

I know I'm just kidding :p: Your project is very nice, because I'm borred : :junglejane:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back