Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Any vets still on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my milkshake.
Reaction score
Or in short: Be a human, and only then be a badass developer.

I've said it many times already so I'll make it short this time: making a good server is not just about writing good code - you also need to be "well coded" yourself. If you had to choose between a fully coded server with huge assholes as staff or a not-so-well coded one with nice staff members? Most people will go for the second. You can understand why.

-Sent from my mobile-
(excuse my long posts, it's late and I'm half a zombie just typing away)

A lot of the regular players of servers, whom used to have some decency and weren't self-centered, have been replaced with the one's that can't speak english and are completely stripped of any of the fun or charm that the game used to encourage. Even trying to have small talk with them (ie scenario, walk into a map, they're training, immediately assume you want to steal the map and ks them. howboutno) is no better than switching channels and talking to a bot instead. At least they have automatic replies that say 'cc plz' or something, and that's giving them more credit than due...Haven't played a server in a year to be honest, but I doubt the situations changed at all. Replace 'those players' with pretty much anyone involved in MS, pservers, forums such as this and even the hacking communities.

And speaking of the staff, simplest way for the 'kind fun staff' scenario, it just to have staff that are mature and don't take themselves too seriously and think they're something they're not, and concentrate on their key qualities and do their best for the community however they can. What lacks in programming experience and/or server administration (at least imo) would be overlooked with effort and, dare I say, empathy? I remember seeing GM's for example either act like politicians or socialites. Neither is required to be respected or admired, and it kind of got in the way of their 'job' if anything. Players got confused thinking that if a GM didn't hang out in FM 24/7 that they're inactive. Or if the admin (who would be the face of the server) wasn't someone well known, potential (who aren't drones) players would shy away. The drones only care about statistics and see a number on gtop and that's all there is.

This doesn't do me justice for my 'overdramatic' tendencies *winkwink* but I found that when I was playing a server a year ago (Arcane), it did feel better when I found people that were like-minded or less like drones and more like people who just had fun and enjoyed the game. Kind of a 'I Am Legend' vibe with more people ^_^.

Last edited:
Back?
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thats completely true man you can't go on MS and talk to people anymore lol they either talk to you simply for training or random poop theres no actual socializing in this game anymore.... I remember when I was in 6th grade and me and my friends from school used to play and we just used to chill in HHG and used to just conversate with people who were training and everyone was so nice and the journeys and adventures like going to Orbis when the only way was taking the 12-15 minute boat ride that sometimes killed you because of the balrogs..... O how I miss those simple times haha now MS is so boring and easy. Private servers lack one thing they had when they used to thrive which was a active staff and also a point to playing on said server not a special rebirth or anything like that just a good home like community.... This game has plummeted so much from what it used to be. Even hackers used to have respect for maplers but thats gone now completely because of BT and these public hacks used by 10 year olds....

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
I remember the old times and dilemmas ;)

Hello, just wanted to say I don't enjoy you even being on this forum. Ducking traitor.

(Sorry for explicit language, but he deserves it.)

@wackyracer, I think he's more known for f**king over Matze & Serpendiem. Nobody gives a flying f**k about MapleGeek.

Job Accomplished!
Reaction score
I don't like you.

Like the post above me, I also do not like you at all to be honest. What you did will not be forgotten, lol. Don't try to waltz in thinking everybody forgot already.

Hello, just wanted to say I don't enjoy you even being on this forum. Ducking traitor.

(Sorry for explicit language, but he deserves it.)

@wackyracer, I think he's more known for f**king over Matze & Serpendiem. Nobody gives a flying f**k about MapleGeek.

I could care less what you all think.

I don't really pay much attention to anyone other than those who actually have the knowledge to caught my eyes, replying to this is just an exception.

After all, non of you were successful.

Good luck in the future kids :)

PS: Going over posts made by some of you can definitely show you haven't accomplished much in life. Ha.

<3
Reaction score

I don't really pay much attention to anyone other than those who actually have the knowledge to caught my eyes, replying to this is just an exception.

PS: Going over posts made by some of you can definitely show you haven't accomplished much in life. Ha.

Are you implying that you are successful? Success can be measure in various ways. I don't think you can really say that you are more successful than any of us here.

Never heard of you.

Join dates are irrelevant. I've been around here since TitanMS was released. I loved to lurk around here back in the days. Never did register until much later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hm, so you are *that* idiotic.

Back?
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol let me share some love with everyone with something nostalgic :)

<3
Reaction score
This is even more nostalgic:

Reaction score

Wasn't I your replacement on the original LocalMS? :p I was promoted immediately following your firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back