Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Who Here Plays Airsoft Or Paintball?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand. I don't even know where my local airsoft is.

Thats exactly the same with me. I know where the best clay club is around here, and also rifle range and rifle clubs...

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Nearest airsoft site in Glasgow is 20-30 miles away :(: I'm a crack shot at paintball though!

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Paintball, although I own airsoft guns that I frequently use on my cousin on our ongoing family feud. (it isn't even that powerful)

Paintball is simply amazing :) it hurts but its so fun, running around and loosing your shoes in the big pools of boggy dirt.

Most painful experience was our last game of the 6 games you get were we ran out of ammo and we were hiding and running but they caught us and it was like an ambush, shoot about 10 times!

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it will be you best experience ever in paintball .. Most funny thing ever when I play the paintball is when my friend join the game for the first 5 min and she was been shot at the mouth .. She wears the mask but I don't know how the paintball enter her mouth.. haha

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Came back after a 4 hour game of airsoft (first time ever) lets just say getting shot on the neck or 4 feet away doesn't feel so good. -_-

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sad to say I've never been paintballing or, airsofting? Not sure if that would be the correct term or not, but 2 of my older cousins, my brother and I used to all have airsoft guns that shot little quarter inch plastic bb's and we would go up to the wood near my grandma's old apartment and have little shooting contests. It's a miracle we all still have 2 eyes lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've played paintball 3 months back. I can say it's awesome. The best is capture the flag. :)

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Sad to say I've never been paintballing or, airsofting? Not sure if that would be the correct term or not, but 2 of my older cousins, my brother and I used to all have airsoft guns that shot little quarter inch plastic bb's and we would go up to the wood near my grandma's old apartment and have little shooting contests. It's a miracle we all still have 2 eyes lol

I'd love to get myself a cheeky wee airsoft rifle to go into the woods by my house and set up a tin can shooting alley. UK law requires you to not be within 50m (or 50ft, don't remember) of public transport and the large woodland at my house is just perfect! But sadly you require a licence to legally own imitation firearms, and you need to be a member of an airsoft site and have visited 3 times within 3 months to be considered a member and granted a licence.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I figured we'd be more strict when it came to such matters, over here anyone under the age of 18 can not legally buy an airsoft gun, however anyone under the age of 18 (in other words anyone) can legally possess one as long as it has the orange tip on it. Supposedly if you remove that you can get in trouble but I've never tested to see lol I would say it'd be worth it for you to get a license to own one but not if you have to be a member of and visit some site repeatedly :p:

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Too much of a hassle to legally own an airsoft gun around here. I've played airsoft a couple times in Belgium, but I don't own any gear myself. Still a pretty fun game if you're with decent people.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Interesting, I figured we'd be more strict when it came to such matters, over here anyone under the age of 18 can not legally buy an airsoft gun, however anyone under the age of 18 (in other words anyone) can legally possess one as long as it has the orange tip on it. Supposedly if you remove that you can get in trouble but I've never tested to see lol I would say it'd be worth it for you to get a license to own one but not if you have to be a member of and visit some site repeatedly :p:

It's a British thing, gun law and imitation firearm laws got super-duper strict after the and after a wee boy was shot and killed about 10 years ago with an airsoft gun

Reaction score
Wow you guys have quite some restrictions :S.
The only weapons that are very restricted here in Sweden are firearms, those are pretty hard to get (you need a license etc).
But airsoft, paintball, etc. You just gotta be 18 and u can just buy em in a store or from the internet :).

It's a British thing, gun law and imitation firearm laws got super-duper strict after the and after a wee boy was shot and killed about 10 years ago with an airsoft gun

How did he manage to get killed by an airsoft gun? o_O

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I feel bad for you with all your strict regulations. We have some strict regulations also, but it's still quite easy to bring them over the border. The FPS has to be 366 - 500 for it to be considered an "Uncontrolled firearm" and thus them not being able to do anything about the airsoft. This is only if you're bringing an airsoft weapon that you've shipped to the U.S. back over into Canada (cause they're a hell of a lot cheaper to get from the U.S. especially online.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well it was an air rifle, the boy was 5 and was shot in the head. Don't remember the whole story, was about 10 years ago

You can still get air rifles, my uncle has one, I admit I'm not sure if you need a license but he probably doesn't.

Anyway for those wondering Air Rifles are used for killing pigeons mostly, they take metal pellets.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can still get air rifles, my uncle has one, I admit I'm not sure if you need a license but he probably doesn't.

Anyway for those wondering Air Rifles are used for killing pigeons mostly, they take metal pellets.

Yeah, my friend had an air rifle at around 15. I highly doubt air rifles can kill, unless you manage to shoot someone through the eye, but even then I think it would just be damage rather than death.

Saying that, isnt that the same for airsoft?

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my friend had an air rifle at around 15. I highly doubt air rifles can kill, unless you manage to shoot someone through the eye, but even then I think it would just be damage rather than death.

Saying that, isnt that the same for airsoft?
If you are shot at the right spot I suppose it could kill you, I've seen my Uncle's Air Rifle put dents in a sign-post (the signs that say Slow down, etc :D)

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you are shot at the right spot I suppose it could kill you, I've seen my Uncle's Air Rifle put dents in a sign-post (the signs that say Slow down, etc :D)

Those signs are made of aluminium, bones are way stronger than that. I don't see how you could kill someone with an airgun either. Injuring wouldn't be too hard, but to kill you'd actually need to hit a vital organ or aorta.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those signs are made of aluminium, bones are way stronger than that. I don't see how you could kill someone with an airgun either. Injuring wouldn't be too hard, but to kill you'd actually need to hit a vital organ or aorta.

If you were shot in the eye by paintball your eye could explode, if you were shot by airsoft I don't know if it'd do the same or pierce it and do some major damage seeing how airsoft shoots at 400FPS (most rifles) with a plastic bb rather than paintball that shoots at 280 (that's the field chrono limit) with a ball that usually pops upon impact.

Reaction score
In the Netherlands it's not so much the danger of the weapons, but that all gunlike objects are banned. I even went to court because I bought a lighter in the form of a pistol (about 80% of actual size - looked awesome), full metal etc, and because it was so similar to a real firearm, it was simply banned. So yeah if something looks like a firearm, then it's illegal here.

Back