Genesis Map Areas

hmm no the effect are working for example the fountain in the earthguard city the gfx effect works but when you look close you can see that there is like a layer of noithing between the effect and the ground
 
I would think any issues with water would be due to the fact that I didn't create/edit anything for server side /watermap for these 4 new regions...

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Use Ronny's elementclient.exe from this post http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/enable-disable-restricted-zones-world-713518/

---- Alternative Genesis Map Area Stuff ----
Prepacked with new Genesis stuff
  • building.pck:
  • litmodels.pck: (Map models)
  • gfx.pck: (Shiny Effects)
  • shaders.pck:
  • grasses.pck:
  • textures.pck:
  • loddata.pck:
  • surfaces.pck: - 343's Megaupload

World Map (with Tideborn and Genesis):
  • Server Side:
  • Client Side:

Follow this post's instructions to get the stuff in your files: http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/genesis-map-areas-713612/#post6067895

Just so you know, if I remember accurately. Running a WinMerge showed me that it is about un-necessary to do anything with the following packs (as there were no differences):

building.pck
shaders.pck
grasses.pck
textures.pck
 
Just so you know, if I remember accurately. Running a WinMerge showed me that it is about un-necessary to do anything with the following packs (as there were no differences):

building.pck
shaders.pck
grasses.pck
textures.pck

No, there was stuff added. building.pck increased by about 50MB.
 
well the filesize is physically bigger yes. Although (and I am running a PWD client) my prior PWD building.pck actually has more files than the CN building.pck; but doing a WinMerge showed me that all the ones they do have in common are physically the exact same files ;)
 
Instructions:

this is intended for use with Ronny's PWD client

1) Server side: extract on top of your current server /gamed/config/world/ directory (overwriting all if asked)

*info >>> World Map > serverside need " npcgen.data " or mapservice are crased >>> try old file :)


That means this is just the new part of world, meant to be copied "right on top of whatever you currently have" ;)
 
ehemmm i got this err,
i use Ronny downgrade Patch and i replace the downloaded files
but this is the result:/: also i use ronny's element.exe

343 - Genesis Map Areas - RaGEZONE Forums


please help!!
 
don't use building.pck; nothing has changed in building.pck

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

the only ones that need to be replaced/repacked (that have new stuff) is GFX LITMODELS LODDATA and SURFACES (besides the client and server side maps) that is it...
 
I am seeming to have a problem myself :\

If I try to go anywhere near where I've colored yellow, client hangs and suddenly closes. Everywhere else seems fine so far, just the area immediately in or around my yellow markings :(
 

Attachments

  • problem - Genesis Map Areas - RaGEZONE Forums
    problem.webp
    74.5 KB · Views: 494
@343 can you please reupload the client side and server side thank you .Awesome job on the work on the maps Goodlookingguy and 343 and to everyone else that helped ..

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

thanks the link is working
 
everyone check your maps, see if you too are having problems in and around the highlighted area:

343 - Genesis Map Areas - RaGEZONE Forums


These are the only areas I've noticed so far that are producing a problem.
 
does the map service have to be offline to replace the maps in the server side ?

I don't think it has to be, but regardless it will require a restart (at least of the world map) before you can actually travel these areas...

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------


I'm confused. I thought you were pointing out that my 'package' does not contain an NPCGEN.DATA oO
 
Well other than the above problem (which seems to be a very bad one, nonetheless :( I haven't located anything else major. I did locate one minor thing while attempting to cover the whole map and all I was able to find was this (412,278):
 

Attachments

  • error - Genesis Map Areas - RaGEZONE Forums
    error.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 170
as far as the major problem causing the client to hang and close, the only other thing I have been able to learn is that I can (GM) tele to the farthest south-west corner of the map and not 'crash'. As soon as I head toward the path slight north-east it crashes, never fails...
 
as far as the major problem causing the client to hang and close, the only other thing I have been able to learn is that I can (GM) tele to the farthest south-west corner of the map and not 'crash'. As soon as I head toward the path slight north-east it crashes, never fails...

I attempted to recreate your problem. However, my game client hasn't crashed even once.

--------
I was able to reproduce the error at 412,278 though

 
Back