[Dev]OdinMS IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
647
Reaction score
26
Hey guys!
First off, I'd just like to say, Long time no see.

All right, now with the thread.
I'm currently developing an IDE designed especially for OdinMS.
Well, not exactly an IDE.

There won't be any compiler, but you will be able to edit files with much more ease than NetBeans.

I am going to code the "IDE" in C#.
Updates will go here.
 
lol you will just fail...
how would you make the intelisence thing, that auto finds the available code for java / included dll's etc...

almost impossible.
 
lol you will just fail...
how would you make the intelisence thing, that auto finds the available code for java / included dll's etc...

almost impossible.

This is stupid as ****. You're wasting your time, plus it's going to blow if you don't even know how Java -works-.

If you want something lightweight that's probably a hundred times better than what you're making, get Notepad++. It has Java syntax support, as well as a basic intellisense with functions with the Java standard library.

Seriously, I can make something in C# in about 10 minutes that loads all of the Java files in a folder and its subfolders and gives you a list of common methods from the Odin source; it still won't have even 5% the functionality of a program like Notepad++ or an ACTUAL IDE that can compile.

I saw who made this thread, then i came in, now i'm going to leave.

Well, thanks for your ideas guys!
Have a nice day. :laugh:

I've got a pretty good start on the intellisense now...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Guys if he wants to make it, then let him make it. Don't bash him for making something, he doesn't have to release it if he doesn't want to. I am sure it will help a lot of new people get a jump start.
 
Well this development project doesn't really make sense. What's the point of an OdinMS IDE? It will have the odinms methods... so? If it's hard to explain, it will be hard to explain later. Try explaining now.
 
You know Silver, I do admire that you like C# and wants to contribute and all. But, in my opinion the project you're trying to start, as I understood, is pointless and I'm pretty much 100% positive that you will not accomplish it if the intent is to make it like a real IDE such as NetBeans.
 
You know Silver, I do admire that you like C# and wants to contribute and all. But, in my opinion the project you're trying to start, as I understood, is pointless and I'm pretty much 100% positive that you will not accomplish it if the intent is to make it like a real IDE such as NetBeans.

I'm not trying to make a real IDE like NetBeans.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back