Gaming night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am game for most anything :D

Dawson and I have actually be talking about doing a seperate site for a gaming clan. I just have to wait for my bank account to accept my paypal set up and we were going to get the ball rolling with that.
 
Who knows, some of you might become a pro premade team and win prices, dota2 at 1mil, LoL at 5mil ( total ) xD
 
I have no problem in hosting any voice chat or paying for it.
As long as it's going to be used.
Thanks for the offer. Gonna have to see what works best, ideally someone on RZ has a proper connection for it. I just checked some numbers and if I calculated correctly then my connection should be good enough for say 30 people even with 3 people talking at the same time. Again we just need to check it out, maybe someone has a absolute sick connection that wants to host it.
I say we get this rolling. Always wanted to have a RaGEZONE filled gaming crew, but seems it all happened before my time.
That's what Exy and I were talking about before. RZ always had game servers where people got to know each other in a different setting. Now while we grow larger, we constantly have no server (not counting the recently launched minecraft server), so this community is nowhere to where it was before.

Gaming together is not only fun, but should make the community stronger.
 
Just throwing it out there, if you need a free reliable voice chat place with unlimited user count, we could always use the one i am visiting all day every day (am moderator there so a password protected room for us is easy to make.

Also i am up for almost any mmo as i usually am, for hon and lol well i play dota and stay with dota :-D

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

sidenote gohan msn?
 
Tbh, I do have a great connection to host some stuff just not sure how well it would hold up across the ocean for all the over there people. 100down/20up is really good for a home line, but dat latency. Latency can cause voice lag on it's own. >.<;


Anyway, I have way too many games as is so I can be sure to play with whatever everyone is down. I do like the idea of LoL and maybe we can all play a generic MMO together too and make a guild or whatever that'd be fun. "WHEN RaGEZONE INVADES PUBLIC MMO GAMES!" =p.
 
Made an announcement on the RZ steam group to get some more views.

You should consider checking out the RZLoL team thread in the gaming hotspot if you want a more serious team environment, I think Gohan wants this more like a social night rather than serious business.

On the LoL side, I started playing a week or so ago so I would be fine playing a few casual matches and for TF2 I don't play often but that's because I'm not really interested so that'll be a pass for me.

I would like to also suggest you check out GGPO.net. There is loads of arcade classics you can play online with one of the best netcodes in the business like Street fighter 2 turbo and darkstalkers. All the games have a spectator mode so you can talk some trash on VoiP during the match or something and get a few leagues+tournaments going. It's all free also and I can upload all the ROMs for download no problem.
 
lemme sticky this for you xD
 
Just throwing it out there, if you need a free reliable voice chat place with unlimited user count, we could always use the one i am visiting all day every day (am moderator there so a password protected room for us is easy to make.

Also i am up for almost any mmo as i usually am, for hon and lol well i play dota and stay with dota :-D

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

sidenote gohan msn?
If it works well and you can get a few people some abilities so to speak then that would work, or at least for the start (if it's going quite well then getting something our own would be best IMO)

As for games, like I said before, we just need to check that out, will talk to Exy about getting a forum up and creating a bunch of threads to cover all parts to get this running properly. For example MMO's are imo only doable if they are easy to join in, support large groups and are free to play, otherwise we will just end up alienating groups of people.

Again, just want to put it all on the forum and have everyone chip in, this is purely a social thing and should be handled as such imo, majorities decide and all.
Tbh, I do have a great connection to host some stuff just not sure how well it would hold up across the ocean for all the over there people. 100down/20up is really good for a home line, but dat latency. Latency can cause voice lag on it's own. >.<;


Anyway, I have way too many games as is so I can be sure to play with whatever everyone is down. I do like the idea of LoL and maybe we can all play a generic MMO together too and make a guild or whatever that'd be fun. "WHEN RaGEZONE INVADES PUBLIC MMO GAMES!" =p.
Obviously latency could cause problems, just gonna have to try it out, on top that we are gonna need to pick a timezone, obviously it can't be evening for everyone.
Wouldn't mind a game of TF2, AoE, HoN or good ol' cod4 on ps3 ;D. However, with pc games, people have to take into consideration how good someone's gaming rig is
Obviously we do need to look at games that can played by most. That said, using consoles for this is not an option since most won't be able to play.
On the LoL side, I started playing a week or so ago so I would be fine playing a few casual matches and for TF2 I don't play often but that's because I'm not really interested so that'll be a pass for me.

I would like to also suggest you check out GGPO.net. There is loads of arcade classics you can play online with one of the best netcodes in the business like Street fighter 2 turbo and darkstalkers. All the games have a spectator mode so you can talk some trash on VoiP during the match or something and get a few leagues+tournaments going. It's all free also and I can upload all the ROMs for download no problem.
We could definitely look at things like tournaments and such.

All the gaming will be casual, on top of that like I said, it will be about fun, it will be like talking to each on TS, only then with a game where you can kill the person you are talking to. ;)
I wouldn't mind playing some TF2 or LoL, Though I'm still quite new at LoL.
I haven't even played it. ;)
lemme sticky this for you xD
Thanks.
 
Thanks for the offer. Gonna have to see what works best, ideally someone on RZ has a proper connection for it. I just checked some numbers and if I calculated correctly then my connection should be good enough for say 30 people even with 3 people talking at the same time. Again we just need to check it out, maybe someone has a absolute sick connection that wants to host it.
I right now don't have big connection at home (I am seeding a lot at home) but I have the dedicated server resources to cover for this for the moment. 100Mbit/s line up and down. (used to be used for 100 people online on TS2 and 50 people online TS3, (TS3 has a limit due license))
 
That's what Exy and I were talking about before. RZ always had game servers where people got to know each other in a different setting. Now while we grow larger, we constantly have no server (not counting the recently launched minecraft server), so this community is nowhere to where it was before.

Gaming together is not only fun, but should make the community stronger.

Pfft I was saying that to you!

But yeah, I'd love to play some LoL really. I know exy at one point played it as I wanted to play with him. It's pretty easy to get into, and very hard to master. Plus it means people who have loads of time can grind new heroes, the working people can buy them, and the rest can use the random ones.

The only issue is the player count, but I think that will happen for every game suggested. LoL are adding/have added a spectator mode which could help here.
 
I was talking about this with Exy before you showed up, in fact after talking to him about this I decided to make this thread. ;)

Obviously we need to look at the amount of people showing up and which games to play.

I honestly have no idea how many people will show up and how busy it will be on good days and on bad days. I play with a group on tuesday and we have days with 10+ and days with like 4 (it's a small group with only 17 'members' in it).

All in all we just need to check.
When Exy gets online I will talk to him about making a section and all and I will start posting various topics to start the planning.
That said. Seeing the interest in this, I got a good feeling!
 
so TF2 it is?? :D
I have no doubt TF2 will make the line up, not only is it free and doesn't require a hefty PC, but it also is a great game to get into.

But again, I will make topics to decide which games and possibly some specific topics for games that are close rivals, like LoL and HoN.
 
You know, the best part about playing LoL in a skype/vent - if you have all the players in the same chat for both teams - you KNOW something is about to happen when the other team suddenly gets really quiet and all the lanes empty out ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back