Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RealmPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems RealmPT changed owner, the account is no longer protected.

Prob fake but still Interesting lol...

Domain name: realmpt.com
Domain name: realmpt.net

Registrant Contact:
NC
Jan Slaap ()

Fax:
Melkweg 35
Amsterdam, ZH 5291KZ
NL

Administrative Contact:
NC
Jan Slaap (janslaap@hotmail.com)
+48.125389233
Fax: +1.5555555555
Melkweg 35
Amsterdam, ZH 5291KZ
NL

Technical Contact:
NC
Jan Slaap (janslaap@hotmail.com)
+48.125389233
Fax: +1.5555555555
Melkweg 35
Amsterdam, ZH 5291KZ
NL

Name Servers:
ns1.realmpt.net
ns2.realmpt.net

Creation date: 13 Oct 2009 13:39:59
Expiration date: 13 Oct 2012 13:39:59

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm, it seems like a good fake to me.

It was suggested to me before that Sandurr was from Amsterdam. He certainly seems to work from IPs in the Netherlands a lot.

The English translation of the name (BTW) is John Sleep. ;) Sounds a bit "John Doe" to me. Also, hotmail is a fantastic place to dump disappearing mail. :thumbup:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
RealmPT site online :eek:
see:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If this going to make you feel better than find line:
Code:
<font style="color: red;">Offline</font>
and change it to:
Code:
<font style="color: green;">Online</font>

s70aP - RealmPT - RaGEZONE Forums

But who knows maybe rPT is going back.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha. I love that Chrome feature. Helps me constantly with web development.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
im starting to guess this will be the chance of another scam like the last one when forum was back, ppl ask to donate in order to help sandurr "buy" the license, then all gone xD i feel sry for the ones that helped him already xDDD

E

EatCake

Clearly you just made this "EatCake" account to complain.

DO NOT talk that way in the PT forum.

If you act like a kid, you will be treated as such.

And don't register new accounts to complain. Your IP address is connected to your main account you know. I'd rather not infract users who actually go to our section -_-

-- DarkKnightH20

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol, he asked that? :blink:
No, he didn't..

And FYI, recent donations were refunded - Although, it was contrary to the TOS of RealmPT.

Removed flame bait message. Quit it. - DarkKnightH20

Last edited by a moderator:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
lol, he asked that? :blink:

i didnt say that, i said ppl started many threats saying that, saying things like "i cant donate but there is alot ppl who can so plz help him if u can" or something like that

Reaction score
Guys, seriously, stop the bitching.

You remind me of Gossip Girl, not that I have ever seen that show...
*cough*

You know Sandurr views these forums and helps out now and again.
If he hasn't made a post/reply about this matter you know it is for a very good reason.

Just sit back and relax. Wait for the official word.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
maybe their're gonna get some U$ from it lol
There was talk (last time) about him "buying a license" but I don't think it came from Sandurr, and I really don't think anyone who is over 16 believed a word of it. :lol:

Anyway, if rPT are "in talks" (looking to settle out of court) with Suba, I would suggest to both parties that a reasonable solution may be for Suba to "buy rPT out", similar to Microsoft with System Internals. (I presume they didn't like Mark Rasanovich releasing the source code to such powerful tools which enable users to hack each others Windows PCs very easily... but are also excellent tools for system administrators.

The same sort of setup would apply. Suba could benefit from taking Sandurr (and maybe other rPT staff) on to their payroll. But due to the license Suba have signed with Yedang, they could never take full advantage of his talents, and ePT players would never get rPT features. (just in case anyone was thinking that would be what would happen and it would be rainbows for breakfast, pigs in the clouds and fairies to tuck you up at night... no, not happening)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
this threat still open, no official response was made, so dont get why ppl cant keep sharing their oppinnions here?
no one was laying and we dont protect the rpt or any other private server's reputation here, doesnt matter if they help or not.
rpt keep putting back the site from time to time saying almost nothin

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[...] Suba could benefit from taking Sandurr (and maybe other rPT staff) on to their payroll. But due to the license Suba have signed with Yedang, they could never take full advantage of his talents, and ePT players would never get rPT features. (just in case anyone was thinking that would be what would happen and it would be rainbows for breakfast, pigs in the clouds and fairies to tuck you up at night... no, not happening)

Yes, why would you hire mechanics if your company is forbidden to do repairs. Subagames claims that they don't have soure smells like BS to me. They can't even fix "open sourced" .asp/.aspx pages for clan? They can't edit .ini files to enable/disable events at will? Question is, they can't or they don't know how to?

Story about Sandurr getting hired by Subagames is as realistic as story about Linus Torvalds finding Linux source code in trash of M$ corporation :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOL, I would be very surprised if Microsoft don't study Linux source. They certainly incorporate, modify and adapt considerable amounts of code from BSD.

Also, source code can be sold with a closed license preventing you from modifying it. That was what was originally protesting when he founded the Free Software Foundation, and part of why he protests that Open Source software is not necessarily free software.

No, I doubt they would really want to take Sandurr on, but it may prove cheaper for them in the long run.

He could help with their server security, against cheats, with items and maps. If they owned his source, they could be in a better position to request YD incorporate that source. (even though they aren't allowed to do so them self) He could probably implement a "proxy" to achieve much without modifying YDs' server. Some rPT players may be less hostile to Suba if they incorporated the rPT team. (I still love SysInternals, even though it isn't as free under MS as it was) Crucially, they would not only have hurt this competition, they will have domesticated it.

Conversely, Sandurr may well prefer to be a pet dog than hunted down and shot like a rabid one.

It would still be quite a sad thing to see for the rest of us. rPT fans in particular. :(: So I'm not promoting this idea as being a "good" outcome... just something they may consider.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is another option he can take, release all his files, and say big FU to sub games.
There would be millions of PT servers and they wont be able to stop it.

Same thing happen to World of Warcraft/Aion/Silkroad... Blizzard dose not even bother anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back