Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

APB Emulator 2013 Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So.. no much updates past weeks, sorry for that, BUT!

Me and coldreader88 had a nice talk past 2 days. He decided to re-create an emulator with his own framework for which he claims is much cleaner, convinient and better. He's gonna do the bare bones version of server(s) just to see how it would work. If I/we like it, we gonna do it with his framework. Everything will still be in C# pretty much (except client DLL and client server, which are in C++). It's a bit much work, so he's gonna take some time to do it. Anyways, I created new assembla account and new private project where we will continue to develop the emulator, though new one. Old repository will still exist and won't be deleted, but won't be used and updated some time as well. When and if we finish the emulator for v1.4.1. (which we now believe we will), coldreader88 is going to create a separate branch for another APB emulator, but this time for new APB. (but we plan to run the emu for old version of the game)

As for the Domo, I'll try to reach him again for spring break cuz almost 6 months passed since we last talked.

We'll stay in touch in next couple of days/weeks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, I just went through commits that coldreader88 did yesterday/today, and I have to say I'm pretty amazed. The new emu version is so much cleaner, better looking and organized. His framework is awesome as well. He's gonna do initial packets and since there are still some references to his other server project, he'll clear them out and make the servers runnable and usable. The older emu code will still exist, and it MIGHT get released when we get the new one fully working. There is a LOT of features in his framework that will help us in further development (there are so much new features I can't even write them all down, neither having attention to do so).

Here's how new emu 'structure' looks:
BlueType - APB Emulator 2013 Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Stay tuned for upcoming updates! :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finally reached Domo. We had a cool chat session. Summary:

He said he's been mad at me because of doing something that I shouldn't have done and that's why he didn't respond to my messages. He also said he's done with his community service in 3 days and that he finished his other emulator completely, so he can dedicate himself to APB emulator. He said that he has a C++ version of emulator, as well as few other hooks that we'll need to succesfully finish the work. I told him then that new developer joined and made barebones version of emulator with his new framework in C#, and since we now practically have 3 versions of same emulator (2 in C#, 1 in C++), we'll decided which one we will continue to develop. Of course, all the code will stay private.

This project is actively being worked on!

Stay tuned for more updates.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Me and coldreader (well, he mostly) managed to get new base server working. Next up is re-coding everything from old emu, all the way to district entering. When we finish all 'less important' servers (which are account, character, login, and world + client server from old emu since we need it), we'll then focus on district server completely. Client DLL will still be present as I'm going to hook some functions in order to make everything more playable.

Also, here's a list of 'possible' closed beta testers (CB coming soon). ;)

- Vingeveu (UC)
- yanke1337 (UC)
- Dunker12 (UC)
- KIRAinnova (UC)
- Geertje123 (UC)
- contry (UC)
- Maanoo (UC)
- yahia585 (UC)
- iHacked (UC)
- KillxSeed (UC)
- NissanRacer1 (UC)
- mcaso123
- J3tze
- Biesmen
- OrochDEV

Stay tuned for more upcoming updates!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Revision 11:
  • Added client server and client hook code to new emulator project

--

As I see a lot of interest in Closed Beta, here's a simple note. Closed Beta is not yet official neither 100% confirmed, that's why posted CB testers are 'possible', since we need to finish server first to actually plan out the beta (when it becomes 'official', people will have chance to apply for tester). More info and updates will be coming soon, so please stay tuned! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, I've started to work on old emu version again since I got pretty far in there. Anyways, I managed to get a part of district reserving properly working, the other part will do tomorrow. The district entering through "Instances" tab is not working at this moment, and hopefully will be fixed very soon (you can only join through "Districts" tab, that tab with pics and description of each district). Anyways, by checking game logs, everything seems to be working fine (district detecting/reserving and then proper joining). Client sends request to a server at IP 0.0.0.12:13113 (don't know why though), and wants a response, but never gets it. Next up is to actually redirect client to correct IP and hopefully get a broadcast in district server executable, meaning that the client is trying to connect to the server.

Revision 119:
  • Fixed district reserving
  • Minor updates in client hook code

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Revision 120:
  • Updated district reserving - now fully works
  • Updated district entering - now works through "Instances" tab
  • Updated district list - some more data

--

I'm gonna explain what I updated and what's happening at this moment.

So, I found out that "ASK/ANS_DISTRICT_RESERVE" retrieves a code 16777216 which is 'identifier' for social district (same goes for financial and waterfront, both have specific codes). Now, this code is used when joining through "Districts" tab. The code 16777217 (just up by one, same with FIN and WF districts) is used when entering through "Instances" tab, so yea, both joining through "Districts" and "Instances" tab now works (and did not work before).

I also updated district entering opcode with district server IP splitting and correct port writing and game logs now show this:

which means that client is trying to connect to correct IP and port (I'm aware that showing my IP wasn't the most clever idea, but whatever). Next up, I should try to retrieve connection attemp in district server and see what's gonna happen then.

There's a problem though. Financial and Waterfront districts as well as Tutorial fail to register at world server and display to client. I have to investigate this more to see what's the actual problem (they all appear as "TEST DISTRICT" in game logs and are not shown in "Instances" tab). See:

--

Stay tuned for more updates!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Revision 121:
  • Updated code for district connecting - district server now successfully retrieves connection request and initial data from client (though the data can't be displayed for some reason)
  • Updated opcodes for district entering/reserving to make it work with district server update
  • Updated logger code in client hook - now clears log file on start
  • Added commented code for updating loading movie - will see about implementing it later on
  • Authorization bug 'doesn't actually exist' - it doesn't give you an error on failed login (when it should, instead it lets you in game), but you won't be able to log in however, so it stays as it is

:)

Enough coding for today! :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You do not have permission to access the requested page. *.*

That's because I locked the project, it is private now.

--

I'm done with school (wooohoooo), but in 2 days I'm going in Prague (7.6.-13.6.), which means no updates for one week. I'm also going to seaside 15.6.-22.6., and hopefully will be able to develop on my laptop (if I transfer whole APB and emu over). Anyways, this is pretty much all that I wanted to tell you.

(NOTE: This is just to inform you guys about my 'possible inactivity' and no progress on emu)

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's because I locked the project, it is private now.

--

I'm done with school (wooohoooo), but in 2 days I'm going in Prague (7.6.-13.6.), which means no updates for one week. I'm also going to seaside 15.6.-22.6., and hopefully will be able to develop on my laptop (if I transfer whole APB and emu over). Anyways, this is pretty much all that I wanted to tell you.

(NOTE: This is just to inform you guys about my 'possible inactivity' and no progress on emu)

Not related to the emulator, but related to APB/RTW I guess.
Crackdown (RTWs first game) is now getting a TRUE sequel, with the original producer from RTW working on it.
there was a crackdown 2 but had no affiliation with RTW.
This seems pretty hype. It was announced at e3.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here are 3 revisions!

Revision 13: (by coldreader88)
  • Internal changes to framework

Revision 14: (by me)
  • Added login packets
  • Properly implemented SRP6 algorithm for logging in

Revision 15: (by coldreader88)
  • Fixes and updates to fiki574's code
  • Updates to network code
  • Updates to packet encryption

--

Updates may not seem big, but we did a lot today. We're currently using 'dummies' on new emulator until we implement database saving/loading later on. Since we now have a working base, I'll most likely easely re-do everything from old emulator and port it to new one. New framework is awesome to be honest, but I'm still getting used to new layout.

--

Stay tuned for more upcoming daily updates. :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Revision 16:
  • Added file saving & loading opcodes
  • Tweaks to login code

--

New emulator is running perfect so far. There's still dozen of opcodes to re-implement in new emulator, as well as new inter-server communication, but I hope it won't take too long.

Stay tuned for more daily updates! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Revision 17:
  • Added character opcodes and dummy test character
  • Updated ANS_LOGIN_SUCCESS which now works properly
  • Minor updates to project files

--

So, as said before, we're currently using dummy account and dummy character until we enter the district. When we do that, we'll be implementing database saving and loading. For now, our main goal is to re-do some opcodes/packets to get to the district entering part. Everything else, including all of the other login and world server packets, can be done later on.

--

Stay tuned for more daily updates! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Revision 18:
  • Small fixes, updates and tweaks

--

Sorry for not posting past 2 days, wasn't much on my PC.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Revision 18:
  • Small fixes, updates and tweaks

--

Sorry for not posting past 2 days, wasn't much on my PC.

Can you give us some kind of percentage to when we can actually go into some kind of alpha? Because I read all that but I have no idea how far you are into finishing it s:

Cheers,
Funnypig

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Revision 21:
  • Added login<->world inter-server communication code - works fine
  • Added world entering packets to both login and world server - some things need to be fixed
  • Added world list packets
  • Added missing opcodes to "APBOpcodes.cs"
  • Added initial district packet to world server ("DISTRICT_LIST")
  • Removed unused stuff/code

Big update. Total of 44 files modified/added.

--

Revision 22:
  • Fixed a problem where logging in was completely impossible

--

Well, yea, we're getting closer to districts! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back