• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Habbo][Development][CMS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Anyway.

Predict - [Habbo][Development][CMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Started working on groups, I forgot about the widget "group memberships". Hahaha.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
With a bank interest system personally if I had my own hotel I would disable the automatic coins every <x> minutes and change it to something like 1000 credits every 24 hours or something similar so it forced users to bank their money or participate in other events and such to get their own money to make their own rooms. It adds a sense of realism to the game and I like the idea of users earning their own money as a pose to the money being drip fed every 15 minutes.

Having say (for example) 5000 credits every 24 hours and an hourly interest for money saved which could be a rate of say 2.5% which would give the user 125 coins every hour which is about 32 coins every 15 minutes just the coins are given every hour providing the user has saved enough money. It also means users will get benefits for saving such as more coins per hour and so on, so fourth.

If you were to create a real economy you shouldn't give credits x minutes at all. The economy of most retros is a complete turn off. To recreate the economy in the real Habbo you would have to a stable mini-system based on trading. The thing required though is a nice userbase to start out with. Let's say 40 - 50 people online whoms IQ is higher than the 10 points of the average little Habbo player.. I mean, we all see these things where we think.. "wut?". When starting out with only 100 credits you would force people into trading for the furniture they can't buy and one of the other 49 players may possess. Combine this with (at first) daily events and you would create a nice demand and offer for furniture. The moment you through in free credits anywhere at x minutes/days you would destroy this system.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in /home/predictx/public_html/dev/myhabbo.php on line 60

I get this error when I try to post the groups member widget on the live version.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in /home/predictx/public_html/dev/myhabbo.php on line 60

I get this error when I try to post the groups member widget on the live version.

Try again.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you were to create a real economy you shouldn't give credits x minutes at all. The economy of most retros is a complete turn off. To recreate the economy in the real Habbo you would have to a stable mini-system based on trading. The thing required though is a nice userbase to start out with. Let's say 40 - 50 people online whoms IQ is higher than the 10 points of the average little Habbo player.. I mean, we all see these things where we think.. "wut?". When starting out with only 100 credits you would force people into trading for the furniture they can't buy and one of the other 49 players may possess. Combine this with (at first) daily events and you would create a nice demand and offer for furniture. The moment you through in free credits anywhere at x minutes/days you would destroy this system.

If you were to be even more realistic, you'd know that retros were never created to retain an economy at all - and a starting number of credits of 100 is even more of a turn off. Many have tried, I'm sure. Look at Habbo - they struggled to keep a stable economy with pixels, to the extent that they finally removed them. The only reason their economy of credits are stable is because they have a price tag.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If you were to be even more realistic, you'd know that retros were never created to retain an economy at all - and a starting number of credits of 100 is even more of a turn off. Many have tried, I'm sure. Look at Habbo - they struggled to keep a stable economy with pixels, to the extent that they finally removed them. The only reason their economy of credits are stable is because they have a price tag.

Retro's were always meant to recreate Habbo and definitely not having every hotel running Phoenix, with the same catalogue and same website etc. There are not 1 but many factors that would maintain an economy. And one of these is originality. If I were to join a hotel which I knew has a pretty stable economy using my example from my last posts but you only start with 100 credits instead of 100k you might not go there. But! When the 100 credits offer you a complete new scala on features or differences which any hotel wouldn't be able to compare to the choice might be a bit harder! ;) Well, that's what I'm trying to recreate with my hotel. I will try to recreate the oldschool experience and people may not like it, but there's this Habbo userbase that does LOVE oldschool and that's the group I'm trying to target. And I'm SURE they rather join a stable economy with a 100 credit startup instead of just another Phoenix hotel.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Retro's were always meant to recreate Habbo and definitely not having every hotel running Phoenix, with the same catalogue and same website etc. There are not 1 but many factors that would maintain an economy. And one of these is originality. If I were to join a hotel which I knew has a pretty stable economy using my example from my last posts but you only start with 100 credits instead of 100k you might not go there. But! When the 100 credits offer you a complete new scala on features or differences which any hotel wouldn't be able to compare to the choice might be a bit harder! ;) Well, that's what I'm trying to recreate with my hotel. I will try to recreate the oldschool experience and people may not like it, but there's this Habbo userbase that does LOVE oldschool and that's the group I'm trying to target. And I'm SURE they rather join a stable economy with a 100 credit startup instead of just another Phoenix hotel.

Retro's was mainly created for free credits and have fun building stuff without paying tons of money for credits, HC club free and such.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score

99% of retro players probably won't even be able to differentiate between a hotel running Phoenix and another running (for example) Butterfly - as far as they're concerned, x hotel has horses where as y hotel does not. I don't think the economy has anything to do with how a user makes their decision, unless of course there is a low starting amount. As I stated, it's next to impossible to maintain a free currency's economy - take my point with Habbo and the removal of pixels, for example. And oldschool hotels (just like where you brought the choice of emulator into this) has absolutely nothing to do with the economy (and even less to do with a big user-count).

You may try and prove otherwise, but I can evidently say that economies on retros will never be perfect (or even close).

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
99% of retro players probably won't even be able to differentiate between a hotel running Phoenix and another running (for example) Butterfly - as far as they're concerned, x hotel has horses where as y hotel does not. I don't think the economy has anything to do with how a user makes their decision, unless of course there is a low starting amount. As I stated, it's next to impossible to maintain a free currency's economy - take my point with Habbo and the removal of pixels, for example. And oldschool hotels (just like where you brought the choice of emulator into this) has absolutely nothing to do with the economy (and even less to do with a big user-count).

You may try and prove otherwise, but I can evidently say that economies on retros will never be perfect (or even close).

Well, I'll just try to prove otherwise indeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back