Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PW Server Files 1.5.1 v101

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Step Two:
.pwadminconf.jsp needs an edit!

OMG how did you get so many errors :drool:

it just takes me how I run the maps because by pwadmin when I go to CONTROL SERVER nothing appears, its been blank page

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Step Number ONE: DO NOT USE GUI FOR SERVER

WTH you thinking?

I wouldn't give you an ounce of help until you start using SERVER OS (AND NO GUI)
MrKiller - PW Server Files 1.5.1 v101 - RaGEZONE Forums

Shall I make a partition of my HDD to install an ubuntu .iso?

if so... 150GB will be enough? (i still have 375GB left on my HDD)

Also i have 8GB RAM

Reaction score
Whatever you do, run the server on a Server OS ;)

It wont much matter whether you run it in a VM (as silly as I personally think it would be to run a VM of ubuntu server, in ubuntu desktop :lol:) or whether you dual/multi boot.

If you're just "screwing around" 150GB will be MORE than enough. Wouldn't be too sure if running a live server (as I never have) but I would imagine once you get enough players, even inactive ones, you'll hit 150+ sooner or later... 150 would be more than enough to "screw around" though yes...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whatever you do, run the server on a Server OS ;)

It wont much matter whether you run it in a VM (as silly as I personally think it would be to run a VM of ubuntu server, in ubuntu desktop :lol:) or whether you dual/multi boot.

If you're just "screwing around" 150GB will be MORE than enough. Wouldn't be too sure if running a live server (as I never have) but I would imagine once you get enough players, even inactive ones, you'll hit 150+ sooner or later... 150 would be more than enough to "screw around" though yes...

TY very much... I'll start installing the Server OS... BTW
Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 LTS is ok?

or which one do you think it's better'?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG guys... I really wanna cry... I do what you tell me,and I instalo de Ubuntu Server... But now, I lost everything, I nade a partition... But something go wrong... And now I just have de "Terminal thing" permanent on my screen :(

Right now im posting from my phone, and I don't know what to do :(

I think at least I'll make this worth... I'll be an optimist and install it again... Using all my complete HDD (1T), and get this server going... But one question First... Is there any way i can open the browser... Or play PW, from this ios? (Ubuntu server)

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
OMG guys... I really wanna cry... I do what you tell me,and I instalo de Ubuntu Server... But now, I lost everything, I nade a partition... But something go wrong... And now I just have de "Terminal thing" permanent on my screen :(

Right now im posting from my phone, and I don't know what to do :(

I think at least I'll make this worth... I'll be an optimist and install it again... Using all my complete HDD (1T), and get this server going... But one question First... Is there any way i can open the browser... Or play PW, from this ios? (Ubuntu server)

You should run the server from a virtual machine, not from the actual operating system.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should run the server from a virtual machine, not from the actual operating system.

Whaomi1995 if I give you my password putty and WinSCP, you can install my V151 server? for I did but I have a lot of problem .. because I took a virtual server, but I can not seem to install the server, always be with PwAdmin problem, or be with the server .. if its you not mind of course! add me on skype if you can

My skype> Maxxou62800

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Reuploading...

whoami me you can do so or not? it would be very nice of you, I just want to connect with my friends and play for fun but hey: / me if you could install the server, I would say not

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use the complete package of 343 and apply the new server files to it.

I did install everything ect .. I want to connect me its always says "Could not log in to server" and no pages iweb or pwAdmin exist! I have to put myself?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I did install everything ect .. I want to connect me its always says "Could not log in to server" and no pages iweb or pwAdmin exist! I have to put myself?
Thoroughly re-read, Then re-read again, and again, then search search search. these problems have been answered in the HUNDREDS or pages not only on this thread but others. if you cannot get to iweb or pwAdmin, then you need to find a new one and place it into the proper folder. it is not hard to use the search box/google

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thoroughly re-read, Then re-read again, and again, then search search search. these problems have been answered in the HUNDREDS or pages not only on this thread but others. if you cannot get to iweb or pwAdmin, then you need to find a new one and place it into the proper folder. it is not hard to use the search box/google

I have jakarta, I have the files etc, but I know exactly where to put them ..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i just read first 16 pages and i feel pity for ragezone that they are having alot of people to help
i understand the headache XD hahahahaha so please just do your best as you kept doing
i really understand how much ragezone members like sora and others are tired to teach the rest but all what i can say that may encourage you up that what you do is the right thing to do and don't worry what you teach to people will be taught and other will teach others it is all about question of time that everyone start having knowledge about ubuntu and the best part for me i started it step by step
from creating a single website to create a game server
still i am having issues and i am newbie but i managed to get website and online server game to work

i will just post as little guide and i hope my post can be used in soon future i will just put an explanation to help rage zone
here we go :
you must have version ubuntu-12.04.3-server-amd64 iso image insert it into a new server and HIGHLY SURE that you make ram over 750 or more
i have seen pwadmin service how much ram it can take and i sat the value of ram to let it work as 750 or so
create a new server and you can learn that on any youtube video or look at this site
make sure you don't select any servers with space while installation is on for tomcat7 openssh and such
You must after starting your server to install them through command lines
you must install the follow to get any webserver to work or just do like that
we need to create root account
sudo passwd root
put the password you have installed
then we need to switch to root to have all permissions as administrator like u were running pc software as Administrator by clicking right
so u will type the following after that
su
then put your own password
then you will become root YAY we are super men as root that how we can own the whole permissions
now type the following
sudo apt-get update
now to install apache2 , php5 , mysql and phpmyadmin
sudo apt-get install apache2 mysql-server php5 php5-mysql php5-cli php5-imagick php5-gd php5-mcrypt php5-curl phpmyadmin
remember to put always the password that you have created and the user name :root if u ever been asked for it* mysql is the database like your own castle and phpmyadmin is the remote control to access it or edit bases of it or create new databases and apache2 as well as php5 are needed for creating websites and let websites work very well *
after this type
sudo apt-get install tomcat7
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
then
sudo service apache2 restart
sudo service mysql restart
sudo service tomcat7 restart
now do cd /
wget "http://srv.joslian.com/PerfectWorld/PWServerFiles/PWServerFiles1.5.1v101.tar.gz"
tar xvzf PWServerFiles1.5.1v101.tar.gz
then
do cd /home
sudo chmod 775 -R /home
./chmod.sh
and go to your
log user as root and password as the password you have created
then go to section called SQL and past what written in this link big thanks to Mr killer
now go to
/etc/table.xml
/var/www/curl_reg.phpand edit PasswdForMySQL by file zila with notpad++ after doing command called sudo apt-get proftpd or just do the following
cd /etc/
sudo nano table.xml
then edit it and put the password that you have created for mysql on your own server like you were using text file notpad
do ctrl + x to exit then press y then enter
then
cd /var/www/
then sudo nano curl_reg.php and edit the password again to the password you have created for mysql
go do the following commands
apt-get install -y unzip tomcat7
cd var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/
service tomcat7 stop
wget
unzip -o pwadmin1.5.1.zip
service tomcat7 start
then do cd /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/pwAdmin/WEB-INF
sudo nano .pwadminconf.jsp edit it and make sure from the following and ONLY CHANGE THESE
db name is pw , user is root and password is what you have created as well as db host must be localhost
if you want iweb you will get it from post #32 http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/pwadmin-151-a-991516/index3.html you will find it on your right
MAKE SURE that you have iweb and pwadmin all are at this directory /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ you will find iweb folder into webapps of jakarta
and you can visit them through for pw admin and
if you don't know how to get the ipaddress just type ifconfig and at second line of eth0 there is something called inet addr: THIS YOUR IPADDRESS OF SERVER
now do
sudo apt-get update
sudo service tomcat7
now do the following
cd /home/
./server start
now go download any pw client version 1.5.1 any can be used
go to patcher/server
and you will find text called server list
just change it like that
for example
from
[Server]
[PVP] something 29000:ipaddress
to
[what.you.like]
[for.pvp.or.pve.anything] 29000:your server's ipaddress that you got by ifconfig command that you wrote
now go to client and activate it
if you face problem with something called server update is too low just go download that http://forum.ragezone.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144139&d=1393785494
to fix location of map i got solution from sora but it seem it doesnt work for the rest of characters and here is it
just copy that to new text and past it in then save as anything.sh and make sure it doesnt end up as txt again rofl
cd /home/gamed
for map in gs01 is62 #Add each map you want to start
do
echo "Loading $map"
sleep 3
./gs $map > /home/logs/$map.log &
done
i hope i helped you all in this post thanks and sorry for long annoying post lol

just wanted to say if you ever want to use winscp or file zilla to connect to your server you have to use
sudo apt-get install proftpd
and if you can connect to server but you can't upload that is because the directory has ownership and he is MR ROOT
to steal his ownership you must type this
chown -v yourusername directory name for example lets say my user name is gawabonga ROFL and we want ownership of directory like /home/
you will just type it like that
chown -v gawabonga /home/
the ownership will change from root to gawabonga
remember you needed to do that because you logged with username in file zilla not as root
and if you want to notpad++ to edit something just change persmissions first by filezilla click right then choose permission and set it to 775 which will give u the ability to edit or remove or download or upload for this file you wrote persmission
still facing hardcore situation with this ? okay then just type chmod 775 directory name or file name
cd / command used to enter directory but from server codding which looks like you enter folder in any windows
thanks and sorry again for spamming

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i just read first 16 pages and i feel pity for ragezone that they are having alot of people to help
i understand the headache XD hahahahaha so please just do your best as you kept doing
i really understand how much ragezone members like sora and others are tired to teach the rest but all what i can say that may encourage you up that what you do is the right thing to do and don't worry what you teach to people will be taught and other will teach others it is all about question of time that everyone start having knowledge about ubuntu and the best part for me i started it step by step
from creating a single website to create a game server
still i am having issues and i am newbie but i managed to get website and online server game to work

i will just post as little guide and i hope my post can be used in soon future i will just put an explanation to help rage zone
here we go :
you must have version ubuntu-12.04.3-server-amd64 iso image insert it into a new server and HIGHLY SURE that you make ram over 750 or more
i have seen pwadmin service how much ram it can take and i sat the value of ram to let it work as 750 or so
create a new server and you can learn that on any youtube video or look at this site
make sure you don't select any servers with space while installation is on for tomcat7 openssh and such
You must after starting your server to install them through command lines
you must install the follow to get any webserver to work or just do like that
we need to create root account
sudo passwd root
put the password you have installed
then we need to switch to root to have all permissions as administrator like u were running pc software as Administrator by clicking right
so u will type the following after that
su
then put your own password
then you will become root YAY we are super men as root that how we can own the whole permissions
now type the following
sudo apt-get update
now to install apache2 , php5 , mysql and phpmyadmin
sudo apt-get install apache2 mysql-server php5 php5-mysql php5-cli php5-imagick php5-gd php5-mcrypt php5-curl phpmyadmin
remember to put always the password that you have created and the user name :root if u ever been asked for it* mysql is the database like your own castle and phpmyadmin is the remote control to access it or edit bases of it or create new databases and apache2 as well as php5 are needed for creating websites and let websites work very well *
after this type
sudo apt-get install tomcat7
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
then
sudo service tomcat7 restart
now do cd /
wget "http://srv.joslian.com/PerfectWorld/PWServerFiles/PWServerFiles1.5.1v101.tar.gz"
tar xvzf PWServerFiles1.5.1v101.tar.gz
then
do cd /home
sudo chmod 775 -R /home
./chmod.sh
and go to your
log user as root and password as the password you have created
then go to section called SQL and past what written in this link big thanks to Mr killer
now go to
/etc/table.xml
/var/www/curl_reg.phpand edit PasswdForMySQL by file zila with notpad++ after doing command called sudo apt-get proftpd or just do the following
cd /etc/
sudo nano table.xml
then edit it and put the password that you have created for mysql on your own server like you were using text file notpad
do ctrl + x to exit then press y then enter
then
cd /var/www/
then sudo nano curl_reg.php and edit the password again to the password you have created for mysql
go do the following commands
apt-get install -y unzip tomcat7
cd var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/
service tomcat7 stop
wget
unzip -o pwadmin1.5.1.zip
service tomcat7 start
then do cd /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/pwAdmin/WEB-INF
sudo nano .pwadminconf.jsp edit it and make sure from the following and ONLY CHANGE THESE
db name is pw , user is root and password is what you have created as well as db host must be localhost
if you want iweb you will get it from post #32 http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/pwadmin-151-a-991516/index3.html you will find it on your right
MAKE SURE that you have iweb and pwadmin all are at this directory /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ you will find iweb folder into webapps of jakarta
and you can visit them through for pw admin and
if you don't know how to get the ipaddress just type ifconfig and at second line of eth0 there is something called inet addr: THIS YOUR IPADDRESS OF SERVER
now do
sudo apt-get update
sudo service tomcat7
now do the following
cd /home/
./server start
now go download any pw client version 1.5.1 any can be used
go to patcher/server
and you will find text called server list
just change it like that
for example
from
[Server]
[PVP] something 29000:ipaddress
to
[what.you.like]
[for.pvp.or.pve.anything] 29000:your server's ipaddress that you got by ifconfig command that you wrote
now go to client and activate it
if you face problem with something called server update is too low just go download that http://forum.ragezone.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144139&d=1393785494
to fix location of map i got solution from sora but it seem it doesnt work for the rest of characters and here is it
just copy that to new text and past it in then save as anything.sh and make sure it doesnt end up as txt again rofl
cd /home/gamed
do
echo "Loading $map"
sleep 3
done
i hope i helped you all in this post thanks and sorry for long annoying post lol

just wanted to say if you ever want to use winscp or file zilla to connect to your server you have to use
sudo apt-get install proftpd
and if you can connect to server but you can't upload that is because the directory has ownership and he is MR ROOT
to steal his ownership you must type this
chown -v yourusername directory name for example lets say my user name is gawabonga ROFL and we want ownership of directory like /home/
you will just type it like that
chown -v gawabonga /home/
the ownership will change from root to gawabonga
remember you needed to do that because you logged with username in file zilla not as root
and if you want to notpad++ to edit something just change persmissions first by filezilla click right then choose permission and set it to 775 which will give u the ability to edit or remove or download or upload for this file you wrote persmission
still facing hardcore situation with this ? okay then just type chmod 775 directory name or file name
cd / command used to enter directory but from server codding which looks like you enter folder in any windows
thanks and sorry again for spamming

ok, I installed all really full! I even put iweb is pwAdmin but still two problems! its me but "Could not log in to server" when I want to log into the game, after the creation of the character! then pwAdmin tabs server control, nothing appears, so I can not know what the world is open, if the worlds are close! characters then I can not go there either! pwAdmin is connect to the database, I can put my GM ect .. but I just it's two problem ..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
cd /home/gamed
do
echo "Loading $map"
sleep 3
done
copy that to text and save it as anything.sh , upload it using filezilla or wincp to directory called / then run the following command
./anything.sh
yea it looks like installer you start it with this command which we call it script that what will solve problem for *couldn't log in to server*
for pwAdmin sorry i can't help you with it because server configuration and server control you will need to log into pwAdmin to log into pwAdmin i have mention that you must use password that you have sat on .pwadminconfig.jsp for short the password you put there just put it into empty bar of login
and make sure iweb in the same folder with pwadmin in directory called /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps just in folder called webapps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
cd /home/gamed
do
echo "Loading $map"
sleep 3
done
copy that to text and save it as anything.sh , upload it using filezilla or wincp to directory called / then run the following command
./anything.sh
yea it looks like installer you start it with this command which we call it script that what will solve problem for *couldn't log in to server*
for pwAdmin sorry i can't help you with it because server configuration and server control you will need to log into pwAdmin to log into pwAdmin i have mention that you must use password that you have sat on .pwadminconfig.jsp for short the password you put there just put it into empty bar of login
and make sure iweb in the same folder with pwadmin in directory called /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps just in folder called webapps

add me skype pls > Maxxou62800

I'm just asking for help just run my server! then he asked me to pay lol! seriously ...

j83aL19 - PW Server Files 1.5.1 v101 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back