Help! About NexusTK server with old client

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Mar 16, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
So, I'm encountering a bit of trouble with the Nexustk source server that I found on this forum.
I know the source is for clients with version 7.50, but I'm interested in running Nexustk with an older client version, specifically 5.xx.

so, i got a server source on GitHub designed for client version 5.33.
Upon inspecting the source code, I realized it's a modified version of Mithia source (for version 7.09) to be compatible with version 5.33.
However, I noticed that the graphics in the 5.33 client are too rigid.

I wish to run a NexusTK server with client version 5.56 (with smoother graphics). I got the client from originalTK com
The client connects to the server, but it seems the client fails to log in.
Whenever I try to log in or create a new character, a popup message with strange words appears.

I concluded that I might need to edit how the server reads packets from the client,
specifically in the login section. However, I don't understand how to do it. Could you assist me with this issue? I am greatly thankful for your help.
 
Hello,

I Have a split client I call it, old/new client graphics but Im not sure on client stuff or do I have a server. If I was to compile 7.52 into the new part of things I would of done it and kept the old as what your saying. From what I know there isn't a community that is going to help you code or help with packets. I have had people lend me a server but all in all its impossible to fix the game and tons of random packet errors. I have tons of 5.33 maps. If you could get it to be 5.56 and 7.52 you might have something. Other then that its kinda impossible to do it alone, also time consuming.
 
Upvote 0
Back