Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Habbo Hotel's Future - What do you want to see in it? Official 

Reaction score
Professional HTML5.
HTML5 is not supported in all browsers.
HTML5 has no hardware accelerators.
HTML5 has no compilable file assets.
HTML5 has no correct sockets support.
HTML5 is not secure.
HTML5 has no good IDE.

Should I continue?

Reaction score
HTML5 is not supported in all browsers.

Did you know that IE even supports HTML5. Maybe not that well as Chrome/FireFox. But still. It has a decend support.

And I already know what you're gonna say about that: "People dont use the newest IE". True, however the people who do are not the oldest people, nor people at work with older versions.

Still, childeren dont always know what a browser mean. But a decend home computer has windows updates which includes alos IE updates.

HTML5 has no hardware accelerators.

Well, true. partly. HTML5 isn't something you "download" like a program. It's a set of appointments (sort of). It all depends on the browser if it uses Hardware Acceleration, not HTML5!

HTML5 has no compilable file assets.

True, but why do you need to get a pre compiled file from the HTTP server? To spare some bandweight? Well, HTML5 has a solution. OFFLINE CACHE!

HTML5 has no correct sockets support.

It has a WebSocket. which if you do it right, will work just like a normal connection. Remember that Javascript isn't like C#/Java!!!!!

HTML5 is not secure.

So, why is Flash/Java secure. But HTML5 not?

HTML5 has no good IDE.

Nuff said:

Should I continue?

No, please. Dont make yourself look like a fool.

----

Reserving post space. Let me come back to this within a hour and half....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you know that IE even supports HTML5. Maybe not that well as Chrome/FireFox. But still. It has a decend support.

And I already know what you're gonna say about that: "People dont use the newest IE". True, however the people who do are not the oldest people, nor people at work with older versions.

Still, childeren dont always know what a browser mean. But a decend home computer has windows updates which includes alos IE updates.

There is not browser that fully support HTML5 yet.

True, but why do you need to get a pre compiled file from the HTTP server? To spare some bandweight? Well, HTML5 has a solution. OFFLINE CACHE!

Download and cache 8 images of every furniture/figure part? Very clever.

It has a WebSocket. which if you do it right, will work just like a normal connection. Remember that Javascript isn't like C#/Java!!!!!

WebScokets are slower and take more resources.

So, why is Flash/Java secure. But HTML5 not?

Becouse nobody ever decompiled Habbo yet?

Nuff said:

This is poop.

Zephyr Studios
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They should get some better staffs! (the new staffs on the danish hotel is noobs)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Someone could just remake an one of those old habbos and develop from there..

Reaction score
So every time they load game they have to download hundreads of .pngs?

Who says it needs to be 8 images a part? Who says you cant code your own file format which can own multiple images? You really think YouTube uses for every icon a seperate image? Hell no!

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Butterfly

Reaction score
If they do it correctly, they don't have to..
Sure, some Anal Habbo Retro Section magic

Who says it needs to be 8 images a part? Who says you cant code your own file format which can own multiple images? You really think YouTube uses for every icon a seperate image? Hell no!

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Butterfly

Make own file format? HTML5? Are you an idiot?

Rogu3
Reaction score
Rav4eG he means why not create an entirely new file format, not HTML5. Besides, HTML5 should work anyway, many online games that used to be Flash or Java are updating now anyway to HTML5 like RuneScape. Flash is just old and out-dated. I do like the idea of arrow keys, but I think it should also just be an option. Sometimes it's easier to click, sometimes it's easier to tap.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Rav4eG he means why not create an entirely new file format, not HTML5. Besides, HTML5 should work anyway, many online games that used to be Flash or Java are updating now anyway to HTML5 like RuneScape. Flash is just old and out-dated. I do like the idea of arrow keys, but I think it should also just be an option. Sometimes it's easier to click, sometimes it's easier to tap.

I thought browsers don't fully work on html5? Swhat's the point on moving to hml5 then?

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So, your point is that Habbo should move to html5, because sometime it will be better than flash(but now it's not)?

I'm guessing he meant that it would be easier to get the files from habbo (to rip it) then how it is now , he said none about performance

Back