Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Some advice for my USA road trip

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, you may see quite a few homeless (or not homeless) people that are just batshit crazy. They'll either ask you for money, for help in general, or they'll just start a random conversation with you that you have no idea what is about. As rude or "heartless" as it may sound, just completely ignore these people.

You may think it to be a social stigma to offer them help and be all nice and courteous, but 90% of the time that person is a drugged up unstable house of diseases and it's best to just get away as soon as possible.

Also you may be interested in checking this out;

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, you may see quite a few homeless (or not homeless) people that are just batshit crazy. They'll either ask you for money, for help in general, or they'll just start a random conversation with you that you have no idea what is about. As rude or "heartless" as it may sound, just completely ignore these people. You may think it to be a social stigma to offer them help and be all nice and courteous, but 90% of the time that person is a drugged up unstable house of diseases and it's best to just get away as soon as possible.

Also you may be interested in checking this out;

During the time I was at LA, I saw alot of homeless people like this. I didn't give any of them money, because i didn't have anything on me. They started insulting me and stuff. Better to ignore them and get away.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
We have some organized begging here, same people in more or less the same spots every day. I'd love to help but I know I can't and I hear they don't even get to keep the money for themselves. Learned to completely ignore them by now. Except that recently several of them have been given instruments to play and now they not only look bad on the sidewalk but invade my ears with some of the worst "music" and skills I've ever heard.

Reaction score
Virgin Mobile? lulz.... I'd advise you to not waist your money as they have no coverage in most of the country.
If you want something reliable then pick up a cheap AT&T or Verizon pay as you go phone. I think they come with 250 mins and unlimited texting for $25 or $50 for unlimited mins and texts. That way you'll at least get coverage.

Now if you need data... Well data is expensive here. I guess your best option would be Boost Mobile. They offer unlimited data, voice and text for android phones at $55/month. IIRC they run off of the Sprint/Nextel network and their coverage is 3rd in the country. No where near as good as Verizon or AT&T but vastly better then Virgin mobile and T Mobile. That might be your best option, especially if you already have an Android that you can swap out sim cards with.

By the way, take a trip up to Boston, MA and say hi! XD

NoPeace - out

Reaction score
Virgin Mobile? lulz.... I'd advise you to not waist your money as they have no coverage in most of the country.
If you want something reliable then pick up a cheap AT&T or Verizon pay as you go phone. I think they come with 250 mins and unlimited texting for $25 or $50 for unlimited mins and texts. That way you'll at least get coverage.

Now if you need data... Well data is expensive here. I guess your best option would be Boost Mobile. They offer unlimited data, voice and text for android phones at $55/month. IIRC they run off of the Sprint/Nextel network and their coverage is 3rd in the country. No where near as good as Verizon or AT&T but vastly better then Virgin mobile and T Mobile. That might be your best option, especially if you already have an Android that you can swap out sim cards with.

By the way, take a trip up to Boston, MA and say hi! XD

NoPeace - out

Virgin and boost both use Sprint's network, so I'm not sure why you're hating on virgin and giving props to boost. They use the exact same network.

Sprint's coverage is great. I'm on contract with Sprint and I never have service loss even out in the country. The data connections can be spotty but voice/sms service is just as good as at&t/verizon.

Anyway... If you want to see if your phone works here then you just need to check the network it uses. GSM, CMDA, etc, will tell you who you need to go with when you get here. If your phone isn't compatible (some bands aren't offered in the US) then you have no choice but purchasing a compatible prepaid phone. They can range at Walmart anywhere between $20 and $100 but don't expect anything amazing.

Back