Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gunz Map - Chapel

In Progress... FFXIV...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Info: The settings of this map is basically in a church. It is a very small map, and my first map that I am going to release made from Max.

Include:
- "Chapel" folder (just in case you want to edit anything in the files before you pack/compile it into a .mrs file)
- banner_Chapel.tga (for your default.mrs)
- map_Chapel.bmp (for your loadable.mrs)
- Credits.txt (also has information that is basically similar to the one below)

Add this into your Lobby.xml in the "Lobby_StageList" item
Code:
<BITMAP type="back">banner_Chapel.tga</BITMAP>

If you're using Gunz 1.5 files, you might want to create a folder in your MatchServer/Maps and named it, "Chapel". After you done that, copy the spawn.xml from the Chapel folder and paste it into your MatchServer/Maps/Chapel. This is to have the hp, ap, and bullet spawn work correctly in the map.

Preview:

Downloads:
-

Do not make mirrors of this map.

Note: If there are any mirrors of this, I will remove it without hesitation.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Love it! Thanks <3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Again an awesome release from u, :scared:
Keep it up.

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Would be helpfull to know the scaling.
Sorry that i cant be arsed to download and check it out myself.
Had too much of a struggle of max being gay the last few days.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome!!! Someday I'm gonna make some perfect map too. Like you did.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's sad to know that this is your last post,
hopefully you will enjoy your life without gunz development.
keep it up, and all the best.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No offence to the OP but,
I think you over done it, It is GunZ the graphics are low and this looks like it was made for devil may cry 4.
It looks way to fresh like if you would compare this map to mansion, It would poop on mansion daily and i just dont think it would fit gunz at all sorry.

Still amazing work i give you +1 for that.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You have come a long ways.

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Took a closer look at it.
I wouldnt say its bad (caus it isnt) but theres just too many places where you were realy lazy (missing polygons at benches&door for example).
All textures are brebaked with a certain ammount of light, im unclear what to think about them.
You didnt set a single smooth group, your pillars cause a certain light problem that i only see when people import mesh from different games or other places.
The collision is realy dodgy in many places, while i understand why you blocked off the benches, i think youd have had been better of with not blocking them.
There arent any object lights in it, kinda dissapointing.
All in all id give it a 6.5-7/10.

Congrats on your first release though.
Sidenote, theres no visible difference between lowres light bitmap and highres bitmap due to prebaked light so you could have went with 16/4 with no visual effect and lower your overall filesize with it. (around 700kb)
Youd generaly only want a high resolution bitmap if you have shadow casting lights, all your lights only illuminate without casting shadows ever.

Last edited:
Back