Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Webpage Charset

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to eliminate/remove or at least allow UTF-8 or UNICODE in Ranking page? To allow special characters especially in Ashram names?

Thanks in advance.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
HTML:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

Into <head></head>

PHP:
header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');

After of <?php

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
HTML:

Into <head></head>

PHP:

After of <?php

Hi John

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately I already have that coding in my header section. Somehow it will work if I try to change it to ISO-8859-1 but some bom (byte on mark - correct me if I am wrong) appearing in some pages.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi @John

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately I already have that coding in my header section. Somehow it will work if I try to change it to ISO-8859-1 but some bom (byte on mark - correct me if I am wrong) appearing in some pages.

You can change the charset for anything:

HTML:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />

Into <head></head>

PHP:
header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1');

After of <?php

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
You can change the charset for anything:

HTML:

Into <head></head>

PHP:

After of <?php

Yeah but it doesn't fully fix the problem mate since byte-order mark (bom) character is appearing in some pages. Do you know how to fix this?

Ciao!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Honestly I have no idea, seems the sql cannot interpret some ASCII codes.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Honestly I have no idea, seems the sql cannot interpret some ASCII codes.

I think its not SQL's fault and ISO-8859-1 is working fine with webzonegamerz webpages. The only thing left hanging in the page is the byte-order mark characters. I want to locate these characters and eliminate it in the webpages but in the actual file its not there. It will only appear once the page loads.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i believe it is in your computer browser... have you tried other computer with just a very basic installation, browser and fonts?

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
i believe it is in your computer browser... have you tried other computer with just a very basic installation, browser and fonts?

I already tried it in several computers sir but no luck and now what I am actually looking for a solution for is how to get rid of this byte-order mark characters in my webpage. Its is not present in my actual php files but when it goes to browsers (chrome, safar, ei, ff) this annoying character showing up.

Code:

Back