• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

WZ [Tutorial] Map.wz Editing - Adding in New Tiles

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Was actually planning on making a huge Map.wz Editting - Tips and Tricks thread, but like I said, it be too big ><

Before we start please note that I am using HaRepacker v 3.5 for this tutorial.
Download link can be found

I prepared 2 Tile images for this Guide. Make sure the Tiles that you want to add are in .png format!

chukiba - [Tutorial] Map.wz Editing - Adding in New Tiles - RaGEZONE Forums

How to add in New Tiles to your Map.wz​

Step1.:

Open your Map.wz in HaRepacker ~

Step2.:

Locate the 'Tile Category' and open it. Highlight any .img and click on CopyPasta - Copy.

Then proceed to highlight the Tile Category, and click on CopyPasta - Paste.

Step3.:

Highlight the .img you pasted, navigate your way to 'Property', and click on
'Change Property'.

You must then change the name of the .img
It can be anything you want, as long as you have the .img after it.

Step4.:

Double click on your .img, in my case it would be SoulDZ.img.
You'll now see a bunch of random Canvas properties. These are the different kinds of tiles. Since I only made 2, I'll only be modifying 2 properties.
The tiles I made, were 'bsc' and 'enH0', so I'll be modifying the canvas pngs to the appropriate new tile picture I want them to be.

Click the little ' + ' next to 'bsc' and highlight the 0 property. Then click on 'Change Property' once again and simply change the Image by clicking on 'Browse PNG' button and finding your Tile.

You will not have to edit the Origins for the 'bsc' property.
You will have to edit the Origins for the 'enH0' property. This is so when you use HaCreator or MapEditor, the foothold anchors are already placed for you. It's more efficient this way :)

You can do this by clicking the little ' + ' sign next to Foothold, and highlighting one Vector property. Then click on the 'Change Property' button.

You can play around with the origins of the foothold anchors. It won't take long since tiles are relatively small!

You can now save your Map.wz. The next time you open HaCreator or MapEditor, you'll have a brand new set of tiles!
( Open your Map.wz again and make sure your .img name is changed just to make sure )

Don't forget to Dump your .img and place it in your server wz folders!

Have fun Mapling! ~ :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
duck i dont know how to PM. -.-'' im kinda new here, and wanted to learn how to Wz edit. i really like what you did with the HP,MP,EXP bar and kinda the whole look at your server, could you tell how you did that ? :)
and what version do you use v75, 85 ? or over ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
go to your Inbox and press "Send new message" then enter who you want to send it to, a title, and the message. You edit the UI.wz (User Interface) to get your buttons and bars changed. And It was before v93, which is before big bang came and the UI changed. Probably v75 or v83, the two popular versions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks slickness, but i have a question i tried to edit a map we the HaCreator, and when i trie dto save it it said it couldnt find a folder in the nexon folder, so i made the folder and it saved, but when i replace it with the real map.wz nothing is happening. the map is like the same old one and ´not the edited one, do you know why ?

and i dont know where i can find my inbox. sorry im noob to ragezone xD

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hmm. Can you provide a image of the error when it says "couldnt find a folder in the nexon folder"? and the inbox is located in the button named "Private messages" on the top of the page under the "forum" button. Or you can just use this link. http://forum.ragezone.com/private.php

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i made the folder and i didnt take a screen but it said something about.
couldnt find (C):/Nexon/Maplestory/EdittedWZ
than i made the folder and it saved, than i did remove the old map and did put in the ''new'' map, but nothing happend stayed the same.
i editted map 1 v83. (or i tried to edit)

and the link kinda dosent work. and i cant find anything about messages only the notification. up there but nothing else o.o

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Did you reopen the "new" map.wz to confirm that the map was what you changed it to?

You can also press "Notifications" and it'll show "Inbox"
or

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you reopen the "new" map.wz to confirm that the map was what you changed it to?

You can also press "Notifications" and it'll show "Inbox"
or

yea but i downloaded the v1.7 creater and that works perfect i can save as XML file, with the new HaSuite the creator looks nice but you cant save the file as XML. but thanks for the help with the Message think. and the v 3.5 repacker when i scan it, with AVG it say theres a trojan/virus.
shal i just ignore that ?

Last edited:
Back