Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Video Guide] How to make v17 w/v18 features server (max98 files)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hmm i wanna know how can i edit my server also how can I update it from v17 to 18

Trust your senses
Reaction score
you need the source to update ,

The source is not the answer to everything. That person is not advanced enough to code the new v18 features in the source so I think he is referring to the new weapons and monsters, for that you need resource edits and rips from kFlyff client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant seem to login... "login details are incorrect" used user: zackx and pass: serustest and yet i still cant login :(

any help thanks :D

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I cant seem to login... "login details are incorrect" used user: zackx and pass: serustest and yet i still cant login :(

any help thanks :D

Try typing in "test" as your password.. "serus" is known as the salt and isn't part of the actual password when you go to use it in-game.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
hmm nope still not working :s

Ofcourse it doesnt works. Because the salt is 'kikugalanet' watch one of mine tutorials on how to make account! At youtube. Search only for: 3StepsHD flyff tutorials.
The server files on how to make server at my channel is use 'kikugalanet' as SALT.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys! I'm having the same problem like him. But i made all server configurations following the video 3StepsHD and "no errors appears". I fixed all thing that will appearing, but i'm getting that error. "login detail..." Im doing kukagalanet+pass at md5 page, copying and pasting the code in sqlsv 2005 manag.. but im thinking its not "saving" the user name and password that i'm creating. I found just 1 user in database, but this acc already came with the downloaded files.

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hi guys! I'm having the same problem like him. But i made all server configurations following the video 3StepsHD and "no errors appears". I fixed all thing that will appearing, but i'm getting that error. "login detail..." Im doing kukagalanet+pass at md5 page, copying and pasting the code in sqlsv 2005 manag.. but im thinking its not "saving" the user name and password that i'm creating. I found just 1 user in database, but this acc already came with the downloaded files.

Go to your database create a account. With 'kikugalanet' salt. And it should work..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Go to your database create a account. With 'kikugalanet' salt. And it should work..

I made exactly as the video splain at ... but sqlsv is not saving the accounts. I'm Sure i've followed all steps correctly. Im trying right now to update sql driver for php and use a .php to connect database and create an account. If i get success or some error i will post here. Maybe others ppl can do same thing i did. :)

lol i'm unlucky for this day... after updating sql driver i've received an error msg in "register.php". Cannot connect to the MSSQL server. I've made some changes;

1 - Used ip address; localhost / 127.0.0.1 / 192.168.254.14 / ANDRE\SQLEXPRESS

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I made exactly as the video splain at ... but sqlsv is not saving the accounts. I'm Sure i've followed all steps correctly. Im trying right now to update sql driver for php and use a .php to connect database and create an account. If i get success or some error i will post here. Maybe others ppl can do same thing i did. :)

lol i'm unlucky for this day... after updating sql driver i've received an error msg in "register.php". Cannot connect to the MSSQL server. I've made some changes;

1 - Used ip address; localhost / 127.0.0.1 / 192.168.254.14 / ANDRE\SQLEXPRESS

Try to edit your register page to look like this:
<!-- Start Register -->

<?php

#############################
##Copyright (c) TheJacob#####
##All Rights Reserved########
##thejacobpollack@gmail.com##

##Configuration##
$mssql_server = "NAME-PC\SQLEXPRESS"; //MSSQL server name or IP
$mssql_username = "sa"; //MSSQL username
$mssql_password = "password"; //MSSQL password
$mssql_account_db = "ACCOUNT_DBF"; //MSSQL account database name
$mssql_character_01_db = "CHARACTER_01_DBF"; //MSSQL character database name
$mssql_account_table = "account_tbl"; //MSSQL account table name
$mssql_username_column = "account"; //MSSQL username column in account table
$mssql_password_column = "password"; //MSSQL password column in account table
$hash = "kikugalanet"; //Hash code
$random_text_text = "e=mc2"; //Random text they must enter to register

##MSSQL Connect Function##
function mssql_connect_ini($mssql_server,$mssql_username,$mssql_password) {
$mssql_connect = mssql_connect($mssql_server, $mssql_username, $mssql_password) or die ("<strong>Cannot connect to the MSSQL server.</strong>");
if ((strlen($mssql_server) == 0) || (strlen($mssql_username) == 0) || (strlen($mssql_password) == 0)) {
echo "<strong>The connection configuration settings are invalid. Please make sure you've entered them in correctly.</strong>";
}
}

##MSSQL Account Database Select Function##
function mssql_account_ini($mssql_account_db) {
$mssql_select_db = mssql_select_db($mssql_account_db) or die ("<strong>Cannot select the Account database.</strong>");
if (strlen($mssql_account_db) == 0) {
echo "<strong>The account database configuration setting is invalid. Please make sure you've entered it correctly.</strong>";
}
}

##MSSQL Core Functionality##
mssql_connect_ini($mssql_server,$mssql_username,$mssql_password);
mssql_account_ini($mssql_account_db);

$pusername = @$_POST['username']; //Post wsername
$ppassword = @$_POST['password']; //Post password
$prpassword = @$_POST['rpassword']; //Post re-enter password
$random_text = @$_POST['random_text']; //Random text

if (isset($_POST['submit']) == true) {
$username = preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9\-\_\!\$\#\@\^\&\*\(\)\^\+\ \.\?]/", "", $pusername);
$password = preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9\-\_\!\$\#\@\^\&\*\(\)\^\+\ \.\?]/", "", $ppassword);

if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and (strlen($pusername) < 3) || (strlen($pusername) > 15)) {
echo "Your username must be between 3 and 15 characters in length.";
}

else if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and ((strlen($ppassword) < 3) || (strlen($ppassword) > 15) || (strlen($prpassword) < 3) || (strlen($prpassword) > 15))) {
echo "The password must be between 3 and 15 characters in length.";
}

else if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and ($ppassword != $prpassword)) {
echo "The passwords must be the same.";
}

else if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and (($pusername == $ppassword) || ($pusername == $prpassword))) {
echo "The username and password cannot be the same.";
}

else if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and ($random_text != $random_text_text)) {
echo "The random text must be filled in correctly. Please take another look at the random text.";
}

else if (mssql_num_rows(mssql_query("SELECT * FROM $mssql_account_table WHERE $mssql_username_column = '$username'")) == '0') {
$stmt = mssql_init('createaccount');
mssql_bind($stmt, '@account', $username, SQLVARCHAR, false, false, 15);
mssql_bind($stmt, '@password', md5($hash . $password), SQLVARCHAR, false, false, 36);
mssql_execute($stmt) or die ("<strong>Error occurred while executing the statement.</strong>");
mssql_free_statement($stmt);
echo "You've been successfully registered as <strong>" . $username . "</strong>!";
} else {
echo "The username already exists.";
}
}

?>

<br>
<center>
<form method ="post" action="#">
<table>

<tr>
<td><strong>Username</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="username" type="username"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Password</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="password" type="password"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Re-enter Password</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="rpassword" type="password"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Please enter "<?php echo $random_text_text ?>" without the brackets below</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="random_text" type="text"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="submit" type="submit" value="Register"></td>
</tr>

</table>
</form>
</center>

<!-- End Regiser -->

If this didn't work you need to make mssql to work with php. You can find it here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/get-wamp-work-mssql-673301/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try to edit your register page to look like this:
<!-- Start Register -->

<?php

##Copyright (c) TheJacob#####
##All Rights Reserved########
##thejacobpollack@gmail.com##

##Configuration##
$mssql_server = "NAME-PC\SQLEXPRESS"; //MSSQL server name or IP
$mssql_username = "sa"; //MSSQL username
$mssql_password = "password"; //MSSQL password
$mssql_account_db = "ACCOUNT_DBF"; //MSSQL account database name
$mssql_character_01_db = "CHARACTER_01_DBF"; //MSSQL character database name
$mssql_account_table = "account_tbl"; //MSSQL account table name
$mssql_username_column = "account"; //MSSQL username column in account table
$mssql_password_column = "password"; //MSSQL password column in account table
$hash = "kikugalanet"; //Hash code
$random_text_text = "e=mc2"; //Random text they must enter to register

##MSSQL Connect Function##
function mssql_connect_ini($mssql_server,$mssql_username,$mssql_password) {
$mssql_connect = mssql_connect($mssql_server, $mssql_username, $mssql_password) or die ("<strong>Cannot connect to the MSSQL server.</strong>");
if ((strlen($mssql_server) == 0) || (strlen($mssql_username) == 0) || (strlen($mssql_password) == 0)) {
echo "<strong>The connection configuration settings are invalid. Please make sure you've entered them in correctly.</strong>";
}
}

##MSSQL Account Database Select Function##
function mssql_account_ini($mssql_account_db) {
$mssql_select_db = mssql_select_db($mssql_account_db) or die ("<strong>Cannot select the Account database.</strong>");
if (strlen($mssql_account_db) == 0) {
echo "<strong>The account database configuration setting is invalid. Please make sure you've entered it correctly.</strong>";
}
}

##MSSQL Core Functionality##
mssql_connect_ini($mssql_server,$mssql_username,$mssql_password);
mssql_account_ini($mssql_account_db);

$pusername = @$_POST['username']; //Post wsername
$ppassword = @$_POST['password']; //Post password
$prpassword = @$_POST['rpassword']; //Post re-enter password
$random_text = @$_POST['random_text']; //Random text

if (isset($_POST['submit']) == true) {
$username = preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9\-\_\!\$\#\@\^\&\*\(\)\^\+\ \.\?]/", "", $pusername);
$password = preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9\-\_\!\$\#\@\^\&\*\(\)\^\+\ \.\?]/", "", $ppassword);

if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and (strlen($pusername) < 3) || (strlen($pusername) > 15)) {
echo "Your username must be between 3 and 15 characters in length.";
}

else if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and ((strlen($ppassword) < 3) || (strlen($ppassword) > 15) || (strlen($prpassword) < 3) || (strlen($prpassword) > 15))) {
echo "The password must be between 3 and 15 characters in length.";
}

else if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and ($ppassword != $prpassword)) {
echo "The passwords must be the same.";
}

else if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and (($pusername == $ppassword) || ($pusername == $prpassword))) {
echo "The username and password cannot be the same.";
}

else if ((isset($_POST['submit']) == true) and ($random_text != $random_text_text)) {
echo "The random text must be filled in correctly. Please take another look at the random text.";
}

else if (mssql_num_rows(mssql_query("SELECT * FROM $mssql_account_table WHERE $mssql_username_column = '$username'")) == '0') {
$stmt = mssql_init('createaccount');
mssql_bind($stmt, '@account', $username, SQLVARCHAR, false, false, 15);
mssql_bind($stmt, '@password', md5($hash . $password), SQLVARCHAR, false, false, 36);
mssql_execute($stmt) or die ("<strong>Error occurred while executing the statement.</strong>");
mssql_free_statement($stmt);
echo "You've been successfully registered as <strong>" . $username . "</strong>!";
} else {
echo "The username already exists.";
}
}

?>

<br>
<center>
<form method ="post" action="#">
<table>

<tr>
<td><strong>Username</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="username" type="username"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Password</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="password" type="password"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Re-enter Password</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="rpassword" type="password"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Please enter "<?php echo $random_text_text ?>" without the brackets below</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="random_text" type="text"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input name="submit" type="submit" value="Register"></td>
</tr>

</table>
</form>
</center>

<!-- End Regiser -->

If this didn't work you need to make mssql to work with php. You can find it here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/get-wamp-work-mssql-673301/

Finallllly !!!! Thanks so much for this. The server is running fine now. I updated ntwdblib.dll in php folder and made some changes in php.ini.

But in character screen im gettting "cannot connect to the game, plz check your network". Well im not sure if the falt is my laptop (the server is running on an Acer 5315 intel 2.13 1gb ddr2 ... OK OK i know, im so far away for a recommended computer for running flyff servers. But its the best i have for the moment and of couse, i will not put it online right now). I have another computer, then i will test if i can login from it. Trust me the other comp is worst i have lol. If i cant connect i will find the answer here before create a new post or topic for that. :) ty

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why cant i see the skill effects??

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When trying to download the files from Uploading.com, I get this:

Maximum File Size Limit
Sorry, but file you are trying to download is larger then allowed for free download.

(and yes, I'm registered with free account there)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
why cant i see the skill effects??

Maybe It's because of your Client dude. Try to check if your client is compatible with this server files.

When trying to download the files from Uploading.com, I get this:

Maximum File Size Limit
Sorry, but file you are trying to download is larger then allowed for free download.

(and yes, I'm registered with free account there)

It's just a basic problem. Try do download it without logging in to your Uploading Account. Everyone seems to download it normally except you :blush:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can someone helm me i cant cant connect to the world stuck in char selection

cannot connect to the game pls check the network plss help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I've managed to set up the server on WinXP-SP3 and everything runs fine, client works ok.

Now, my problem is on another pc with Windows 7 x64. I made the same set up but 3.CoreServer won't run, I load it and 1 sec. later it shuts down. No error log. Tried to run it as administrator already.

As I said, I've managed to succesfully set up the server under WinXP, so all my INIs are ok, sql server is ok also. THe only problem is CoreServer shutting down upon loading, and no log file left.
Could it be some incompatibility problem with Win7 x64?

Edit:
Ok, I'll check ODBC again (repplied here so I dont make another post just to repply this)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi, I've managed to set up the server on WinXP-SP3 and everything runs fine, client works ok.

Now, my problem is on another pc with Windows 7 x64. I made the same set up but 3.CoreServer won't run, I load it and 1 sec. later it shuts down. No error log. Tried to run it as administrator already.

As I said, I've managed to succesfully set up the server under WinXP, so all my INIs are ok, sql server is ok also. THe only problem is CoreServer shutting down upon loading, and no log file left.
Could it be some incompatibility problem with Win7 x64?

I used Window 7 x64 same with yours and there's no problem ,how about your ODBC?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just checked, ODBC are fine. As I said, I have a working server already (on WinXP), my problem with CoreServer crashing is on Win7 only (diferent PC). And I can't trace it 'cause it leaves no Log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back