Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Habbo Hotel's Future - What do you want to see in it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heh, I used to love the fact that rares were worth so much back in the day. I remember back when a Throne was worth like 20 HC sofas give or take. Could even buy them on eBay if you wanted to.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know that wasn't an original feature, I never said it was. You're right though, if you were rich, you had nice rooms with some rares. Now, it's if you have millions of coins with thousands of supers that aren't even rares anymore because they're also inflated. A rare doesn't exist anymore because they aren't even "rare". There are so many of them now. It used to be that rares were actually rare and very few people had them. Now, it's like, "I have 33,634,234 dragons, 242,324 thrones, and 10,174,028,014 dinos."

Assuming that's why they introduced the LTD rares. Anyone know how effective they were?

Hakuna Matata
Reaction score
No, when they introduced it, you didn't have to pay anything extra. So that 1c was 1c in the catalogue. They changed it later.

They introduced it in order to give people to option to trade for credits, instead of being limited to furniture. To me, this is their biggest mistake as now people are saving it. In the past you showed how rich you was via the furniture, cos everybody could lie they had 1k coins in their purse.

They later added the buy 1c for 2c to filter out the credits from the game and tried to make it stable. I think they might even remove it in the future though as nobody is buying single coins.

Same how they introduced the marketplace with a furni limit a week and then later removed it.

Exchange is removed on
So, who knows?

Reaction score
They went wrong at the merge, instead of merging the amount of users per hotel, like they thought, they lost maybe about 60% of the community between the 5 hotels. Then came the 'pedophile' shenanigans, which maybe lost a bit of players; but that lead to the mute... Which then they would've lost another huge chunk of their community, and by large I mean.. A LOT. At this time of writing this post, Habbo (.com) has 2112 players online, if we went back let's say 4 years from now, unmerged, the US (.com) Hotel would be at about 6K players, that's a loss of more than 70% of their player base, based on just the one hotel (.com). Instead of the 10K+ users they expected, they are now down to 2K, but we'll say 3K on a good night (here in Australia), and shrinking, rapidly. They need to stop removing features, and instead add them, or bring old features back. They need to offer users something worth coming on to Habbo for, pixels was where it was at; you would be able to buy furniture using a free currency, it wasn't worth anything, but it gave you something to do. Now all it is, is boring events, games, etc.. There's not much for new players to even do, it's just so boring. And not only that they recently banned gambling, this was a huge part of the Habbo player base, and economy. Cutting the biggest part from the game is not a good idea, at all. And I've seen people say because all the old Habbo players have grown up, it's not that, Habbo is a game, Sulake is a company, just like any other game out there, they expect new generations to be coming on and playing, but they're just not going in the right direction. They need to start being more connective with the community, take direct suggestions, they need to know what their users want in order to get somewhere. Else they're just going to keep on digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole. I've lost interest in Habbo now, it use to be fun. Now it's just the 'same old, same old' Habbo, nothing is interesting anymore. If they brought back features like Trax Player & Editor, Camera (I think they are? Not too sure), mini-games like BB & Wobble-squabble, they might have a fighting chance; because those gave you something to do, something worth coming on Habbo for. And their advertisement team need to start advertising Habbo better if they want to reach new customers/players.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why so difficult? They were too late with mobile compatibility, that's it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For me I think the merging of the servers from different countries was what really killed the game. I'm from Canada and I loved Habbo Canada. We even had commercials of Habbo Hotel on TV here. Also Habbo Canada had partnerships with our local TV and radio shows, it made the community feel really connected. We even had a daily music show here in Canada that had a "Habbo Section" where one of the hosts on TV would interact with us in the hotel live! Back then, you were also able to buy Habbo prepaid cards here in Canada which made it easy to get credits. I loved how each countries had a unique hotel look, in Canada ours was a giant wooden cabin in the forest by the lake, which is perfect! The fact that Habbo Canada had such strong local interaction was great. The cultural and interactive aspect of the game was really what drawed me into it and that died with the merger. Now I go to the big Habbo Hotel English and I really don't feel connected to it at all.

I'd also like to point out that Habbo completely failed at the Asian market. I don't know why they gave up on Habbo Japan and Habbo Singapore. Asians like to have one big server for the Asian continent, not being merged to the English server! Habbo Singapore could have served as the main Asian-continent server since it used Chinese, Malay and English. Habbo Japan had a lot of potential, I think they had major marketing issues. Either way, Habbo did not do any marketing in Asia, that's why their Asian numbers were so low. Habbo does not have access to the largest and most populous continent in the world, which was one of their biggest mistakes in terms of market expansion.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why so difficult? They were too late with mobile compatibility, that's it.
Yeah, they were. But better late than never :) If i login to habbo i continually (idk if that's the word to use here, but OFTEN) see people playing on their iphones/ipads. If they would introduce habbo on android aswell, i think their online amounts would go up pretty much. Well, by much i mean like 10% but that is a lot, isn't it??

Back