Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial

Reaction score
I’m trying to run the VMware version, I can create the account, the code was sent in db, the account also appears in db, run . bat and in the game client and opens normally, I put the user and password, when clicking login appears = [Waiting] and does not continue, the screen continues on login trying to connect, but the ip of . bat is the same ip as Launcher, so I don’t know why it doesn’t work.

Files used:
Client (with English patch) (Updated 05/16/2023): Mega Link
Preconfigured VMWare Server VM (Updated 05/27/2023): Mega Link

* launcher config.ini
[Info]
LoginURL=
Service=usa

* !!!Start usa.bat
start RustyHearts.exe server=

Have you opened the gateserver login?

4. Switch to GameGatewayServer_Release_x64.exe console.

5. Press the following keys on your keyboard:
Code:
u o l

This will open the gate server login

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this!

I'm looking at extracting the models/animations, using your PCK extraction tool which dumps the character files. I'm trying to figure out how to open up the files, Using 3D Converter gets me into some of the .mgm files but none of the other ones work. Been digging around on old forums to find a solution but figured I'd ask since it seems like you probably did some work on that.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this!

I'm looking at extracting the models/animations, using your PCK extraction tool which dumps the character files. I'm trying to figure out how to open up the files, Using 3D Converter gets me into some of the .mgm files but none of the other ones work. Been digging around on old forums to find a solution but figured I'd ask since it seems like you probably did some work on that.
yeah, unfortunately all rusty hearts file formats are proprietary and there are no tools for most of the files, for models there is only 3D Object Converter that support some mgm files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah, unfortunately all rusty hearts file formats are proprietary and there are no tools for most of the files, for models there is only 3D Object Converter that support some mgm files.
Unfortunate, that's basically where I got to anyway.

I've been trying to get the server up and running but so far I'm stuck on getting "Password Invalid" in the launcher, I followed your video through, api is running, servers are running. Modified the db entries and all that jazz. Any idea what it would be?

Reaction score
Unfortunate, that's basically where I got to anyway.

I've been trying to get the server up and running but so far I'm stuck on getting "Password Invalid" in the launcher, I followed your video through, api is running, servers are running. Modified the db entries and all that jazz. Any idea what it would be?
Have you registred a new account using the launcher? try using the change password on launcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you registred a new account using the launcher? try using the change password on launcher
That was it haha

I'm getting a number of issues now, the game boots but trying to log in results in a failed login (incorrect password) which eventually kicks me out of the game. I try to reset the password, it works fine but when I try to login to the client again it is now giving me "Invalid username format."

username: Koirai

Is it the capitalization?

Reaction score
That was it haha

I'm getting a number of issues now, the game boots but trying to log in results in a failed login (incorrect password) which eventually kicks me out of the game. I try to reset the password, it works fine but when I try to login to the client again it is now giving me "Invalid username format."
What username are you using? The username need to be only letters, if it have any other character will cause issues, i fixed it in later versions of the laucher and api, download the lastest version from github.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What username are you using? The username need to be only letters, if it have any other character will cause issues, i fixed it in later versions of the laucher and api, download the lastest version from github.
Yeah sorry, I looked at the api code and it requires lowercase letters. Problems are fixed!

God, it feels so nice to play this game again after so long, thanks for posting this!

Reaction score
Yeah sorry, I looked at the api code and it requires lowercase letters. Problems are fixed!

God, it feels so nice to play this game again after so long, thanks for posting this!
Yeah, forget to mention lowercase.

Have fun, a repack will be released very Soon™ with a lot of changes, improvements and fixes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, forget to mention lowercase.

Have fun, a repack will be released very Soon™ with a lot of changes, improvements and fixes.
Good to know. I'm interested in how you go about making changes to the game.

Right now I'm just doing some work to try and containerize what I can to make deployment a bit easier. My deployment is running the DB in an MSSQL docker image instead of using the install, which is nicer if you don't want to install a bunch of dependencies on your PC. The API can be run in a docker image as well, that much is easy.

I also see that when starting the servers they are all running in separate processes, is this proprietary code or was this done by the Reborn team? If so, do you have access to the source code?

Reaction score
Good to know. I'm interested in how you go about making changes to the game.

Right now I'm just doing some work to try and containerize what I can to make deployment a bit easier. My deployment is running the DB in an MSSQL docker image instead of using the install, which is nicer if you don't want to install a bunch of dependencies on your PC. The API can be run in a docker image as well, that much is easy.

I also see that when starting the servers they are all running in separate processes, is this proprietary code or was this done by the Reborn team? If so, do you have access to the source code?
Docker works very well for MSSQL and node.

Yeah, it have 1 process for each server, these are official servers binary files, unfortunately no source code for anything, just some debug symbols for old server versions are avaliable.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Docker works very well for MSSQL and node.

Yeah, it have 1 process for each server, these are official servers binary files, unfortunately no source code for anything, just some debug symbols for old server versions are avaliable.
Oh? That's interesting, I wonder how people got their hands on those.

There might be a way to run it with a Windows-based container. But at that point it would be a fairly bulky container.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all,
It may not be obvious but JuniorDark has now made available a new repack of Rusty Hearts. Please find the repack linked in the first post of this thread, 2nd line in the description.

Cheers

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I made an account for some reason when I try to login the game it just says that the username and password is invalid. I'm not really sure why since I can login into the launcher just fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I made an account for some reason when I try to login the game it just says that the username and password is invalid. I'm not really sure why since I can login into the launcher just fine.
the launcher accepts both email and username but the game only accepts username format. Or, it could be something more technical.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
the launcher accepts both email and username but the game only accepts username format. Or, it could be something more technical.
Unfortunately seems to be something more technical, I log in with username for both.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately seems to be something more technical, I log in with username for both.
Hmm, maybe check RH Server Manager service config/service control, ensure that Auth API is set as:
You can submit the logs from C:\RH\RustyHearts-API\logs\ and any screen shots of your RH server manager config.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe check RH Server Manager service config/service control, ensure that Auth API is set as:
You can submit the logs from C:\RH\RustyHearts-API\logs\ and any screen shots of your RH server manager config.
Ah, I got it working it totally wasn't someone I know who's a lot more knowledgeable about computers than me. When I was setting it up I ended up skipping basically the entirety of setting up the server manually in the video since I thought using the server manager would take care of everything lol, so I didn't set up ports or any of that good stuff. I'm not very good with computers at all and I have no idea what anything does with running the server so I don't even know if that was actually the issue or not but it probably was? I was having a weird IP issue the whole time too so probably that too.

How would I go about adding Bonus Cash and expanding character slots? Bonus Cash doesn't show up after buying stuff with Zen.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a question..
I can connect to the server just fine from the host pc (API says: gateway + auth successful)
But when people try connect from outside, they can only login at the launcher.. (API says: gateway successful - But Auth never shows up)
When they try to connect from the client itself.. the connection times out.
Creating accounts and logging in through the launcher itself works just fine for them.

Tried opening all ports it doesn't change anything.
Feel like im missing a public IP address somewhere for people to be able to connect through the 2nd stage of login (the client part, before click any button)
Can anyone help with which files/ports are related to this specific part so i know what to focus on? or better yet, have a solution to fix this?

Back