Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PW 155 in VBOX Debian11

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I have never shared a copy (In The Box), AKA pre-setup in a virtual environment.

I do not like VMWare nor do I like CentOS. So this one is setup in VirtualBox (Vbox),
with Debian 11 as the OS.

Yes, Debian 11... Java 11, PHP7, MariaDB and it all works...
I use this same setup for all versions of PW server. If you wanted, you could replace
the server files with older versions.

User panel is phpAdmin. I have fixed it to work with php7 and mariadb. You'll need to
customize it to your liking. Beware it has known bugs and exploits, but it is a start that
could be improved.

Admin panel is pwadmin. I have fixed it to work with php7 and mariadb. Don't confuse
this one with the above phpadmin. phpadmin does have some admin features, but this one
does not have user panel features.

phpmyadmin SQL/Mariadb management installed and configured using port 99 for security.

Very little edits to the client to allow a clean start. Applied all fixes to Gshop, all
priced at 0.01

CPW (Launcher/Patcher) installed and ready to go.

It is not a good idea to start and stop the server with pwadmin.
At any command prompt type "server" for a list of commands.
Common server commands:
server start
server stop
server status
server CPW new

Other useful commands:
server msg "This is a test...!" --> Send system message
server cubi 1024 10000 --> Send 100 Gold to account 1024
server trigger 1 2 start --> Start the Snow in all Main Cities
server dblDrops true --> Start 2x Drops
You can use these commands in cronjobs.

Edit file /home/maps for which maps to start each time server is started, by default
only main world and starter maps are loaded.
At least 16gb RAM needed for all maps.

pwadmin is started and stopped with the server using the "server start/stop" command.
You can edit the /home/server file if you want to change this.

I have deleted and cleaned out the ARC dll files from the client.

Applied ptemplate, monster spawn, and wallow fix thanx to 343.
Disabled Mole in the server thanx to Frye.

SSH and OS Login - root:root
SQL/MariaDB Login - admin:admin

Basic register new accounts:
http://"VBOX-IP"/register.php
User panel:
http://"VBOX-IP"

PWAdmin:
http://"VBOX-IP":8080/pwadmin

phpmyadmin:
http://"VBOX-IP":99

(Import appliance)

(Edit IP in PWI_en/patcher/server/serverlist.txt and updateserver.txt)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's the elementclient.exe with patcher bypass. I never really like CentOS and VMware aswell. Thanks.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Here's the elementclient.exe with patcher bypass. I never really like CentOS and VMware aswell. Thanks.
I do not recommend using that elementclient.rar... If you want to bypass the patcher it only requires a 1 byte hex edit... That elementclient.exe has an extra 10,820,216 bytes added at the end of the file... Many areas in that new data has links to and many others...

Why would you want to bypass the patcher when CPW is setup and ready to go...?

Here is a clean elementclient.exe with 1 byte fix to bypass patcher...
Hex edit here

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could someone tell me how I can change the server files? (Or share a ready server file for VBox) I would like to use the original 1.3.1 version.

I did already search and read and experiment, but to no success.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As a total novice I still have some questions about how to get things done.

1. How do I edit the file /home/maps? I only have the .OVA file and I cant see individual folders. Please tell me step by step as I dont have any prior knowledge.

2. I want to move my server from PC to laptop because PC isnt strong enough to run both server and client. Question: How do I move my characters to the new server? Again I dont have acces to the folders /dbdata/dbgame to copy and replace it. (it's only 2 accounts for me and my friend)

3. If I turn of my my PC the servertime stops as well. Is there a way to make the servertime match the real time or do I just have to accept that my servertime will be out of sinq?

4. Is it usefull if I type out a total noob guide for ppl like me who dont know anything at the start or are most ppl here more advanced and not in need of that?

Thanks!!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
1. WinSCP is a free program that will allow remote connection into the vm so that you can view and/or edit files/folders...

3. Set the timezone in the server via terminal...
Here is a how to,

4. Many people have already been typing up guides and how-tos here on ragezone...
In Google type "ragezone perfect world <your question>"...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there!
Trying to get server up via your VM. It's good and i already got connection with pwadmin and other php tools.

But i got a short question. Can you give me a link to (or where i can find) proper server configuring, if i start server from my laptop. Game on my pc and i want my friend to connect to server too (using Radmin VPN, for example).
It will be perfect, if anyone got server up and running, with connection through Ramdin VPN/any other lan emu and can guide me through process.

Thank you!

Upd: Server started pretty easy. Thank you very much for vm and configs! But i can't connect VM with Radmin. Still trying to find solution.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there!
Trying to get server up via your VM. It's good and i already got connection with pwadmin and other php tools.

But i got a short question. Can you give me a link to (or where i can find) proper server configuring, if i start server from my laptop. Game on my pc and i want my friend to connect to server too (using Radmin VPN, for example).
It will be perfect, if anyone got server up and running, with connection through Ramdin VPN/any other lan emu and can guide me through process.

Thank you!

Upd: Server started pretty easy. Thank you very much for vm and configs! But i can't connect VM with Radmin. Still trying to find solution.
you can establish port forwarding on your router to your VM's IP address and give your router's public IP to your friend to add it to their client's serverlist.txt file, you will not need any third parties. For 'how to set port forwarding on your router," consult the router manual.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can establish port forwarding on your router to your VM's IP address and give your router's public IP to your friend to add it to their client's serverlist.txt file, you will not need any third parties. For 'how to set port forwarding on your router," consult the router manual.
Thank you for your reply!
What ports need to be forwarded?
VM Ip address... What type of network i need to use? Nat? And how i can make static ip for debian linux? As far as i can see, there's something to be edited in /networks file.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply!
What ports need to be forwarded?
VM Ip address... What type of network i need to use? Nat? And how i can make static ip for debian linux? As far as i can see, there's something to be edited in /networks file.
You forward the ports used to connect to the server, default is 29000.

Use Bridge Connection (or, as it's called in VMware, External Switch in Hyper-V), so the VM can get an IP address from your router's DHCP and can link the VM to a port forwarding rule.

How do I set a static IP on Debian? Google search first link:
Yes, you need to set the file correctly, or the interface may not function properly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't find my Vbox IP address, can anyone help what Network do I need to use, is it NAT, abridged, or Host-only? I'm planning to use my pc for server and client.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Bridged is the easy option... Once the vm is running, login at the prompt... Type "ip a" and look for the ip...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I press "Shift + ~" to call GM "Terminal" and nothing happens. Is there a way to fix this?
perhaps the console in the client is disabled, run the client with console:1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
start elementclient.exe startbypatcher game:cpw console:1

this is my parameter But can't call GM terminal, but can call console GM normally

I'm using version 1.3.1.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
start elementclient.exe startbypatcher game:cpw console:1

this is my parameter But can't call GM terminal, but can call console GM normally

I'm using version 1.3.1.
what's your keyboard layout? french?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
VMware Network don't work help me please.
vmware_76PXExxvdQ - PW 155 in VBOX Debian11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Back