Aion Private Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post scriptum: I got a question concerning the update function..
Could somebody give me a short description on how to use this?
I've already looked at the .swf guide but when I tried to do this it gives me a few errors.

If you just downloaded the newest au_gameserver then you are fine and do not need to update i think, i your errors are about duplicate files then it is fine. I noticed this also when i used the full install of update.


now to my problem,

I have no launcher called start-aion.bat as shown in this video tutorial. In fact my installed aion folder looks quite a bit diferent from the one you have in this tutorial, so you can tell me how am i to change the ip in start-aion.bat? thanks

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

edit: i should read more ahead, I read the whole section already but missed it, my answer is already there, sorry for this non needed question :-)
 
Last edited:
Code:
[b]
- ae_gameserver - [color=red]updated to 1765[/color]

- Spawn instances, added Chamber of Roah into portal_templates.xml, npc_templates.xml changed 700479 npc from useitem to PORTAL added droplist for all 3 new instances.
- small fix in SM_TARGET_SELECTED + task manager pool increase to 5
- Item set bonuses + //addset admin command
- Fix for legion history exception
[/b]
 
Last edited:
Thanks danny!

Sorry for the stupid question, just want to confirm this... To update the database I just have to copy the files from the newest update folder to my gameserver update folder and run your updater? Or are there any other changes to do? Like overwrite serverfiles or something?

Thanks and cheers!
 
ok here is my problem, I followed the tutorial exactly. so how do i get other people connected to me? i cant event connect to me from my laptop to my server :-)

I have a linksys router , yes the ports are fowarded accordingly, also i set myself a static ip.

so in which files do i need to change local host to wan?
do I need to create and register a domain for this to work?
please enlighten me :-)
 
ok here is my problem, I followed the tutorial exactly. so how do i get other people connected to me? i cant event connect to me from my laptop to my server :-)

I have a linksys router , yes the ports are fowarded accordingly, also i set myself a static ip.

so in which files do i need to change local host to wan?
do I need to create and register a domain for this to work?
please enlighten me :-)

In gameserver\config\network\ipconfig.xml change <ipconfig default="127.0.0.1"> to your Wan IP
 
Code:
[B]
- ae_gameserver      - [color=red]updated to 1774[/color]
- database_installer - [color=red]updated to 13[/color]
 
- [Skill engine] Boost skill casting time effect (Sage's Wisdom, Word of Quickness, Stigma Boon of Activeness, Boon of Quickness, Vaizel's Wisdom, Shackle of Vulnerability)
- [Skill engine] Weapon statup effect implemented (Blessing of Blood, Bow of Blessing, Speed of the Wind, Hunter's Might, Bestial Fury, Arrow Flurry). Note that because each skill could consist of 4 different effects it doesn't mean they fully working - check in xml.
- [Skill engine] weapon stat boost effect (Boost Bow Range, Sniper Stance, Winged Range)
- Some heiron Z fixes.
- added Brusthonin drop
- Group premium XP rate fix.
- dark poeta sql ' del
- sql fix and z
[/B]
 
Last edited:
i can't connect with client version 1.5.1.14 any suggestions or 1.5.1.10 client link?

tnx.

Hi there Download This Aluc4rd Bin32 for 1.5.1.14 hope it helps

Password:aion

:thumbup1:
 
[WARN 2010-03-31 14-17-49] com.aionemu.loginserver.network.aion.AionConnection:2
48 - Wrong checksum from client: not loged 173.58.81.116
[INFO 2010-03-31 14-17-54] com.aionemu.loginserver.network.aion.AionConnection:1
32 - connection from: 173.58.81.116
[WARN 2010-03-31 14-17-54] com.aionemu.loginserver.network.aion.AionConnection:2
48 - Wrong checksum from client: not loged 173.58.81.116

any one know what wrong checksum from client mean ??
 
"cannot connect to server"
I have not figured this out. I have computer on same as client" I know the machine works harder but thats fine, how can i connect?

currently I have the ip for launcher and config set to local host.

and firewall ported for this router forwarded, i get to the server select screen and always "cannot connect"

i read this whole forum and Tried what people are saying yet nothing is working yet. any help would be nice thanks :-)

solved, it appears i should shutdown the server everytime i need to make a change :-) else it might be rewritten after.
 
Last edited:
Code:
[B]
- ae_gameserver      - [color=red]updated to 1780[/color]
- database_installer - [color=red]updated to 14[/color]
 
- Added some missing mobs, needed for some quests
- Updated drop list to Brusthonin
- added about 6000 missing Brusthonin monsters
- a little warn cleaning..
- updated world_maps.xml
- 4 Return Orbs and Scrolls
- [Skill engine] Boost skill casting time effect (Sage's Wisdom, Word of Quickness, Stigma Boon of Activeness, Boon of Quickness, Vaizel's Wisdom, Shackle of Vulnerability)
[/B]
 
[WARN 2010-03-31 14-17-49] com.aionemu.loginserver.network.aion.AionConnection:2
48 - Wrong checksum from client: not loged 173.58.81.116
[INFO 2010-03-31 14-17-54] com.aionemu.loginserver.network.aion.AionConnection:1
32 - connection from: 173.58.81.116
[WARN 2010-03-31 14-17-54] com.aionemu.loginserver.network.aion.AionConnection:2
48 - Wrong checksum from client: not loged 173.58.81.116

any one know what wrong checksum from client mean ??



Sounds like a client problem...
Is your client on version 1.5.1.10?
 
database installer only seems to want to update the login server, which doesnt need to be updated. it is not updating my gameserver

I just wonder, if using the database installer does anything or not?

if i just download the database installer , i still need the new gameserver files?
if i still need the new game server files and replace the ones i already have I have to keep reediting them?

the video shows to update all you need do is get the database installer and use it in the same folder as the game server and login server folders, yet it seems not to do anything to update.
 
Last edited:
Yes the gameserver and occasionaly the loginserver files all need to be changed out when you update, however i have found it easier to remove the configured files (gameserver network folder, and the server settings in main if you changed any there) before i copy over them. less editing that way and you can be back up in minutes
 
Yes the gameserver and occasionaly the loginserver files all need to be changed out when you update, however i have found it easier to remove the configured files (gameserver network folder, and the server settings in main if you changed any there) before i copy over them. less editing that way and you can be back up in minutes

yeah , reediting isnt that bad, not when its only some ip's and a couple passwords,but seems there could be an easier method.
 
anyway to properly shutdown the gameserver and login server?
hitting the red x just seems scary when all that player data is in there :-)
how to ensure that all data gets saved before exit?
 
anyway to properly shutdown the gameserver and login server?
hitting the red x just seems scary when all that player data is in there :-)
how to ensure that all data gets saved before exit?


I think if you don't force the exit (end program now) then the data is saved when you shutdown.
The only other way I can think of, is using the '//sys shutdown' admin command ingame... Best is to test it out.

Cheers~
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back