Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

the flashing item katana

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You create your image sequence of what ever you want to have.
Either through pre rendering/baking or through photoshop if its just a color change or glow etc.
Then you rename the first frame txa <frame count> <frame duration> <filename00>
And assign that to your mesh/model, thats it.
Now, you dont want to reload/cycle the whole texture so its advised to seperate the animated mesh part into a seperate object and give it its own texture.
Ill also say that you shouldnt go over 20-30 frames, it could lead to frame drops on weaker pc's, i didnt do tests on that.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok but why it only change 2 colors and whole sword flashing as i only need some parts of it flashing ?? (switching colors)

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because you didnt name your files properly / your image sequence isnt complete/correctly named.
Also, like i said, you want to create a seperate texture and apply it to the appropiate polys, easiest way is just seperate the mesh by texture into multiple objects.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think this works that way in game when the effects are set to low.

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think this works that way in game when the effects are set to low.
Wrong, texture animations are always rendered, unless you change your source around for it to stop rendering texture animations on low effect quality settings.
Effect quality changes the "amount" and if effect animations are to be rendered.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok but why it only change 2 colors and whole sword flashing as i only need some parts of it flashing ?? (switching colors)

Well, when you apply the texture to the object in 3ds Max, you choose the bmp.dds no?
Save that image first to only .bmp, chose it in Material Editor into 3ds Max, save the obj and then delete .bmp file and keep the original bmp.dds and try. It seems there are problems with extension file name/os.
:) :wink:

Back