Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Cloud Mu Online (Browser game)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, everyone!

I wanted to share some exciting news with you all: I've begun working on a project called Cloud Mu Online! It's a browser text-based game that partially recreates the mechanics and features of the original Mu Online. One of the project's highlights is that it's a browser game, which means users don't have to worry about what device to play on or installing anything. All they need is a browser, which is even available on TVs.

This project is simply my hobby, and I do it in my free time. I can't work strictly on a schedule; it's all about my mood and in a workflow.

You can check out the project's progress on GitHub at .
The project is currently under development and is not playable yet. Once there is something available for testing or viewing, I will update this topic accordingly.

Special thanks to Batanaka the author of the project Mu Online web browser version (PHP, MySQL, Javascript) for the inspiration.

Licence is changed to MIT with copyright
At this time, the project is paused due to resource constraints as I am currently prioritizing other job-related projects. However, I plan to resume work on it around the middle of May.

Last edited:
Reaction score
nice one!
Just one thing: these creative commons licenses are not really suitable for (open source) software. With your license, I'm not even allowed to fork, change and contribute back to your project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice one!
Just one thing: these creative commons licenses are not really suitable for (open source) software. With your license, I'm not even allowed to fork, change and contribute back to your project.
This license is suitable for me, you can fork it. Because forking is sharing with my attribution. You can also contribute, because I can accept your changes. It’s not the same as modifying files on your local environment. Forking is allowed only for contributing to the project, not for making personal changes. If your contribution was declined, then you need to discard all your changes to the original fork. So, it’s fine that no one can modify it without me.

Last edited:
Back