Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

uberEmu [C#, R49, MySQL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Meth0d - uberEmu [C#, R49, MySQL] - RaGEZONE Forums

-- The emulator is a work in progress, and currently no release or release date is available. Please do not ask any questions regarding this, as I am unable to answer them.

-- The test hotel, , will be opening it's doors on the 13th of March.

uberEmulator
uberEmulator is an advanced, free, and lightweight Habbo Hotel emulator, currently developed by for the general public. Designed with ease, functionality, performance, and reliability in mind, it should be able to accommodate your every need in terms of retro emulation. It is written in C# .NET, and uses MySQL as storage method.

System Requirements
The system requirements are hard to determine, as they vary depending on the amount of users that will be using the server. In general Uber will run on any Windows machine, but keep the following in mind:

Support for the .NET framework and the .NET MySQL driver is required. The server cannot operate without! This generally means that only Windows installations are supported. Alternate solutions such as WINE or Mono may be possible, but this has not been tested and is not recommended.

Recommended system specs are at least a Pentium 4 processor, and at least 1 GB of RAM.

History and progress
uberEmu is actually a quite lengthy project, originating from June 2009. I am primarily doing this to advance my knowledge of C#. Since the beginning of the project I found myself to be dissatisfied with my work a lot, often resulting in a complete rewrite of the emulator. This has delayed everything quite a bit, but being the perfectionist that I am, I simply do not like releasing unfinished or unreliable work. I don't want my name nor Uber associated with any of that! No worries though, for the end user this only means high quality.

Frequently asked questions and useful information

Q: Is Uber free?
A: Yes. Uber is provided free of charge, although it is possible to donate. This will contribute to development.

Q: When will Uber be released?
A: No release date is known.

Q: When will uberHotel/the test hotel open?
A: On the 13th of March 2010, at 11 AM GMT. You will be informed via Twitter, the site, and this thread with more details on that day.

Q: Does the opening of the test hotel mean Uber will be released soon?
A: This completely unknown at this point.

Q: How can I donate?
A: You can make a donation via PayPal. You can make a donation directly to meth0d@meth0d.org, or use the donate button on .

Q: How will donations be used?
A: They will primarily be used to cover costs that pop up such as hosting. Other than that, they'll motivate the developer to continue working. :wink:

Q: Is the source code available?
A: No. We have decided not to make the source code publicly available. Only obfuscated executables will be made public. It is not for sale either.

Q: What is the server based on?
A: The server was written from scratch, ie. nothing.

Q: So can we customize the server, and if so, how?
A: A plugin system will very likely be made available in the server, which will allow you to create custom additions to the server without needing the source code.

Q: What about a CMS (Content Management System) or other website system?
A: An free and open-source website system will be made available, which will cover all basic functionality required for Uber. It will, however, not contain extended CMS functionality. It is only a barebone which you can expand upon yourself.

Q: Will PHPRetro, etc. be supported?
A: It is quite likely that support for PHPRetro will be added shortly after the release of Uber, or any other major CMS. If it is not supported by it's developers, I will provide modifications or hacks for the CMS systems myself, should this be needed.

Q: What Habbo version(s) will Uber support?
A: I am trying to keep Uber updated with Habbo's most recent versions. At the time of writing, that is R46. Other versions will not be tested for compatibility, although it is very likely older versions will not be supported.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: uberEmu & uberCMS [C#, R31, MySQL]

Yay its meth0d!!
Good luck on this, si it based off holo?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

omg the game thing works yay :p

RaGEZONE VETERAN
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It looks excellent. Not being a nag, but if you haven't seen the Ion C# connection system then I suggest you take a look and maybe use it, if you are having doubts with your current connection handling, of course.

I will be following your development closely. Need any help with anything atall, such as basic C#, then get in contact with me. Regards.

AWA

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

This looks awesome!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Like it, nice server anyways goodluck!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Will it be compatible with the HoloWeb also.XD.Hopefully somehow it is because no offense to Hebbo and all but I think yours will be better.Also more Stable.

We'll see.

Also will battleball work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Awesome! I hope this will work on Holoweb.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Welcome back on Ragezone!

Good Job!!

- Mark

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hehe, got sick of Buttsecks (meth0d.org rofl) well this looks nice, kinda surprised me, sounds good tho, whatever you do with source, good luck :]

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

nice your back hope your boredom goes away now xD

Old Habbo Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nice development, Meth0d, hopefully this continues and succeed!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Wow! Newest Thread And Already Posts ! WOW!

Nice Work Meth0d ~ :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Great job Meth0d, hope you succeed, and I don't think you should make it open-source. As much as I'm a supporter of open-source, this community is not mature enough to handle open code. Maybe only give the code to trusted coders?

Also, I don't think you should waste time on the CMS, when I'm done with PHPRetro, I'll port it over to uberEmu.

To all retro coders: Just a suggestion, I think you should just stick to the latest Shockwave version (v31-33), so it can be 100% perfect before moving on to coding the beta.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Great job Meth0d, hope you succeed, and I don't think you should make it open-source. As much as I'm a supporter of open-source, this community is not mature enough to handle open code. Maybe only give the code to trusted coders?

Also, I don't think you should waste time on the CMS, when I'm done with PHPRetro, I'll port it over to uberEmu.

To all retro coders: Just a suggestion, I think you should just stick to the latest Shockwave version (v31-33), so it can be 100% perfect before moving on to coding the beta.

I agree I also support Open Source but you know these rippers now a days.They come switch the Server name and claim its theirs.You should give the Source to Coders or Trusted people on Ragezone.

As long as theirs a CMS that works with Uber It will be cool.Yes, the coders should stayy on R33 or well R31-R33 before going on to the Beta.Having a new Emulator is fun but having it unstable is useless so think about that before starting the Beta.

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Sweet, never expected you to come back. ;P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey nice.
Hoping it'll come together real soon ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.