Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tip] a little about MySQL Database

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
clogging your mysql database is a big no no especially if your server is quite big =[
take out skill maxer (until later on) and 20 items starter packages.

people go on your server, get skill maxed and then leave (at least for most people since thats why you can see like 20,000 accounts/characters created but only 200 online at once)
50+ queries executed and then what? 50 queries times 500 ppl a day = too much crap in your database.

same with 20 item starter packages.
they get the items from sera then leave.

meaning.....
skills and inventoryitems/inventoryequipment tables gets clogged up with useless rows which affects your server load.

just a little tip i wanted to share =o
i may be wrong about this but i don't know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It doesnt really increase your server load that much >.>. Its like downloading a 1 kb txt file on a 1 TB hard drive. Your server load will go up if you have to go to the skills or items table but bleh? I had a million rows in items in my server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Starter packages are for nubby servers with nothing to offer. But, good information.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yeah and as long as u schedule mantainences every few days it wont be much of a problem

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
another thing to add:

the things with

Online Users:
Accounts:
Characters:
Banned Users:

etc etc etc..
lags your website because of the sql queries, and adds up load to your server.

Back