Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[-_-'] Firefox or Opera

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
From wiki, its said that

I know everyone on forums who used firefox and stuffs are spreading as hardcore as they could about firefox and others browsers stuff, which explain why firefox seems so popular. But the majority who knows nothing about other browsers other than IE just aren't voicing themselves out, thats why people think firefox are really popular, it isn't actually and only 20+ percentage of the users are using it.
But well I still like firefox cause it has much more feature than IE D:

Edit: And I know not much about opera =|

Surveys like that doesn't say anything about how good a browser is. Internet Explorer is immensely popular because it's the standard, and most businesses doesn't bother to install new internet browser software on their computers. This makes up a large amount of internet users.

Firefox is so popular because it's a good browser, and it won the support of "geeks" worldwide fast. At forums you're told to use it, your computer wizard friend tells you to use it, "everybody" uses it. It's peer pressure at its best. Internet Explorer has become the uncool thing.

Firefox has quickly gathered an immense amount of fanboys. By all means, this isn't that bad. Firefox is among the best browsers and far superior to the standard Internet Explorer. But still, you should experiment with other browsers. Opera is more secure, supports more standards and is faster. This has been proven several times. Some prefer open source and addons though, and that is something Opera cannot offer. Some need a clean browser that's low on resources and nothing more, that's the Google Chrome users. You have to consider what you need when choosing a browser. Some may say it's not so important. I think it's vital. I surf a lot faster with Opera. I can check my mail in half the time, and find anything at WIkipedia in the blink of an eye. That's high on my personal priority list.

Still, I doubt there's rational reasons behind what browser most people choose. For young people, like the people on this forum, it's more about fitting in and other youth clich

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it worth switching to Opera? I don't use any plug-ins except flash, quicktime and java. Also is it faster than Firefox because Firefox takes years to open new tabs when there is about 4 already open. I already know it's safer. :p

Edit: Is there an E-Mail client built into Opera??

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Is it worth switching to Opera? I don't use any plug-ins except flash, quicktime and java. Also is it faster than Firefox because Firefox takes years to open new tabs when there is about 4 already open. I already know it's safer. :p

Edit: Is there an E-Mail client built into Opera??

Yes to every question.

Plugins like flash, quicktime, java and so on works perfectly on Opera. It's the Firefox addons, like IMacros and Noscript, that don't work.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I prefer Mozillafox because its easier to get round with. Also more addons.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah truedat.

Mozilla is pro, and I'm using it nao.

So you should choose mozilla... NAO! :):

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
To me Firefox and Opera are about the same.
Opera and Firefox each have there own addons, although i don't use any addon, Apart from the plugins for flash, qucktime, and the common internet associations.

I tend to alternate from time to time between firefox and opera. I have both installed on ubuntu Linux and on Windows XP.

The best thing about opera is that it treats torrents as regular downloads.

As far as which is safer that would be opera, mainly the facts as stated above, its a less common browser.
Having a safer web browser doesn't relay make much of a difference when it comes to attacking a OS, unless your manually allowing scripts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Id rather use opera only thing if you want torrent downloads id switch over to firefox opera use itself as a download manager

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes to every question.

Plugins like flash, quicktime, java and so on works perfectly on Opera. It's the Firefox addons, like IMacros and Noscript, that don't work.

Yeah, I downloaded it and it works a charm. The E-Mail was so easy to set up and it opens tabs as fast as lightning also it looks beautiful. :eek:tt:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Can you all please stop saying that Firefox is the safest?

It's clearly not.
Safari>Opera>Firefox

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use firefox for all the possible add ons and because of it's safety. It might not be as fast, as Opera at times. But I still think Firefox > Opera.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Internet explorer FTW. it may be unsafe but with opera and firefox its harder to play shockwave games which are my life :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Firefox <3 , More People Use It.
And More Features Too .

Back