Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting Up a Palworld (New Pokemon Open World MMO) Server on Windows/Linux Welcome 2024!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Questions...
It have any connection with palworld oficial sites?
I mean, can we play offline without internet in local mode?

I cant believe palworld release binaries server and client files. o_O

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, should work without the first one.. dunno if you have to enter anything else on windows. I normally don’t mess around with steam server setups.
Well, I gotta wait for the next update and see how it goes because I still have doubts as the server files, steamcmd are in one folder but my game is from Steam so I don't know how the server files can be updated to the latest version of the game unless that steamcmd is the one that will find the latest update from the steam itself then everything will makes sense for meo_O

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I gotta wait for the next update and see how it goes because I still have doubts as the server files, steamcmd are in one folder but my game is from Steam so I don't know how the server files can be updated to the latest version of the game unless that steamcmd is the one that will find the latest update from the steam itself then everything will makes sense for meo_O
If you bought the game you can download dedicated Server tool just from Steam , and it will update it and then you can launch the server from .exe in the folder of it, and can still play the game while server is running

Reaction score
Just rerun the steam cmd to update. Data is safe. I've had a private one running for a few friends for almost two weeks now. There is a performance issue though, stagnated cpu usage so ive hard locked the amount of processing power to mitigate. Scheduled daily reboots help too.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just rerun the steam cmd to update. Data is safe. I've had a private one running for a few friends for almost two weeks now. There is a performance issue though, stagnated cpu usage so ive hard locked the amount of processing power to mitigate. Scheduled daily reboots help too.
Thanks for the info. By the way, do you mind helping me check in multiplayer level 15 technology there should be a "view cage" but for some reason I don't see it. Just wondering if this is only available for single player only or just not in multiplayer

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. By the way, do you mind helping me check in multiplayer level 15 technology there should be a "view cage" but for some reason I don't see it. Just wondering if this is only available for single player only or just not in multiplayer
It is all one the same and likely in a higher level tier.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what if we use vps , what is the minimum spec ?
still 32 gb or we can use lower spec to minimize cost ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what if we use vps , what is the minimum spec ?
still 32 gb or we can use lower spec to minimize cost ?
using a VPS with 6 cores /16gig ram, just a couple of friends, but it seems to be running well. Just make sure to setup some scripts to restart the Pal server periodically for more stability ( I do it every 8 hours). aside from that I also have it automatically creating backups of the server data in case any sort of data corruption issues.

I am currently creating a flask web app to make it a bit easier to modify server INIs, it's very early stage, but I have most of the base structure done, it will be dockerized so it will be an easy 1, 2,3 to setup. Next I have to implement some commands so you can start, stop or restart the servers through the web app.

ofc I will release this for free to the pal community, it's been a pretty fun game to play and would be nice to make things a bit simpler to modify and run stuff for the owners.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update:

OK! I've done some basic testing and setups.

At this time, the application isn't setup to run with docker yet! but it will in the near future.
I've created the repo, it's still in it's early stages, but you may test it if you'd like to.

It currently runs on ubuntu and tested on wsl, flask app must be ran on the same environment as the Palworld application.

You may find some typos or minor issues in the app, feel free to report them and I will try to correct them when possible.

I'm still grasping python and flask properly, so the app may not be as optimized as it could be and may find beginner mistakes. Including a lot of commented code I left behind while testing things out.

old:

slow progress but it's almost done (was busy with other stuff)

server status:
-Online/Offline status
-Start, Restart, Stop

hardware status:
-CPU, RAM, Disk Usage

other:
Mobile responsive
Database: sqlite
*used for configuration path, no need to change path on the code ( for PalWorldSettings )
*user authentication system

future plans:
backup and restore of pal server

If you'd like to see other stuff added into it, just hit me up
This project will be released free of charge, it's a learning experience for me as I freshen up on Python and Flask.

1709726406563 - Setting Up a Palworld (New Pokemon Open World MMO) Server on Windows/Linux Welcome 2024! - RaGEZONE Forums
1709726811897 - Setting Up a Palworld (New Pokemon Open World MMO) Server on Windows/Linux Welcome 2024! - RaGEZONE Forums
1709726467009 - Setting Up a Palworld (New Pokemon Open World MMO) Server on Windows/Linux Welcome 2024! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back