F.E.A.R. Online Private Server development

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Good morning everyone,

I have been looking to be able to access the f.e.a.r. online game. It is a game from 2014 and defunct a year later. F.e.a.r online was server hosted by aerial games which I have been able on my own to bypass the independent launcher to the game itself but it tried to locate a server which of course no longer exists I had saw this post (https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/a-server-emulator-for-district-187-aka-s2-son-silah-game.1230754/) which was a request for district 187 which uses the same game engine and presumably the same server encoding system. Which the user serefsiz had worked on it and made this GitHub repo (https://github.com/serefsizbirisi/s2sonsilah). However it's missing the files he had linked in the readme and I was unable to find a way to contact him as he has not been on this site for two months.

I had awhile back made this YouTube video to explain how to get to the boot screen for f.e.a.r. online, of course, if you can find a better way please let me know as I would appreciate it a ton. This is a somewhat explanation of what I came up with to get to the main menu.

Additionally I wanted to mainly see how the game was/is as it's very interesting in the regards as it was the final nail in the fear series sadly. Alongside there have been a few people in my group who've tried to do a private server but wasn't able to figure it out.

I appreciate any help at all.

Thank you,

Johnny "kuno" S

I realized I hadn't added it but this is my personal archive folders for these games and whatnot. I like collecting game media concept art and sorting things out by who made what. Please let me know what you think thanks.

 
Last edited:
I do believe that serefsiz is working on it. I will update here how it goes.
 
How about now. Are this project still continuing?
 
Last edited:
Hi! I'm trying to get it working while learning reverse engineering. You can check out my repo: github.com/shibisty/fearonline/tree/main
I've collected everything I've found so far about Launcher.exe and Engine.exe
 
Back