• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Web]Cype Content Management System

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Cype Content Management System

It had been quite some time since i get back to private server. Cype used to work perfectly for my. But when i try just now i just couldn't get to the installation page. when ever i key in 'http://localhost/' or '127.0.0.1/' i will end up with a blank page. Any one have any idea of how to solve it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Is it possible to install this on a host?
iv been trying to but it wont connect to the database.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I got the install page working and everything but when i get to Page 4 it says...
Edit: nvm, i decided to just install it using Wamp :)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Quick question:

Is it possible to have my Cype DB on my web server, and the Maple Story DB on my home desktop, but have both of them linked together? I can't host the Maple Story DB on my web server, because it doesn't allow too many querys at once.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Quick question:

Is it possible to have my Cype DB on my web server, and the Maple Story DB on my home desktop, but have both of them linked together? I can't host the Maple Story DB on my web server, because it doesn't allow too many querys at once.

It is possible, but it's complicated.
You'll need two DB connections.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Complicated is failure :{ Oh well... I love cyperss. Gj.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

It is possible, but it's complicated.
You'll need two DB connections.

Thanks for a little tip, I guess I'll start looking up tutorials just about.... now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Not hard at all
If I get your question so you want your CYPE db on ur webserver and ur MS DB on ur comp?
Then make ur ip in cype_properties or something to ur MS DB ip on your webserver and tada?

HOLY poop RAGEZONE LAGS SORRY FOR THE UHMM TRIPLE POST O.O

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

We were never meant to be.
Baby, we just happened.... :(

Now this guy is just spamming lyrics form a song T_T

ontopic: Amazing, got it working perfectly!!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Not hard at all
If I get your question so you want your CYPE db on ur webserver and ur MS DB on ur comp?
Then make ur ip in cype_properties or something to ur MS DB ip on your webserver and tada?

HOLY poop RAGEZONE LAGS SORRY FOR THE UHMM TRIPLE POST O.O

That is exactly what I'm trying to do! :):
But I just can't figure out a way to make it connect to two Databases. :(:

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Use an abstract MySQL handler so you can store the connections, load them when necessary and process. Simple as that, it requires minor changes to the Cype's script that requires no more than 5 minutes of work.

EDIT: I'm working on something new. Please report any items/eqs not showing up or correctly placed in AresWZ. Thanks.

Last edited:
:)
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Use an abstract MySQL handler so you can store the connections, load them when necessary and process. Simple as that, it requires minor changes to the Cype's script that requires no more than 5 minutes of work.

EDIT: I'm working on something new. Please report any items/eqs not showing up or correctly placed in AresWZ. Thanks.

You aren't caching images are you?

ιĐαrk?
Reaction score

So leave it behind because we have a night to get away. So come on and fly with me as we make our great escape. So baby don't worry. You are my only. You won't be lonely. Even if the sky is falling down.
I like that Song xD
Jay Sean Ft. Lil Wayne - Down

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Lol I wanted to be a bs and store the images on the db itself, but nahhh thats just going to fry the server :p

:)
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Lol I wanted to be a bs and store the images on the db itself, but nahhh thats just going to fry the server :p

So where are you going to store them? Are you even going to cache them?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Umm. Can someone give me a MediaFire or MegaUpload link to the newest release of this CMS?

Back