Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]PokeNet Server Setup

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have worked on 12 of the maps for hoenn and completed 10 now.
Slateport I'm missing a majority of the building sprites and most of the market place sprites. Fortree city is the other one I was not able to complete, I'm not sure how to handle the raised structures. If I make the area "walkable" then the tiles don't look right, also at some points in the town you have to walk under bridges, I'm not sure how to configure that eithor.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have worked on 12 of the maps for hoenn and completed 10 now.
Slateport I'm missing a majority of the building sprites and most of the market place sprites. Fortree city is the other one I was not able to complete, I'm not sure how to handle the raised structures. If I make the area "walkable" then the tiles don't look right, also at some points in the town you have to walk under bridges, I'm not sure how to configure that eithor.

I figured it might be easier to understand if I posted the map for fortree city.......

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So many things wrong with that map, instead of fixing it i just wanna remap it :/
yah the tileset is messed up......and i messed up the raised platforms..........and walkways.....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I attached all the maps Ive worked on so far. Just keep in mind there not all finished.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
U need to remember, u cant have tiles on a collision layer, and tiles on a walkable layer, in the same coordinates, they will duck with each other..

Hm...thats odd cause it should be set to use top most layer. Collision should be on top. But if thats the only major problem thats a relatively easy fix. I'm assuming the water and the walkable tile would have similar issues? I ussually cover the whole map with whatever walkable tile cover the most surface area on the map and then add the other layer on top of that. I'll try walking around on one and see how bad it is. Also alot of the maps that the game is already using use collision on top of walkable.
A good example is 3,0.

EDIT: I just tested mossdeep out.......looks a little clunky but the walk around was fine.....also I just confirmed that you do not need to add the maps to that list to get them to load. All you need is drop the map in both the client and server map folder and give the map name a numerical coordinate that is not taken to work.

Did you notice any other problems besides the walkable and collision tiles overlapping?

Edit: for somereason I cant get get to page 19 of this forum....

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
iam getting
error:cannot reach time server, reverting to local time :?

and when i try to register. a unknow error

Cannot reach time server is a normal error. That's because in the coding, there is a line of code that goes to a web page (which is now closed) and takes the time and sets it in game. Without the code, it just sets the time to what's on your computer.

The registration error means that your game isn't connecting to the mySQL database.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
iam getting
error:cannot reach time server, reverting to local time :?

and when i try to register. a unknow error

My time server messed up as well....i think defualt mentioned how to fix that earlier in this forum..or on one of the other forums related to this topic...I havent had time to fix it yet....

The unknown error can be fixed by getting a corect version of the sql database. The one in the link doesn't work.....someone posted a correct one on one of the earlier pages.........I can't remeber which one is correct I attached 2 of them to this post.....one is right the other is wrong.....cant remeber which is which......so try both.....let me know if you have any other issues

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
test message .....cause i cant get to page 19?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
sigh i dont understand this at all can someone tell me a step by step cause i cant even start the server i changed the name from run_pokenet.sh to SERVER_START.bat and the command prompt just pops up and goes away no java window shows up...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the .sh is just for linux there should already be a .bat

Actually, there isn't. The bat isn't included in the SVN.

sigh i dont understand this at all can someone tell me a step by step cause i cant even start the server i changed the name from run_pokenet.sh to SERVER_START.bat and the command prompt just pops up and goes away no java window shows up...

You're using Windows, so that won't work. I have a working SERVER_START.bat included in the attachment.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey default im trying to run my own server and i can run my character just fine but i cant get my friends too play it right it closes for my friend when he presses register like it doesnt even say anything and the other the bat wont open can you help me out pm me with the fix (if thier is one) thanks- Gawerty100

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ty pokeorb i got it to start now

ok i click on start server it froze there and idont see stop server blue" what do i do?

Back