Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands (1996) server emulator

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello!

Recently, I started developing server emulator for original Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands (1996). It is much work to be done, but, i already got some results. Network packets structure, clients initalization, characters creation and preliminary global region initialization works now.

I want to find anyone interested in DSO:CS, and in dsoemu server development particular, to make current work an open source community project.

Also, i am open for any help. Anything may help, but most valuable is if someone preserved network packet logs from original Dark Sun Online sessions (1996-1999) in ANY FORMAT and ANY COMPLETENESS - it will greatly boost development and really priceless. But again, anything may help, from sharing user experience of oldschool original players of dsocs, to helping with submitting all development data and information on dso netcode to wiki for community project when it will be opened. Anyone with basic knowledge of hexadecimal arithmetics and any programming language may help too, i already have task to do, that may speed up if shared - just need to rewrite some routines to pseudocode. Think of it that way: for any fan of Dark Sun [Online], you may participate and help to make working dark sun online server emulator, and gain much xp for yourself in process :) As at this stage, it is more important to have a will to help, and not a tech skill level (as i will be glad to explain/guide with any tech aspects in process) - which will grow in process.

So, anyone interested in original Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sand and dso server emulation, i would be glad to get in contact with you.

Thank you for your attention.

dsoemu - Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands (1996) server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Current progress:

dso_server_debugrun_20240215_00 - Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands (1996) server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums
dso_server_debugrun_20240215_02 - Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands (1996) server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back