Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Get server configuration + Database !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Stoned !
Reaction score
Can anyone get me gunz 2 server config ? Files are really messed up here! + Has anybody got fixed database ??

-.-???????????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nah all is good. Just tell us where is the problem. I try to help.
Just edit xml files and enter your information. Leave 127.0.0.1 everywhere just for test. Line IP near driver name and login is not your real IP or localhost. You must type there server connection name. For me is CUKIER/GUNZ2

And DB is good, but installation of SQL 2008 R2 on Win7 is near impossible (i tryed on Home Premium... privillages poop etc). So today after job i try install it on XP.

Reaction score
Dude the databases got only the tables of accounts, characters login and logout things. (Speaking about the databases from the folder of the release from gunz 2.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see now... So i just wait for someone who make DB "usable".

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And DB is good, but installation of SQL 2008 R2 on Win7 is near impossible (i tryed on Home Premium... privillages poop etc). So today after job i try install it on XP.
2008 R2 installed fine on my Win 7 Home Premium.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Damm im so horny ...
WARonline maybe you can make it work ? ^^
Btw i played a while on the1domo server. And game preety lags :) I hope it's low optimized alpha client. Becouse there isn't a lot of video options now ;/

Reaction score
I am busy with other game thought...If I would have time to spend on creating from zero and release them in here, yes I would do it.
But me as kinda external guy to this section, why I should care, if you guys here your not helping each other...
All you can see in each sections (All Private Server Forums) is: Hacking, Competitors, peoples that when they was so Ducking noob when they enter in here and they made new private server they've been helped with full working files, and now after months maybe years, they are keeping only for them without remembering that they was the same as the newbies from nowadays, searching/begging/asking for 2 stupid databases.

Anyway, not my fault because peoples are so..."only for them self"

Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am busy with other game thought...If I would have time to spend on creating from zero and release them in here, yes I would do it.
But me as kinda external guy to this section, why I should care, if you guys here your not helping each other...
All you can see in each sections (All Private Server Forums) is: Hacking, Competitors, peoples that when they was so Ducking noob when they enter in here and they made new private server they've been helped with full working files, and now after months maybe years, they are keeping only for them without remembering that they was the same as the newbies from nowadays, searching/begging/asking for 2 stupid databases.

We used to work for our stuff back then, and when we released it, all we gained was those jews taking credit for our work. So, what's the point anymore if you work your butt of for something and someone just downloads it and puts his name on it. You're mixing up things, War.

The new developers think that they actually do work by following tutorials, back then, we had no tutorials.

I can't agree with you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We used to work for our stuff back then, and when we released it, all we gained was those jews taking credit for our work. So, what's the point anymore if you work your butt of for something and someone just downloads it and puts his name on it. You're mixing up things, War.

The new developers think that they actually do work by following tutorials, back then, we had no tutorials.

I can't agree with you.

You are talking like you could do something. Like you were a developer. The only skills you have is Ducking the already working things up or buy the stuff from others. Maybe you can follow 1-2 tutorials aswell.
Stop acting big ,Get back to earth and grow up.

peace.

Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You are talking like you could do something. Like you were a developer. The only skills you have is Ducking the already working things up or buy the stuff from others. Maybe you can follow 1-2 tutorials aswell.
Stop acting big ,Get back to earth and grow up.

peace.

Don't really need to prove to anyone I can do stuff. I know I can, and that suits me well.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Dont want to say you are to 100% saying the truth..
But i remember how this gunz scene was 2 years ago...
Everyone looked for himself and was not really a help for the newbies..
And i know how that is since you are a newbie and want help but none helps out if you know then everything and you wont help out because they made the same they are talking shenanigans about how unfair you are.
Also i dont see any point to release gunz 2 files already now or trying to get them in the hands.

08 and 1.5 files are awesome for what all are in need of gunz 2 in the end none of you will play that game because this is not gunz anymore.

Also i would rather wait before this files are released.

Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Conclusion, stop developing an unfinished game.

Reaction score
Conclusion, stop developing an unfinished game.

This, and by unfinished he does mean unfinished. I doubt any of you understand actual game engines and how they work. So I'll just throw out a rough # to make this simple.

Realspace 3 for GunZ 2? It's only 40% Implemented if I had to give a #.

It's got A LONG way to go. Ontop of the coding they need to finish models, animations, finish all of the LUA integration for quests and scene events.

Maps need to be made. This is an actual IN DEVELEOPMENT game. For ONE person to say "I finished it and made it work here's a release!" is impossible. I could release "working" files and a "working" database today, but why? It's not a "working" game.

This would require a dedicated full team of developers, actually structured and working as a real company would. I'm sorry, but none of you here in the GunZ section have the skills OR the maturity to do this. So I'm not supporting GunZ 2 at all.

GunZ 1? Meh, I'll probably end up releasing repacks and addon-ons closed source style still, but idk when.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lets make a Team ?

Im going to be brutally honest with you, there are few to none of us that are talented enough to finish this game.

We are (mostly) amateurs and hobbiest, and this requires a more professional skill level.

Ill swallow my pride and say this is above me, I am still learning, which is true for most every dev here. If people were already at the skill level needed, they would be off making money without the risk of copyright.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im going to be brutally honest with you, there are few to none of us that are talented enough to finish this game.

We are (mostly) amateurs and hobbiest, and this requires a more professional skill level.

Ill swallow my pride and say this is above me, I am still learning, which is true for most every dev here. If people were already at the skill level needed, they would be off making money without the risk of copyright.

People shouldn't even be trying to end a game, which is still being in development by the studio that created the roots.

In the end their version will be much better, more functionality, quality, less bugs etc etc. And people shouldn't release a game before it is released by the company who created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back