Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RZ] Forum theme like the front page.

Reaction score
Mucski - [RZ] Forum theme like the front page. - RaGEZONE Forums

Changed colors , and added a preview thread page.

Latest Updates

Last edited:
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Would you like the original psd for the home page to work with?
That way you can get the content to match properly.

I like the idea and I am abit ashamed I did not even think about it.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
indeed thats awesome. should do a collaboration.

Reaction score
is not hard dude to make front different , because u need to make 2 vbskins , 1 for front and 1 for forums ....
when u are on front page auto select FONT SKIN , and when u click on some forums etc.... atuo select FORUMS SKIN !!!!
i made some skins like that for vb ....

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
KIDDRIU TO THE RESCUE

Last edited:
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ruined it. The colours don't match now.

Interesting,
I would have to disagree as the colour codes and the images are from the current home page them self.
So it would be impossible that the colours dont match ^,^.

Any thing else?

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
I prefer the original. The sky blue on the white background doesn't go too well as the colours harmonize too much, if you really insist on using bright backgrounds then use colours that compliment e.g. black for the text names of the section (or a darker shade of blue). I'd hardly call it a rescue effort.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I prefer the original. The sky blue on the white background doesn't go too well as the colours harmonize too much, if you really insist on using bright backgrounds then use colours that compliment e.g. black for the text names of the section (or a darker shade of blue). I'd hardly call it a rescue effort.

It is suppose to represent the main home page. Like the main home page the content is surrounded by white [there are grey borders on the front page but they not touch the UI the same as mine]. Unlike Mucski mine is fluid with the front page where as Mucski why a good idea does not match the rest of the front page past the grey navigation. The main front page content area is white with dark grey font and blue highlights. And why the idea is very solid for Mucski it does not change if you remove the navigation and the arrow icons then it does not continue with the theme.

Also below ive just used a different blue found on the template that has more contrast and changed the contrast of the grey for the name text to 888888. This should fix your issue with the the text on names.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well , anyways , thanks for the feedback , and since you guys liked it I will work on it more later , and will try to code it , if not I will request a skilled coder from around here.

Just gotta know what exactly you don't like on it. Can change the "yellow" gradient but it will still be something pleasant to the eye , like the current background of this forum. Which is a yellowish grey , bright.

In fact I am perfectly okay for everyone to contribute and make it nice and appealing for everyone.

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@KiddRiu - Why are you working on someone elses work without his permission?

On Topic - The threaded version looks really good, well done.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why the initial idea to have it look like the front page is good it seems you have failed to implement it properly. It also seems people are randomly saying they like it not based on the quality of the work but based on who is posting. This can be proven easily if we look at previous attempts by other artists to create a forum skin for ragezone.

Your design in no way reflects the current front page other than the use of the header. The forum content area has no fluid consistency with the front page and looks like a completely separate design rather than a forum skin based on the front page. Removing the header or placing your design next to the front page clearly shows this.

Next is the use of shadow around the content area. Again we go back to the consistency between your design and the front page. The content areas in the main front page fail to have any form of drop shadow where as your version has an easy to see and strong 2-4px shadow around the whole content.

Overall,
Your design fails to be consistent with the front page as was your initial idea. Using the current theme we have now but replaced the header and navigation to look like the current front page would look better and be closer to the front page also.

Reaction score
Why the initial idea to have it look like the front page is good it seems you have failed to implement it properly. It also seems people are randomly saying they like it not based on the quality of the work but based on who is posting. This can be proven easily if we look at previous attempts by other artists to create a forum skin for ragezone.

With that you are actually saying that my work is crap , in short. I don't see why yours would be better , but sure , whatever floats your boat.

And the template is still under constructions , changes can be made , I didn't start coding yet. That's why I made this thread , so people can tell me what to do and what not to do.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Forum Theme Like The Front Page,
This is what you have called this tread meaning the idea is to create a theme that is consistent and looks like the front page. If the theme you have created does not match the front page then you have failed to do what you have said. If I was creating a theme for the front page based on the current forum skin I would not then go make a theme a dark theme that has no real matching aspects other than the header.

If you believe I am saying your work is crap that is your own opinion not my words. Also I in no part of my post linked my work to yours in regard to reference of quality. I have gave you CnC based on the template and what you said you was attempting to achieve. Also you have said you made this thread to so you could listen to people on what to do and not do. All I have stated is the lack of consistency with the front page and explained why.

Overall,
You just seem to be splitting hairs because I have said it does not match. Your design and the front page design do not look the same except for the navigation meaning you have not created a theme LIKE THE FRONT PAGE as you posted. There for your design failed to meet your own estimate.

Back