• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Eclipse Worlds - 2-D Multiplayer ORPG Engine

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
More Changes
- Chat Bubble lasts longer.
- Bug fix with map transfer RTEs.

If you don't have it yet, the newest installer/binaries have been added. No need to patch using the files above.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you could tell me why this slow movements of the character like a "lag". Within the map editor it is normal, I realize the npcs but to exit the editor happen again this "lag".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you could tell me why this slow movements of the character like a "lag". Within the map editor it is normal, I realize the npcs but to exit the editor happen again this "lag".

I'll have to take a look at it later. Thanks for the heads up.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New License
The engine is now under GPL license. This means you cannot change the license, but you may make any game you wish with it as long as you do not redistribute the engine elsewhere such as a forum or community not to people who work on your game obviously. The engine is the form of the uncompiled form, if you compile the engine you may redistribute it to your players anywhere you wish.

Credits
I've updated the credits also with all the contributors of the engine going back 4 years. This engine has been worked on/off for around the time of Robin's Amazing Package (another engine). I just picked it back up and finished it about a year ago. Although, a work is never truly finished, but when the time where the work put in no longer has considerable results, then you of course just stop working on it.

Other News
launched!

New update coming soon, check the changelog for the complete plans of it...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.2.3 is now live to download!

• Added where mouse movement input disabled while not in game.
  • Removed minimap code.
  • Added where check input keys work while event window is focused.
  • Added where check attack and movement doesn't work while main window is not focused.
  • Fixed the bug with random box being too small in NPC editor.
  • Possible bug fix for sounds being stopped when they didn't exist, likely caused glitches when stopping sounds.
  • Added where map transfers do not work if same map.
  • Improved the client-side logic for checking whether to request a new map.
  • Upgraded DirectX8 Core to include timers and such.
  • All textures are no longer loaded, it will only load the ones it needs at the time and important ones/much faster loading of client.
  • Added a Load Textures button in the Admin Panel for reloading textures and command /loadtextures.
  • The engine is now under the license GPL (all previous versions were Public Domain).
  • Updated Credits text file.
  • Improved stop music functionality to not stop until map editor is completely closed/bug fixes.
  • Unload form bug fixes with map properties.
  • Bug fixes with character editor and will delete charlist.txt names that are invalid.
  • Bug fix with logout alert message to not clear client correctly such as closing editors.
  • Bug fix with not unloading character editor upon logout.
  • Fixed Legends of Arteix displaying in some instances of message boxes rather than Eclipse Worlds.
  • Misc. changes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.2.4 is now live. This should be the first time the engine is somewhat stable. The only thing really left to do is fix quests and NPC spells/maybe a few other things I missed.

• Removed load UI from appearing after game has loaded.
  • Fixed overflow issue with x/y offset for long debugging in source.
  • Fixed map transfer bug.
  • Added where map editor closes/etc. when you transfer map.
  • Disabled the bank auto update items for now.
  • Equip is no longer stackable.
  • Drop amount if greater than you have will just drop your max amount.
  • Bug fixes with logout.
  • Bank is properly cleared on logout.
  • Fixed update player items/rewrote a lot of it.
  • Fixed several item spawner errors.
  • Bug fixes with music playing and stopping for menu.
  • Fixed stackable items for item spawner.
  • Fixed several errors with server.
  • Fixed bugs with spawning items in stacks and improved give item to support stacks.
  • Removed error label on admin panel.
  • Removed status in admin panel.
  • Fixed bug with not clearing client details for sure this time upon logout...
  • Using items now takes the inv slot you click rather than a random one.
  • Bug fix with take item to not take all items from inventory when used (consumable items do not take entire stack when used if stackable).
  • Error fix with send data.
  • Client can now use consumable items if stacked is checked.
  • Cleanup of redundant code and bug fixes with audio engine errors (ActiveX mismatch).
  • Music bug fixes.
  • Optimized the saving of accounts such as no longer saving each time bank is modified.
  • Fixed bank rendered text for stacked items to be shown correctly.
  • Updated logo icon for installer and added a new dependency installer with Eclipse Worlds branding.
  • Updated the installer registering.
  • Maybe fixed issue with some people getting errors when opening up source...
  • Misc. changes.

very nice
Reaction score
how spells works ?

i created new spell

but when i try to add it to my char via admin panel

it says : No items Available in this category!

very nice
Reaction score
how to delete this flag?

to be honest i dont like this flag tell me how to delete it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will release 1.2.5 in 3-5 weeks with the rest of the bugs fixed that I am aware of.
  • Quest system finished and upgraded from the code Brandon committed to Nin Online, as well as me upgrading it with bug fixes and these changes of course will be reflected to Nin Online as well.
  • NPC spells fixed.
  • Misc. stuff.

1.3.0 will feature a new interface completely done which will be out in 2-3 months.
  • DirectX8 UI no longer using VB forms.
  • Guild system maybe finished.
  • Misc. stuff.

To accelerate the process will require more donations though, otherwise you'll have to wait.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The main thing needed is sprite attack animations and visual equipment, for example adding a folder in graphics and if u have a sprite named hero1 in the new folder you make hero1_attack for example and when you attack it plays that sprite, same for visual equipment example hero1_armor1, is this doable?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey seth and whitespirits123,it is very important how to use suffixes for the animations, it would be possible? if I'm not mistaken is called the paper doll VE used in eclipse but do not know how to make these sprites attack or for each type of cast spells. it would be nice to see this engine because we can create games with better animations.

An important point is the map editor (create maps) this very precarious and hamper the development too, but are very good development that is bringing us and I am following with great joy.

Sorry for my bad english :x

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Introduction
Okay guys. This is what is going to happen from here on out. The source will no longer be available as part of the normal package, you must check it out using Git or download it on my site. If you want to speed up updates please donate to me on my site by buying Gold Member. Other than that, if you keep begging for new features I am going to have to say that I got more important items on my list to do. If you want your wishes granted, you should consider investing into the engine instead of just begging for things.

1.2.5 Beta
This beta does not have NPC spells fixed and quests have been disabled as well as guilds! They will be implemented later. I do not know if I will bother to fix them anytime soon, because I am busy with Nin Online. 1.2.5 release may be several weeks away depending upon people's reaction to the beta.

The beta will only be the client and server compiles. You must download them both and replace your files accordingly! No general support will be given, I will only listen to people who post on my about their bugs with the beta. I will not listen on this site any longer other than general feedback. Bugs or feature requests should not be posted here. I am done listening to these type of posts.

Conclusion
I am pretty confident that this beta is now more stable than all other Eclipse Origins engines out. If you agree please feel free to share your experiences. This is a beta only cause NPC spells and quests/guilds are not fixed. I plan on fixing them for the complete 1.2.5 release instead of releasing it in a 1.2.6 release.

To read the official announcement go !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, Ragezone!

The below changelog is only from BETA to release which is just a summary and not a complete one. For the full changelog, see the Dropbox .

• Level up now uses animations and can be configured via options.ini.
  • Action messages have been upgraded with a wait timer and fading.
  • The main form has been resized making it bigger and enhanced massively.
  • The map editor has been remodeled and should be much cleaner looking.
  • Admin panel has had slight changes, mostly size changes to a few buttons and the position is closer to the main form.
  • Game resolution is now set in the options.ini via client, this may not work that well such as the UI positions will be out of place (only for advanced users).
  • Item/spell description positions overhauled.
  • Regen HP/MP now displays as action messages.
  • Right click is now used for actions such as picking up items and targeting. Double click to pick up items on the ground.
  • Camera has been improved significantly.
  • Misc. changes and improvements.

The full release can be found .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We've moved the source-code to .

The source-code also comes with the installer/binaries, but this is for developers who want to add to the engine and stay in the loop at the same time.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.2.5.1 Hotfix

• Improved chat bubble fade.
  • Fixed bugs with audio engine such as seeing "None" does not exist.
  • Improved action message wait timer.
  • Updated the version number to 1.2.5 in the client and server.
  • Fixed RTEs with spawning of items which was caused by bugs with the Moral system.

Download

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This engine is now the main engine of .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.2.6 was released awhile ago, but the Projectile system was added to the .

X8xrJd3 - Eclipse Worlds - 2-D Multiplayer ORPG Engine - RaGEZONE Forums

6Q78Vat - Eclipse Worlds - 2-D Multiplayer ORPG Engine - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.2.7a

• Removed GUI button to hide the interface.
  • Client compile is now native speed, with optimizations.

Back