Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
that water looks pretty good, i wish i could have more time to finish my own game :(

does anyone have any significant advance on their own clients?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have emotion for chat system :)
oopFUZi - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

VUS1qEk - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I didn't have time to code all skills, it could take an entire day just to finish a few of them. unfortunately i dont have that time.
Since my last update, i decided to use Ogre directly instead of using my small C#/C++ graphic engine, y couln't beat ogre performance, C# wrapper (slimdx), and, since my engine was highly based on the Ogre's interface, it was not that difficult.
anyway, with ogre, the performance improved almost 30%!

well, just a new test stuff... far from the web project or the unity one posted here a while ago!
I would like to see some new videos of that :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's really great work quality. I really like your character window.

If only you could finish your project I think you could make money out of it.

BTW: Items in inventory are spinning a little bit too fast when mousehovered ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The 'C' panel looks amazing,same for monsters & items very impressive,I guess what webzen doesnt do the community does.

Would that work on specific season ? any ETA ? and would that be a free /open source/premium ? or you haven't thought about that yet ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well, i started this just for fun and learning purpose, I've never thought i could finish the whole client... i know how to do it, but i don't have the time to do it. =/

unfortunately, each detail would take hours. It seems pretty easy, but it is not, the difference between an alpha client and a retail is pretty big actually, too much testing.

so there is no ETA... I'm spending like 1 hour each day, i do it because it is fun, i test new protocols, physics integration system, etc.

about the open source, yea, that would be possible, i'm using OGRE now, so, no problem there! OGRE is probably the best open source graphic engine out there.

about the money, i dont need it, i do this for fun, and I haven't had a mu server before lol

probably the web and unity projects have an ETA, if they are using the standard well known GS they just need to code the client, enter/test/leave and modify it, which is great!
Using the original mu gs definitely saves a lot of time.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm, i dont know what you mean by that.
there are "sprites" (quad or rectangle) that is rendered using identity view and projection matrix.
the texture is changing every 40 ms (this is, 25 fps).

this is the image i'm using
cc42e137d601f935148203cef6bd3aa8 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

actually, all these texture animations effects could be created in several artist software (adobe after effects, autodesk VFX, etc)

once you have the effect, just need to create an image and then create an standard button/canvas/rectangle whatever you want to name them, and change/interpolate texture over time.

pretty easy.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well, i started this just for fun and learning purpose, I've never thought i could finish the whole client... i know how to do it, but i don't have the time to do it. =/

unfortunately, each detail would take hours. It seems pretty easy, but it is not, the difference between an alpha client and a retail is pretty big actually, too much testing.

so there is no ETA... I'm spending like 1 hour each day, i do it because it is fun, i test new protocols, physics integration system, etc.

about the open source, yea, that would be possible, i'm using OGRE now, so, no problem there! OGRE is probably the best open source graphic engine out there.

about the money, i dont need it, i do this for fun, and I haven't had a mu server before lol

probably the web and unity projects have an ETA, if they are using the standard well known GS they just need to code the client, enter/test/leave and modify it, which is great!
Using the original mu gs definitely saves a lot of time.

is that possible taking only the 'C' panel part and implement it into regular client ? how hard you think it should be ? this one really looks amazing.
any how,good luck and hopefully we could see this running on an actual server as this is taking mu to another level.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really dont know. I'm not used make client mods.
the basic idea would be to change the buttons standard textures... put the ones you want instead.

but you will need to edit buttons positions and add textboxes in the right places, and of course, you will have a client using a different GUI art just for one simple panel. :(

Anyway, like i said, i don't know how to do it, I've never done client mods before.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GM-Andromeda

Undoubtedly an excellent design that enables learning, and as you yourself said you do not have time, could you post the project, who may have more time to continue, even if I wanted to learn from this project, the fact of it being in the "beginning" yet, but no doubt, and an excellent project! if one day you want it available, we would be very happy, I'll walk the same since you posted in the forum ..

Congratulations, even if you do not want it available, continue it!

Good designs arise from mere scribbles!

Excuse my English, I'm Brazilian!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there a way to try your client out? Is it public?

It's really nice work. The only thing I can't stand is the damage font, it's so ugly :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey newpsp, have you tried to replace simple images, using the actual items instead? i mean, for the inventory system.
it took me a while to get the trick done, but it's not difficult at all. In unity, the camera system is divided in "layers" that could be rendered using either projection or orthographic matrix, but i guess your engine doesn't have that feature.

you just need to try to render the items in the last render queue,, using depthwrite off, and render them using a standard orthographic matrix. Then, of course, rotate the item after the "hover" event and stop it after the "leave" event. :D

btw, added new effect
61a522f9bd4edfe9d53801e836aeefdd - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

924f5f88f29d6dafba58446193f65ea1 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums
and i will release the source soon. (since i'm using ogre, it's a very small source, just the game now, not the entire engine :))

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tks friend. i use 2d image for system items. I'll do it after my game almost finished.
web programming languages I'm using (AS3) less assistance than C ++. it did not even support the threads. there are many shortcomings but also acceptable because it played on the web. later I will try to use it anyway untiy3d

Back