Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Importing ELU.ANI Files

Reaction score
I was messing around with Blender a bit, And I found out a Way to Import Elu.Ani Files I also managed to see them in Action using the "Timeline", This Would have been a real breakthrough , You would be able to Make New animations, But Sadly just like every other thing in life, It's not that Easy, Since Phantom's Script won't Export elu.ani files, Because It doesn't have a Mesh or something like that, But Since this is New I'm sure someone will come up with a way to Export them, And When he does it'll Change GunZ History as we know it.

But enough Dreaming let's get to Work, This is pretty easy and I'm sure some Developers knows how to do it but kept it to themselves.

Step #1:

Import a Set, I've imported "woman-parts02.elu"(Mainly because it has a Real hair and Face.)

Step #2:

Delete The Set pieces Leaving it "Naked" so that Only the "Armature" is left, Like so:

RevolutioN - [Tutorial] Importing ELU.ANI Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Step #3:

Import an elu.ani file, I've Imported "woman_blade_charge.elu.ani" And right when you're done importing you will See that the Armature have Changed, It'll look like the animation of the File you have opend, Like this:

That's it, You have Imported an "elu.ani" file, Now in order to see The animation moves, Do this:

Step #1: Click on the "Displays Current Window Type" Button, If you can't find it It's this Button:

Step #2:

Now choose "Timeline" , Left click on the "Armature" To highlight it if it isn't allready, Then Click the "Play" Button and you will See the Animation.

That's it, Not exactly useful but If someone figures out How to Export it then He'll "make history" , Good luck and I hope this will Bring GunZ to another Level, all thanks to Phantom for his Amazing Script. :love:

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Obvious thread is obvious.

=P (knew all before, but hey, someone prolly didnt)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Import = Ez

Make this for export and I'll adore you ^^

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actualy Phantom himself, more or less, showed how to import ...

You dont have to select the Armature, the timeline plays everything regardless if selected or not.

Phantoms Import Script isnt Finished.
Well, the Elu part is almost finished, the script still doesnt recognizes vertices/collects the vertices assigned to a vertex group.
If you Import certain Animations you gett some realy fucked off animation.
Because the Import Script didnt imported the Animation Information correctly.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Import = Ez

Make this for export and I'll adore you ^^

There is no elu.ani exporter :3.
Tbh, I'm glad there isn't an animation exporter. It would just cause more harm than good, mostly because you can manipulate the speed of the animations, then use them on GunZ. Like tbf'ing easily using the 2004 beta animations.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tbh, I'm glad there isn't an animation exporter. It would just cause more harm than good, mostly because you can manipulate the speed of the animations, then use them on GunZ. Like tbf'ing easily using the 2004 beta animations.

Not even that, but if it is released, i can see amongst other things, people creating idiotic/ non logical things in gunz... practically creating a different game.

Not saying that creating your own animations is a bad thing, but i just can imagine what horny teenage boys who have no job and a lot of time would do to the game, its already raped to bits by their dumb models T.T.

In short, an ANI exporter just really wouldnt be a good idea for public release (but private hmmm)...

Reaction score
Not even that, but if it is released, i can see amongst other things, people creating idiotic/ non logical things in gunz... practically creating a different game.

Not saying that creating your own animations is a bad thing, but i just can imagine what horny teenage boys who have no job and a lot of time would do to the game, its already raped to bits by their dumb models T.T.

In short, an ANI exporter just really wouldnt be a good idea for public release (but private hmmm)...

lOl I agree, I think i have an idea On how to Export, If it'll work then i'm retarded for not thinking it first.

Will Update this Thread If anything's big happends.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
you can't export cause there isn't an exporter for ani, except if u made one

Reaction score
you can't export cause there isn't an exporter for ani, except if u made one

What if somehow you can Manipulate it so it'll export the elu.ani, I have a few ideas, If they'll fail then That's it baiscly, The idea of Being able to make your animations kinda sounds freaky since it'll ruin the game.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
elu and ani are probably totally different, you cant tweak the elu exporter to export ani. you'll either have to learn python or wait for someone else to make it.

#1 RULE IN ANIS FOR GOONZ : FOR QUEST NPCS ONLY LOL

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What if somehow you can Manipulate it so it'll export the elu.ani, I have a few ideas, If they'll fail then That's it baiscly, The idea of Being able to make your animations kinda sounds freaky since it'll ruin the game.
Elu is a Mesh File (Which is why it Phantoms Script can only Export Mesh) while Ani only contains the positions of the vertex groups along with the speed and the duration.

And i agree about the Animations only for Quests ...
Altough there is one thing that also needs Animations, Maps.
I could make the Proest Map ever using Models and Animations .__.

Back