Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What's the point of the homepage anymore?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
One that can take proper criticism would be nice :eek:tt1:

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
What if instead of having just one or two people you expected to write articles, what if you accepted articles from anyone who would want to write them. You'd just need someone to review them and post them for you (kind of like an editor) or maybe even two people do that.

I'd volunteer for that job. Heck I'd write articles for you, but you said you wanted a commitment of one per week, and I just don't think I'm that interesting. (Maybe one a month).

Anyway then you could solicit articles instead of writers. For example, with Skyrim being fairly new you could ask specifically for some Skyrim articles, and maybe have an incentive for well-written articles.

Just a thought anyway.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What if instead of having just one or two people you expected to write articles, what if you accepted articles from anyone who would want to write them. You'd just need someone to review them and post them for you (kind of like an editor) or maybe even two people do that.

I'd volunteer for that job. Heck I'd write articles for you, but you said you wanted a commitment of one per week, and I just don't think I'm that interesting. (Maybe one a month).

Anyway then you could solicit articles instead of writers. For example, with Skyrim being fairly new you could ask specifically for some Skyrim articles, and maybe have an incentive for well-written articles.

Just a thought anyway.

Maybe even a subsection to MMORPG News where anyone can write articles, and have a small team of 2-3 people pick out the best ones, and put them on the homepage? Basically like you said, a team of editors, not writers. That way anyone can contribute.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Maybe even a subsection to MMORPG News where anyone can write articles, and have a small team of 2-3 people pick out the best ones, and put them on the homepage? Basically like you said, a team of editors, not writers. That way anyone can contribute.

Or...
Give Article Writers a section on the forums to post their articles.

Then on the homepage, Select the data from the tables necessary, I think it's "thread" and "post", and return them on the Homepage. Ofc, using a BB parser too.

I don't think the writers would want to leave the forums, go to /wp-admin/ on ragezone.com, and write articles there. Q_Q

Reaction score

Just a thought anyway.

129063236425439311.jpg

i think its a brilliant idea, than you just need someone or a team of like 3-4 members to revise the articles but expect trollers and spammers making random articles to fill the storage of the articles to be reviewed and accepted/denied

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Just a thought anyway.

I would be pretty happy to write about my Skyrim adventures, although, not exactly an article of such, but more of a blog I guess?

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lack of willing contributors basically.

I applied the same day you announced you were looking for Writers on Facebook and even asked you about it like a week after but you told me was New so I wasn't what you were looking for... I would have been more than willing to contribute is the funny part but I guess my Join Date is more important than my articulate Literature abilities and experiences.

Really though Dan, would you rather have someone who's been here for years and is illiterate and incoherent? Or would you rather have someone who's kind of new but has literate skills that are almost perfect; aswell as substantial Article Creation experience.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I applied the same day you announced you were looking for Writers on Facebook and even asked you about it like a week after but you told me was New so I wasn't what you were looking for... I would have been more than willing to contribute is the funny part but I guess my Join Date is more important than my articulate Literature abilities and experiences.

Really though Dan, would you rather have someone who's been here for years and is illiterate and incoherent? Or would you rather have someone who's kind of new but has literate skills that are almost perfect; aswell as substantial Article Creation experience.

The point is that you hadnt been around for long... He would rather someone that has been on the scene a bit, with a bit of a post count, than someone who he doesnt know.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The point is that you hadnt been around for long... He would rather someone that has been on the scene a bit, with a bit of a post count, than someone who he doesnt know.

Uh....

I've never seen (^^) and that other woman before on ragezone so...

I guess their experience with writing was why MentaL added them? Even then where are they now? Gone~ like the wind.

Decent activity
Decent writing skills/English
Decent fame

All we need from someone who wants to be a writer is you ask me.

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I really like Madison's suggestion.
I wouldn't mind taking on the role of flipping through articles and picking out the best one.

I think having a bunch of people do them, and rewarding those with good articles is the best idea. Keeps things going, and has less stress on the writer. They could stop whenever without the shame, and come back whenever they please.

It's up to the other person to decide which articles are worthy enough for the main website though. I love the idea.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have to say after going to uni, my writing skills have gone up.
And after writing 9k words in a dissertation, I dont have a problem with writing anymore xD

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I just don't see where the length of knowing someone proceeds in importance/requirement over more than capable literature and Article writing skills :mellow: Especially given the task at hand has everything to do with previously noted notions :ehh:

Reaction score
Many of us have said we would do it, but heard nothing back.
None of us mind doing it, it's just hiring them and TELLING them to do so.

But yea, if it isn't going to be updated regularly, what's the point.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
My idea got a lot of attention. xP

Also, I'm willing to write articles regularly. The whole point of trying to bring some attention to the topic was that it'd give me a better chance to be an article writer.

Back