Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Tera on java last client rev

Blade & Soul Eldoria Developer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
C:\Users\***\Desktop\tera-jenova\src\TeraLogin\bin>java -cp ./lib/*;TeraLogin.j
ar com.angelis.tera.login.MainLogin
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/angelis/tera/comm
on/utils/PrintUtils
at com.angelis.tera.login.MainLogin.main(MainLogin.java:14)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.angelis.tera.common.utils.Print
Utils
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 1 more

i think there mistake on the bat

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well done. still many packets it does not understand but a great start.

using latest tera-eu client i managed to get into the game:
- after fixing several small bugs
- adding a server in db manually (id=1, ip=127.0.0.1, port=7811, name=ServerName, open=true, rest set to 0) <- not sure about correctness of all values yet but it worked so far.

configuration:
- set correct path to your tera-eu folder in: launcher\conf\tera.launcher.file.properties

updated sources:
post problems with that repository only to its github issue tracker only. not in this forum.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/angelis/tera/comm
on/utils/PrintUtils
at com.angelis.tera.login.MainLogin.main(MainLogin.java:14)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.angelis.tera.common.utils.Print
Utils
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 1 more

i think there mistake on the bat

seems that something went wrong when making the jar packages. it cannot find com/angelis/tera/comm
on/utils/PrintUtils.class in the lib/TeraCommon-1.0.0.jar

u need to either build the jar correctly or run MainLogin.class from the correct folder which has lib/TeraCommon-1.0.0.jar or com/angelis/tera/comm
on/utils/PrintUtils.class

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can not start the launcher x)
NoClassDefFound -> com / angelis / tera / common / services / AbstractService

Yet I TeraCommon knowledgeable in my pom.
And I have imported the package in ConfigService

com.angelis.tera.common.services.AbstractService package;

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i see u r starting the wrong bat file i think. after building with maven is successful u should start from the TeraBuilder\bin folder:
[pre]
src\TeraBuilder\bin\game\start.bat
src\TeraBuilder\bin\login\start.bat
src\TeraBuilder\bin\launcher\start.bat
[/pre]

i postet howto build and run at
post problems with that repository only to its github issue tracker only. not in this forum.

howto build:

download and install java jdk 8
download and install maven
add java bin folder to path
add maven bin folder to path
run TeraBuilder\build.bat from within TeraBuilder

needed binaries are copied to TeraBuilder\bin

howto run (first time):

download and install latest tera-eu
download and install java jre 8
download and install mysql or any other database (not needed if you plan to use sqlite whitch is slow!)

set correct path to your tera-eu folder in launcher\conf\tera.launcher.file.properties
create the database if necessary (mysql -uroot <enter> create database tera; <enter>)
set databse connection url in game\conf\hibernate.cfg.xml (by default mysql)
run TeraBuilder\bin\game\start.bat (automatically creates database schema if it does not exist)
manually add a server to database table tera.servers (id=1, ip=127.0.0.1, port=7811, name=ServerName, rest set to 0)
run TeraBuilder\bin\login\start.bat
run TeraBuilder\bin\launcher\start.bat

by default non existing logins are created automatically.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there is no login.bat there is only start.bat in TeraLogin\ and TeraBuilder\login\
everything runs fine.
u can run the bat in a manually opened console window so you can see why it suddenly closes. probably some exception for u.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, when I run start.bat of LoginServer.
No error ....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well witch one do u run? the one in in TeraLogin\ or in TeraBuilder\login\ ?
the one in TeraLogin does not work because it is just stored there to be copied when building source.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The one in TeraBuilder\bin\login

He told me that everything is running.
He also told me that the server started in 0 seconds.
But the window closes at the end.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I run the cmd, no problem.
But suddenly, the server is not started.

Windows 7
64 BITS
Jdk1.8.0_25

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I commented code MainLogin.java: At launch, the window closes.
I tried compiled with jdk8_20

I compile with Eclipse

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
git is much better at branching makes working way easier. i wonder why u dont use git though. if u intend to accept changes by other it would be much easier to merge with git from other repositories. svns central design is kinda bad for distributed projects.

also i wanted to make my changes to the source available. using github that is very easy.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've tryed github 2 times. I've got lot of trouble with it. I got some trouble with svn too but i can easily repair something on svn that i can't on git.
BTW you can create patch with svn. It's not that hard to merde with my repo.

If you are going to add some new features on your repo i will ask you to create another thread for bug reporting.
Thanks.

Angelis.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are going to add some new features on your repo i will ask you to create another thread for bug reporting.
there r not any major difference right now. but of course i added a notice to make it clear to ppl. here im trying to help with your svn repo.

for mine i prefer there is the github issue tracker. btw your googlecode issue tracker has 1 issue added by someone.

what problem did u have with git? i have not come accross anything that was not fixable. im using tortoisegit as frontend. the vanilla gui is barely ok.

ps:
im working on a parsed packet viewer inspired by 010 editor (although way less advanced scripting). i saw u started a simpler packet viewer too. mine uses a json markup language to parse packets and show them in a javafx tree table view. maybe it is some use to you. i copied names from your packets out of rev 61 and deep parsed 2 packets, like you do, so far for testing purposes, with more to come (see tera.bpml.json). it is still in alpha stage though.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im working on a parsed packet viewer inspired by 010 editor (although way less advanced scripting). i saw u started a simpler packet viewer too. mine uses a json markup language to parse packets and show them in a javafx tree table view. maybe it is some use to you. i copied names from your packets out of rev 61 and deep parsed 2 packets, like you do, so far for testing purposes, with more to come (see tera.bpml.json). it is still in alpha stage though.

I think to realise full pve world of tera take is too much time. How u think about first realise pvp content?
I think it much easy. Ofcourse need all skills id, and aslo need make they mechnic.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think to realise full pve world of tera take is too much time. How u think about first realise pvp content?
I think it much easy. Ofcourse need all skills id, and aslo need make they mechnic.

the communication between server/client (packets) has to be understood well enough for anything to happen. this is tedious work when u dont have a documentation of it. having a nice tool to look at packets and find errors helps very much especially when packets change with later versions.

pvp = mechanic + skills + items + armors + weapons + party? ... not as little as it seems :)

Back