Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WebEngine - Could not connect to database (1)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings, RageZoners!

I am trying to set up the open source WebEngine CMS from webenginecms.org.
Currently, I am stuck with establishing the connection with my MSSQL server(using SQL Express)
scree - WebEngine - Could not connect to database (1) - RaGEZONE Forums

Here is what I've tried:
  • Used "localhost", "127.0.0.1" and "192.168.1.128"(my local network IP) as the host.
  • Changed the connection port to 3306(MySQL port) for TCP connections(changed for IPall)
  • Made sure that my MSSQL Server allows SQL Server authentication and Windows authentication
  • Changed "Log On As" to Local Service for my MSSQL Server(Network Service by default)
  • Of course, tried restarting the MSSQL Server
  • Made sure that the username and password is correct
Notes:
  • XAMPP version 8.2.4
  • Apache version 2.4.56
  • In the WebEngine Web Server Requirements page, PDO dblib(linux) and PDO sqlsrv(windows) are shown as not fixed but, supposedly, they are not necessary for ODBC PDO driver(I'm using Windows) - PDO odbc(linux/windows) shows as "Ok"
  • I have installed a MySql Server in Xampp(uses the 3306 port but I had shut it down and nothing changed)
  • My local network IP and MSSQL server was working properly when running Mu Online game server locally, and no changes were made to MSSQL server
  • Applied a fix in "includes\functions.php" - replaced every "count(" to "count((array)". This should not be relevant as I only cast the arguments as arrays because the expected type is "array|Countable". Anyway, without this fix, you can't run the installation on newer PHP versions(as I understand, in older versions this never occurred), as an error is thrown upon running the project.
That's basically it. I could not find or think of any other solutions that I could apply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, this is one of the many tutorials I've used for this connection problem. I also found a few tutorials in Spanish/Portuguese Mu Online forums(some of them were meant exactly for fixing this error) but no luck. :( The good thing is I've learned a few new words in other languages šŸ˜„

Upvote 0
Reaction score
i dont know cuz u using 192.168.1.128 and ODBC is bad, use SqlSrv if hosting on same host vps... also make sure u enabled 1433 ports tcp not 3306, and enable all sql named pipes,tcp/ip etc like here https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/help-mumaker-connection-problem.1167783/#post-8968128

still, u must make sure u put the right php .dll and all that like the tutorial or u wont be able to make it work, ofc restart apache afterwards too when changing or adding .dll + enable in php.ini file like the tutorial

Upvote 1
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried using SqlSrv instead of a ODBC connection. I made sure that the port 1433 has inbound and outbound rules that allow public connections. Everything was done according to the tutorials but still the same "Could not connect to database (1)" error.

Edit: in Xampp logs I found this error upon trying to establish the DB connection with WebEngine:
[access_compat:error] [pid 8860:tid 1844] [client ::1:11493] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: C:/xampp/htdocs/includes/config/webengine.json

I've changed the .htaccess files(Deny from All -> Allow from All) but still the same error and not able to connect to the server with WebEngine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I tried using SqlSrv instead of a ODBC connection. I made sure that the port 1433 has inbound and outbound rules that allow public connections. Everything was done according to the tutorials but still the same "Could not connect to database (1)" error.

Edit: in Xampp logs I found this error upon trying to establish the DB connection with WebEngine:
[access_compat:error] [pid 8860:tid 1844] [client ::1:11493] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: C:/xampp/htdocs/includes/config/webengine.json

I've changed the .htaccess files(Deny from All -> Allow from All) but still the same error and not able to connect to the server with WebEngine
maybe ScriptKid can give you an advice on that, cuz i dont setup web on same host since its not that secure, u can either invest 2-3$ a month on a webhost and connect it to your pc IP and see if that works, or keep trying to figure out whats not working fine, PS: when you isntalling SQL Server, there is a option where 'SQL Server Browser' is disabled, for website purposes i heard this must be changed to 'Automatic' or website wont work for some reason, maybe u wanna try that too (its on those steps where you add your sql password.

Upvote 0
Back