• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if fact is not that hard
1) put vmware lan on bridge mode and check "replicate network state"
2) port forward on your router/modem all incoming traffic of port 29000 to your server ip
3) enjoy

about the rest, take offense or not... but this forum spoon feed a lot, many users are toooooo lazy to even check vmware/virtualbox forum (yes, you know?.. this is ragezone, not vmware/vbox support forum)
about forward.. check your modem/router manual/support form.....
and about typing the things over and over... is uselles. people is LAZY! searching is tabu for them

"will your finger kill you" im 100% with you on that.. but about using search function. and dont allways expect RZ have all the answers, google helps a lot!

im sorry if someone is offended in any way....but is the true

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well let me explain all then
i have hired static ip address and ofc i have the local host ipaddress of the static ipaddress
if i go to /etc/network/interfaces which should i put ? the local or static ?
and /home/glinkd/gamesys.conf must contain the static ipaddress or local ?
lets say for example i have opened server ip on port 29000 in my router
what should other players have in their server list of their client and which ip for my own server list in my own client?
which ipaddress ? virtual server ip or the static ip ?
i know some answers of these questions but i want to ask to make sure and tyvm for replay Caosfox
and the best part i searched on google i searched on RZ i searched on all pages
i searched that i could even go to my friends and search in their cupboard LMAO

Last edited:
In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ok, first
the static ip you hire is the one on your modem/router, right?
if yes, then put vmware on bridge mode and select replicate .... (like here
343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums
)
the router set the ip automatic for the linux box, set linux on dhcp mode, dont edit any ip (the router is going to do the job)
next, open your router and on the part about "address reservation" put your linux mac address and set what ip you want (in my case MAC 00-0C-29-A9-33-F9 is set to have always the ip 10.0.0.100... no matters what you do, ip is always 10.0.0.100)

and last, redirect any traffic incoming to port 29000 to ip 10.0.0.100 (or the ip you set on dhcp router)

this is the easiest way to make it work on vmware

if you are talking about you have a VPS or dedicated server, first turn off firewall (for checking only)
all incoming traffic must be reaching the server

opps, forgot to say, at your client, you need to put your modem ip
let say your internet ip is 55.87.25.260 and your linux ip is 10.0.0.100
you need to set client to ip 55.87.25.260 (all incoming traffic on port 29000 is send by the router to 10.0.0.100)

and opps v2.0.. forgot to say, you must forward port 80 too, if you want your players to reach your web page

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks for your kindness and your help i will start doing that now ^^ and here is my like
on my own router it is vodafone type if you know it
and do you know how much i have been trying to make this server public and read all these pages ?
over 4 days non of rest

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
my modem is a lame "no name" one.. cablemodem or something like that.
but i connect a tp-link router to that modem, and everything to the tp-link (in fact, i learned the forwarding trick on tp-link support forum)

only 4 internet providers here, 2 uses the lame no_name or motorola modems, and the other 2.. texas instrument modems... all lame pieces of crap

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got everything set up properly (I think) but the game crashes after I choose my character and try to enter the game world, does anyone know why this might be?

Just got this error message. Does anyone know what this is?
6635df46cedec69e1dadd6433706e9d5 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, first
the static ip you hire is the one on your modem/router, right?
if yes, then put vmware on bridge mode and select replicate .... (like here
)
the router set the ip automatic for the linux box, set linux on dhcp mode, dont edit any ip (the router is going to do the job)
next, open your router and on the part about "address reservation" put your linux mac address and set what ip you want (in my case MAC 00-0C-29-A9-33-F9 is set to have always the ip 10.0.0.100... no matters what you do, ip is always 10.0.0.100)

and last, redirect any traffic incoming to port 29000 to ip 10.0.0.100 (or the ip you set on dhcp router)

this is the easiest way to make it work on vmware

if you are talking about you have a VPS or dedicated server, first turn off firewall (for checking only)
all incoming traffic must be reaching the server

opps, forgot to say, at your client, you need to put your modem ip
let say your internet ip is 55.87.25.260 and your linux ip is 10.0.0.100
you need to set client to ip 55.87.25.260 (all incoming traffic on port 29000 is send by the router to 10.0.0.100)

and opps v2.0.. forgot to say, you must forward port 80 too, if you want your players to reach your web page

now i have problem it tells that the ipaddress is invalid at ip reverse
i have inserted the correct mac address but ipaddress is invalid with 10.0.0.100

Last edited:
In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
10.0.0.100 is my ip, i set my router dchp to serve ip from 10.0.0.10 to 10.0.0.250
you must check what is your dchp ip range
how ?, is easy
at windows
press "windows key + r" and type CMD
next type ipconfig
first adapter must be your lan (in my case is
)
lets say your ip is 192.168.0.50

then set your linix ip at 192.168.0.100 (so you have plenty of free ips for others servers/pcs in your house)

easy way to get the mac address is from vmware (open network adapter -> advanced)
you can even change the MAC if you need
http://s30.postimg.org/p5tpjy9gx/Sin_t_tulo4.jpg

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This thread is already opened and it directly relates to my problem, Im just trying to get as much support as possible.

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
normaly people ignores the same question made on 1258785 Threads, is better to make 1 and wait at least a couple of hours, then make another question.
rome dont was build in 1 day, you know

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score

in fact, i think all keep as 127.0.0.1 (maybe you need to edit the ip of the web page in the config.php, but im not sure)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well lets say for example i have sat my ipaddress on my vmware according to what you said as 192.168.1.160 on linux as being my ipaddress
how can i open port ? through nat in my router port forwarding section ?
and lets say that the server list wont work except as 192.168.1.160
when i turn on my server it wont work except if set the first 4 ipaddresses to 192.168.1.160 in gamesys.conf
even tho that true
why my friend can't connect to me ? i made my friend put his server list as 192.168.1.160
and it didn't work , does it have to be something else ?
the best part i have learned from you the mac trick i have sat my ip reverse with my own server mac address to ip address 192.168.1.160 and it has changed on virtual server when i do ifconfig it became 192.168.1.160
in all cases i dont know how to use my static ipaddress
i managed to create the whole server and learn linux basics still one step prevent me from going forward just making any little server as public
ehhhh what a lame i swear i am doing faceplam right now
sorry for making you tired with me if i was rich i would make you king hahahaha you are really my hero and you did your best with me i really appericate it

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ah, wait
192.168.1.160 is the ip of your server
BUT means nothing outside your network
the trick is:
http://www.whatismyip.com/
here you can get your REAL internet adress
that is the ip you must put on your friend client
next you can check if your router/firewall is blocking 29000 from here
http://www.canyouseeme.org/
at port to check put 29000 (if gives timeout means port is not redirected or is closed) ofc do this with the server working
i dont really now your modem/router , so i dont know where forwarding is located

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well what does it mean external and internal ports?
you said 29000 port must be opened but on which one ?
i found on my router something called priority

Last edited:
In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
on tp-link is named forwarding
give me your exact modem/router model

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no worries i managed to make server public by putting the mac address and the ip address of local host in ip reverse
went to port forwarding and made my port as 29000 with the local host ipaddress
i filled up server list with the static ipaddress i hired and my friend now can log on my server
it was unbelieveable for me
but i have one question for gshop guide
as i know the following steps are looking like that
* import gshop as client 1.4.4
* save as anything.db to get the same timestamp
* load anything.db
* export it to client 1.4.4
* export it to server 1.4.4
is there anything did i miss ?
before exporting to server , do i have to leave items as* client type * or turn them to * server type *?
i have created gshopsev.data and everytime i try to upload it
it fails to turn on gs on
even i made sure that i dont do mistakes and fallow the following advises
gshop.data and gshopsev.data have an item it is not in lements.data [ gs01.log ]
gshop.data and gshopsev.data have wrong timestamp
gshop has more than 2500 items

Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Start your gs01 from the command line

Code:
 cd /PWServer/gamed

./gs gs01

And then check in the command line if it doesn't give any error upon an item, i've had it before that some item didn't want to work in the gshop while it was in elements.data
Best way to start off is using a clean Gshop.data and gshop1.data

Back